+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

abukw

Feb 7, 2019
Hi Admin Please update
My Citizenship test was on May 4th . was super easy. I checked the status online to day it shows Decision Made.
Im not sure when i should receive my Oath Letter . I believe 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: amira041

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Why in country like Canada. They process files more then year.from what I know every year millions of immigrants come to Canada. So why they don't build new offices to process applications faster.!!! that's crazy we are waiting more then one year for a test invite ???

Political Conundrum !!

atuls1317

Star Member
Jun 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 September 2013
AOR Received.
5 November 2013
Med's Request
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
05 June 2014
Hi everyone,
I finally received my test invite.

We started processing your application on May 23, 2018.

We sent you a notice on April 18, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 9, 2019 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I also received the GCMS notes after I received the invite via email.

In the correspondence section in the notes, it mentions the details of my conversation with the call centre and the Case specific enquiry. Seems like they considered my request as I frequently travel to the United States for the work purposes and my original passport is expiring on May 12th. My file was received by them in the beginning of March, 2018.

I have been asked to bring all the documents mentioned in the application. Can someone please guide me what documents I need to take with me to the test centre.

Thanks and Good luck to all the Candidates.

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Finally, we were done with the test on May 4th. Here's my experience and other details.

Application date : Mar 12, 2018
AOR: Mar 28, 2018
Processing start date : June 7, 2018
Test invite received: Apr 24, 2019
Test date: May 4, 2019

Test experience - for me, some questions were pretty tricky compared to online tests that I had practised (yourlibrary, v-soul, apnaToronto and citizenshipcounts.ca). However I had read discover Canada booklet twice which is what I believe helped me answer the trick questions. My husband, on the other hand practised tests only and said his questions were pretty straight fwd. We both scored 20/20.

Interview was detailed but went very well. There was some confusion about our physical presence calculation (immigration tght we missed one date in husbands application) but the interviewing officer rechecked during the interview and confirmed it was an oversight from their end. We assume this could have been one of the reasons for the delay in processing our application.
The officer was very friendly and confirmed that there is nothing else needed. We just need to wait for our oath invite. (fingers crossed)

Good luck to everyone waiting!
Which is your processing center?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

We sent you a notice on April 18, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 9, 2019 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

In the correspondence section in the notes, it mentions the details of my conversation with the call centre and the Case specific enquiry. Seems like they considered my request as I frequently travel to the United States for the work purposes and my original passport is expiring on May 12th. My file was received by them in the beginning of March, 2018.

I have been asked to bring all the documents mentioned in the application. Can someone please guide me what documents I need to take with me to the test centre.

“Seems like they considered my request as I frequently travel to the United States for the work purposes and my original passport is expiring on May 12th. ” this part is just your wishful thinking - they DONT consider those at all. I had to renew my PR card during the citizenship application (after pending for more than a year), and held the new card for just 3 months before oath

Sep2006

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP 2006
Doc's Request.
SEP 2010
Med's Request
18-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
02-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
24-May-2013
Hello,

Please update the spreadsheet:

Received Oath invite email: May 6th, 2019
Oath Date: June 7th, 2019

Thank you

Sep2006

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP 2006
Doc's Request.
SEP 2010
Med's Request
18-Dec-2012
Med's Done....
02-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
24-May-2013
Hi everyone,

Congratulations!

Bring with you all documents like old PR card (if you still have it), new PR card, health card, driving license, language proof, record of landing, all passport dated 5 years at time when you submit your application (since 2013) and up to the present day. Every document you sent a copy of it during submission of your application.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admin please update:

PTJ (Mississauga) March 21, 2018 applicant
Test invite: April 23, 2019
Test Date: May 6th, 2019
Decision Made: May 7th, 2019
Oath Invite: May 7th, 2019
Oath Date: June 10th, 2019

The journey nearly over and I just want to encourage everyone that is still waiting to keep holding on and relax; you'll surely get the goodnews very soon but the key is just relax and let the time take its course. I decided not to worry myself about it, I only sent a webmail once and that was on the anniversary of my application of which I never get any reply until the day I got test invite. I know the waiting period can be hard but it doesn't worth the stress.

Thanks to the great people in the group for sharing all sorts of experiences and responding to people's enquiries too. It's all been so helping.

Last edited:

abukw

Feb 7, 2019
Anyone have an idea how long it takes for Oath Invitation ? My Status online is Decision Made Since 4 Days.

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Anyone have an idea how long it takes for Oath Invitation ? My Status online is Decision Made Since 4 Days.
Hi there,

It really depends, if you go to the spreadsheet you can see MAX, MIN and average days per month for each step of the process.

Hope this helps

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hey all

Yesterday we had our Oath ceremony. The process that started in 2013 has finally been completed. It was a very happy and proud moment. Months and years it took to prepare and finally that was the end.

Thank you all at the forum for staying with me since 2013. I wish you all the best of luck.

Iamroth.

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Hi All,
After receiving the citizenship certificate, may I know how many no. of days left to apply for passport?

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
We were told to wait 2 days.
Thanks, in other words, is there any validity for citizenship certificate? where we need to apply PP within these many days? I have travel plans in near future so I would like to apply after vacation.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
I just called IRCC and they informed me that I'm scheduled for the test on 1 June but they said "it's not confirmed until you receive the invite formally". Does anyone have a similar experience? How credible are those call center agents? My office is in Mississauga.