+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2018***** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
March 9 Applicants, after submitting an additional document (police report from a country that I lived over 6-month time) on Dec. 27, nothing ever since. So nervous. Feels like something is pulling my guts. :(
Hi E.R.Z784, It is hard sometimes to not see any new updates during this journey. We feel your worry. I have a feeling that this additional background check item will be verified and move forward in the process very, very soon. It's about the 2-week mark now. Once this piece is cleared, your status will change to decision made soon! :)

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hi E.R.Z784, It is hard sometimes to not see any new updates during this journey. We feel your worry. I have a feeling that this additional background check item will be verified and move forward in the process very, very soon. It's about the 2-week mark now. Once this piece is cleared, your status will change to decision made soon! :)
Just the kind words needed. Cheers:)

Reactions: sri_2622

clara_J

Jun 20, 2018
March 9 Applicants, after submitting an additional document (police report from a country that I lived over 6-month time) on Dec. 27, nothing ever since. So nervous. Feels like something is pulling my guts. :(
I just checked my status today and it said they started reviewing my additional docs. So I believe yours will be soon too.

weezie345

Dec 19, 2018
Hi Everyone,

It seems that normal business hours have now resumed and lots of people are getting updates. I've had a couple of requests to repost my timeline, so here goes :)

March 6th 2018 - application posted
March 7th - application delivered
April 4th - IRCC started processing the application
April 6th - IRCC sent acknowledgement of receipt of application and request for police clearance (we didn't realise the checklist had changed)
May 1st - Police certificates and Schedule A posted
May 2nd - IRCC confirmed receipt of Schedule A & police certificates
June 26th - Open Work Permit approved
August 30th - Instructions for medical exam sent
September 10th - had medical exam
September 25th - IRCC confirmed receipt of medical results
December 22nd - DM status for Sponsor and applicant, and pre-arrival services letter received
December 28th - Officially AIP letters received
January 14th - Niagara Falls IRCC sent communication for landing interview next week.

Keeping fingers crossed for everyone still waiting on news.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Thank you for your reply!

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi everyone, just to inform I'm a march 8th applicant, I haven't received any update yet.
Automatic system says that I passed my medical results and they are processing my background check.

agiroux

May 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

hoping someone could clarify what the next step is. I am a March 9th applicant. I received a request for more information on January 3rd. I sent it in and received the AIP letter on January 8th however, my account still says reviewing whether I meat eligibility and that they are processing my background checks. Last night my husband received his SA letter. Does anyone know the next step and how long it usually takes after SA?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

hoping someone could clarify what the next step is. I am a March 9th applicant. I received a request for more information on January 3rd. I sent it in and received the AIP letter on January 8th however, my account still says reviewing whether I meat eligibility and that they are processing my background checks. Last night my husband received his SA letter. Does anyone know the next step and how long it usually takes after SA?
Congratulations on getting your AIP letter and SA letter!!
Based on my experience and of other members, MyCIC will usually continue to have status of "reviewing whether you meet eligibility" even after getting your AIP letter and other letters thereafter. Also, the background status will continue to be "processing your background..." during the rest of the journey.
In terms of next steps, usually, it is expected to get the "Decision Made" (DM) (Inland Landing Letter) via the principal applicant's email. In addition, it is expected to have ECAS update both your SA's and PA's status to "Decision Made" (DM). These updates may happen within the next few days of getting AIP, or may happen within weeks. It varies per case basis. The last step is the principal applicant (PA) getting an email with Landing Interview Letter indicating appointment date/time and IRCC Office location, then finally, your actual landing interview.

Last edited:

GabbyKk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Hello all...am dying of worry here..
This morning i checked ecas and it said DM on sponsor side n in process for PA.. shortly after i PA got a letter from mississauga saying my file has been transferred to IRCC Montreal office for further assessment.

What do you guys think this is:(:(:(

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hello all...am dying of worry here..
This morning i checked ecas and it said DM on sponsor side n in process for PA.. shortly after i PA got a letter from mississauga saying my file has been transferred to IRCC Montreal office for further assessment.

What do you guys think this is:(:(:(
What does your MyCIC say?