+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>March 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

EliasAK

Sep 16, 2018
hello, how long it might take after submitting ADR? note that i got a ghost update last week and called cic and eligibility passed and criminality passed, the adr are for security check of course

Hope22

Aug 23, 2019
I just called the cic
After waiting for around 35 mins
I spoke to an agent
She was very helpfull
Medical and criminality passed
The good news are that eligiblity is passed also
But security not started yet
Aor 6 march
She said still 14 days on the timeline and the application is moving and no documents are needed
how long the security check might take?
Hello, congrats for passing the eligibility.
My timeline is similar to yours, except as I know for now eligibility has not started yet.
I have a question did you know when they started the eligibility review? Or you just figured out eligibility is passed without any previous notice?

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
I applied for GCMS notes,15 days back. Hoping PPR before i receive GCMS.

One week back i called them and they said they handle only inland application but that gentleman asked me to be online and tried to check my application but not able to access, he advised me to contact with the local office.

Still i do not know where my application processing. Can anybody advice how to know ?
Wait for two more weeks. You'll know from your GCMS notes. Though it will reflect the status within a couple of days of your GCMS application not the latest.

gkns

May 30, 2019
So as promised, here's my full app info up to the PPR, I bolded the more important dates:
Polish living in Ireland, NOC 2172. 1 dependent (NOC 1121 I think) as common-law married.
We both had the same 481 pts as primary applicants, but I had more experience, so it was safer with me as primary. Cut-off 457 pts.
Had 3 countries of residence, ~10+ travel each (mostly work & holidays). Visited Canada once on eTA, don't know if it mattered at all.

FEB 19 - EE profile created
FEB 20 - ITA
MAR 21 - AOR (took me a while to get some docs)
MAY 3 - Meds passed and Biometrics completed (ran to VAC the same day)
MAY 30 - Webform asking if I have to upload the scans of IELTS certs, because I forgot about them
JUN 5 - answer: no
JUN 13 - sent a technical issue report that I'm not getting the monthly updates as you can check in your profile
JUN 20 - template answer that my app is in progress, didn't say anything about the updates. I assume the checkbox is mislabeled or not for EE.
JUN 29 - ordered GCMS notes through getgcms
JUL 31 - got the GCMS and in them I found out:
They started all the eligibility checks etc. right after BIL. I got no updates and nothing changed in the profile during that time.
My app got flagged for review required on May 28, because one of my employers didn't want to give me the responsibilities for my job on the letter.
in the beginning of June it was sent to CPC Ottawa because of workload sharing. It was untouched since then to when I got GCMS. edit: they completed all other eligibility & criminality checks before that RR flag.

AUG 2 - told the company they're screwing up my visa chances/timelines, they finally gave me the full ref. Sent it via webform.
AUG 9 - got a receipt for the webform.
AUG 12 - sent an e-mail to CPC Ottawa asking if they got my file
AUG 14 - template response that the case is in queue for review by the officer, nothing about the file.
Replied asking if they can add a note to my case that I sent the full ref and they don't have to read my LOE etc. anymore. No response.
AUG 22 - woke up to my first ghost update. E-mailed Ralph Goodale's office asking about the status. (no response)
AUG 23 - woke up to the 2nd ghost update, getting hyped up. :)
AUG 24 - woke up to the PPR(!).
AUG 26 - sent the stuff they wanted to London.
Total time to PPR 156 days. I checked the app probably 10+ times a day, so I'm sure I didn't get any GUs before the ones mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: mesho and jigesh

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
What trend are you referring to dear friend.

The fact is that there is no trend which is what baffles people !!
Well, I was watching people's comment in Jan, Feb and April's AOR. Though my observation entirely depends upon the situation of the people in Jan, Feb. Their timeline was ending in July and August respectively and the majority of them haven't heard anything after BIL and the same situation is there Mar and April. They are (Or most of them) are receiving updates in the last month. Since we have headed into the last month, let's hope for the best :)

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
So as promised, here's my full app info up to the PPR, I bolded the more important dates:
Polish living in Ireland, NOC 2172. 1 dependent (NOC 1121 I think) as common-law married.
We both had the same 481 pts as primary applicants, but I had more experience, so it was safer with me as primary. Cut-off 457 pts.
Had 3 countries of residence, ~10+ travel each (mostly work & holidays). Visited Canada once on eTA, don't know if it mattered at all.

FEB 20 - ITA
MAY 30 - Webform asking if I have to upload the scans of IELTS certs, because I forgot about them
JUN 13 - sent a technical issue report that I'm not getting the monthly updates as you can check in your profile
JUN 20 - template answer that my app is in progress, didn't say anything about the updates. I assume the checkbox is mislabeled or not for EE.
They started all the eligibility checks etc. right after BIL. I got no updates and nothing changed in the profile during that time.
My app got flagged for review required on May 28, because one of my employers didn't want to give me the responsibilities for my job on the letter.
in the beginning of June it was sent to CPC Ottawa because of workload sharing. It was untouched since then to when I got GCMS. edit: they completed all other eligibility & criminality checks before that RR flag.

AUG 2 - told the company they're screwing up my visa chances/timelines, they finally gave me the full ref. Sent it via webform.
AUG 14 - template response that the case is in queue for review by the officer, nothing about the file.
Replied asking if they can add a note to my case that I sent the full ref and they don't have to read my LOE etc. anymore. No response.
AUG 22 - woke up to my first ghost update. E-mailed Ralph Goodale's office asking about the status. (no response)
Total time to PPR 156 days. I checked the app probably 10+ times a day, so I'm sure I didn't get any GUs before the ones mentioned.
Thank you for the detailed timelines and events. I am a bit more confident in my observations because I haven't heard anything after 27th May (BIL Request). I have also observed other people's comments. Here are some highlights of my findings.

It would be a multi-layered process for our screening (Can be vertical/horizontal).

Step 1 R10 -> MEP -> BIL -> Criminality

Step 2
Eligibility check (By a Junior level officer, that's entirely my guess) -> Ended up marking Met/Not Met/Review Required with comments. In this scenario, he would trigger ADR if there are some small/apparent errors/mistakes/inaccuracy and the office would choose to do that because he is not the final decision maker so he would decide to leave it on the senior level office with comments (like in @gkns case).

Step 3 Queue to review for the senior level officer which assigned to your file by the system itself, the senior officer opens your file depends upon the workload and other factors (May be queuing logic of the system or other factors)
Note: During this time, whenever you call CIC, you will be told that Eligibility and Security are not started (I assume that's where we are at the moment). However, if you order GCMS notes and everything is fine then nothing much will be reflected.

Step 4:
The senior-level officer would review your file and if everything is perfect (Mark Eligibility Passed) then he will forward it for the Security screening (Or might be that process is parallel) Or he would trigger ADR if something is inaccurate Or he would decide to refuse the file if he is convinced on any findings.

Step 5: Security (Most probably CSIS would be responsible to do this). In this process, they do a simple check with your name in different databases (Country, International, and others). If your name would not flag anywhere then simply you will be given a green signal or they would decide to dig further (Here it can take up to a year to get through if a file has stuck and no timeline is available for that).

The visa officer won't make a final decision until the file gets cleared through security. So as soon as security is cleared, it will report back to the Senior officer who will make the final decision (This can also take time but usually they do it quickly.

THESE ARE ENTIRELY MY GUESSES BASED ON READING VARIOUS CASES, THEIR ADRS, AND TIMELINES. I WOULD BE INCORRECT AT MANY PLACES.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019

FEB 20 - ITA

Congratulations and very happy for you :)

dannyboy334

Aug 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-03-2019
The script below is a part of @SithLord escapades with the IRCC, I take no ownership of the material posted below. All credit goes to @SithLord for making an effort to calm our nerves.

"what does your application is currently in queue for a review by an officer exactly mean?"
This is generally a final review queue. In my case, my eligibility is marked as 'Recommended Pass'. So the case analyst is satisfied with my application and has given his recommendation to the case officer. These cases are put in a queue along with other similar cases that are pending an officer's approval to proceed further. Unfortunately, once an application is in the final review queue there is no set date when the officer will review the file. Everything depends on the case officer's workload. Sometimes the review can happen in 2 days or 2 weeks or even 2 months but rest assured they will be reviewed. Once the officer completes his final review, the next step is usually passport request.

"What does your file is currently under review and required additional verification mean?"
This is different from the final review queue. Cases that require additional background checks for eligibility and security are placed under this queue. The security checks are carried out by third party organizations. The cases are marked with a due date before they are sent to these organizations. Once the due date has expired the case officers follow up with the organizations for an update. IRCC does not have any control over third party organizations, hence the timelines vary and are difficult to predict.

The eligibility checks are further reviewed by the case officers and additional documents are requested wherever necessary. It is a complex procedure carried out by the case officers and also the most time consuming. They are also humans, since each case is different and with the request of additional documents it is difficult to evaluate a rough estimate to complete these assessments.

Can an application's Eligibility status change from "Recommended Pass" to "Review Required"?
Yes!! Recommended Pass is definitely a good thing but it does not guarantee your application will be approved. It is only a recommendation from the case analyst The final decision is still determined by the case officer once he reviews your application. However, the case officer does consider the positive recommendation from the case analyst but it does not influence his decision.

When a remainder is sent does it have any impact on the application? Do the case officers receive these remainders? There were four remainders sent for my application but I did not get any response.
No!! CPC-Ottawa did send you response for all 4 remainders. They did inform your application is pending final review. So the case officer did receive the remainder and is definitely aware about your application. If CPC-Ottawa does not respond to your remainder within 30 days then that means the case officer has not received your remainder

My application has not been touched for months, so how will the case officer know my medical is expired or will expire?
They receive notifications when medicals expire. If you do not receive re-medical request within few days then it could mean a) your background checks are still in progress or b) they are considering to extend your medicals. You may think your application has been forgotten but that is not true. They are definitely aware your medicals have expired.