+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2018***** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

sillything

Sep 30, 2018
Submitted by my immigration consultant on March 9, got OWP in June 27.

Got request on September 12 requesting more detailed information on basically everything that was from the first submission. Most of the wanted information is for the sponsor and have been given a deadline until Oct 31. Some of the requests are absurd IMO. Anybody else having problems?

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
Submitted by my immigration consultant on March 9, got OWP in June 27.

Got request on September 12 requesting more detailed information on basically everything that was from the first submission. Most of the wanted information is for the sponsor and have been given a deadline until Oct 31. Some of the requests are absurd IMO. Anybody else having problems?
I didn't had any problem with requests for more details, sorry, hope everything is going well

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello March applicants. This thread has been quite so I hope my introduction will spark everyone in communicating daily and not forgetting your updates if any from IRCC.

My situation is urgent as my husband who is the principal applicant has a removal order now an exclusion order placed on his file due to overstaying his visitor visa by 3 years.

While we were dating, CBSA became aware that he has over stayed on his visa in Canada and needs to leave. We got married in the meantime. CBSA gave an opportunity to fill out a PRRA which will temporary suspend his removal order. After submitting this application form on July 22, 2017, my husband enlisted a lawyer because of the PRRA application that he filled out and that I wish to sponsor him. Through the lawyer, we submitted an inland application on March 12, 2018 in which IRCC was in receipt March 15, 2018. Throughout this time, my husband had to check in monthly at CBSA location in Mississauga. On October 9, 2018, the results from the PRRA were available in which he is rejected (obviously), his removal order changed to Exclusion order. CBSA was already made aware through the lawyer that a spousal application has been submitted in the meantime. This officer was a bit aggressive (saying that a spousal application does not stop a removal order and that we need to do an outland application) and made my husband worried that he had to leave ASAP; I was NOT worried at all because there was no formal document provided that a removal order is in effect only stated in the results of the investigation of the rejected PRRA. We did not bring his passport in the meeting in which was requested to be brought in the 2nd meeting in November. After that meeting I gave the officer a dirty look as he was not professional at ALL. This was discussed with the lawyer we retained in which we were told not to worry, no removal order was given and that I (sponsor) should always attend the meeting at the CBSA office.

We just had a call-in notice meeting with the same CBSA officer, yesterday Nov 13, who has confiscated my husband passport and will “wait” for the sponsorship to be approved. Only a photocopy was given to us. The demeanor of this officer has changed completely, he was friendlier, open and spoke to us in person as opposed to behind the glass counter in the last meeting; I’m shocked but grateful. He also stated that IRCC is speeding up because inland Dec 2017 applications (majority) were finalized in October 2018 (this was a tip that he got from IRCC when he made an inquiry). I mention that I have seen many Jan 2018 app being approved now so we are assuming that March app should hear something in December, the officer agreed and we have another check-in date in December.

So I hope that gives some ease, insight and hope that March app will hear something in December despite that December is a month that people do not work because of Christmas holiday and vacation time taken. It will be the best gift if we all hear something before the year ends.

Cheers!

Reactions: Anna02

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
That’s really inspiring..

I am having bit difficult situation though, if someone can plz help me..My application has been received by IRCC on 28march.
Medical request sent on 19 sep 2018 for me and my non accompanying dependent child(lives with my ex in Australia)
I did my medical and got submitted on 26 sep . My ex is not agreeing in doing child’s medical, so I submitted affidavit with proof of contact to ex to CIC Mississauga on 17 oct(before its request time frame of 1 month) however in online status- it says; we did not receive the medical examination results that we requested for. And in background check it shows: they started processing my background check..

I am not sure they considered my affidavit for no. Accompanying dependent medical exam exemption request or not? What shall I do..

I explained well in affidavit that I did not see child since he was 3 months- now he is 3 yrs and I have no intension to sponsor him in future too and I am happy to renounce that right as well..anyone have any idea?

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
That’s really inspiring..

I am having bit difficult situation though, if someone can plz help me..My application has been received by IRCC on 28march.
Medical request sent on 19 sep 2018 for me and my non accompanying dependent child(lives with my ex in Australia)
I did my medical and got submitted on 26 sep . My ex is not agreeing in doing child’s medical, so I submitted affidavit with proof of contact to ex to CIC Mississauga on 17 oct(before its request time frame of 1 month) however in online status- it says; we did not receive the medical examination results that we requested for. And in background check it shows: they started processing my background check..

I am not sure they considered my affidavit for no. Accompanying dependent medical exam exemption request or not? What shall I do..

I explained well in affidavit that I did not see child since he was 3 months- now he is 3 yrs and I have no intension to sponsor him in future too and I am happy to renounce that right as well..anyone have any idea?
Why not calling CIC directly to see if they are in receipt of your affidavit and that your child medicals are no longer needed?

apatel86

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
I tried calling them since 3 weeks but they are hanging up after we reach to the selection to speak to customer service rep unfortunately.. I am trying since 3 weeks at different time points but no luck so far

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I tried calling them since 3 weeks but they are hanging up after we reach to the selection to speak to customer service rep unfortunately.. I am trying since 3 weeks at different time points but no luck so far
Try doing webform for any info on your application,believe me it took me one day to get a response,just put a lot of info into the request,like
Day the app was sent and office mailed to
Courier used to send your application and confirmation number
Receipt number that used for the application payment
Sponsor surname and complete given name , uci ,application number , DOB and country of birth
Type of application
email and phone contacts
Current address
Then a letter of explanation
I submitted mines 10 pm by 11am the next day I got a reply.

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hey everyone....February 2018 apps are starting to get their approvals and DM for their spousal applications. A few on the Facebook group are also posting their updates. March, were next!

Have a blessed day!

Kisse

Dec 3, 2018
I wish to sponsor 4 retired Single Sister with enough supporting Pensions and funds from UK,what are my chances and how to go about it,,the sponsorship colum has no venue for retired Sisters or Brothers wishing to join siblings in Canada

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks for the news. However, May 2018 applicants have also got their DM and waiting for PPR now!
Hmmm...this could be accurate ONLY if the PR applicants are Americans as processing times seem faster from what I read in the forums