+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
how long it's taking to get oath invite letter and oath ceremony date for Mississauga applicants for those who took test in Scarborough of late?

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
how long it's taking to get oath invite letter and oath ceremony date for Mississauga applicants for those who took test in Scarborough of late?
Many 12M+ applicants reported having the oath the next day after the test in Scarborough office; others are reporting the oath within one month max. No one really knows for sure.

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Many 12M+ applicants reported having the oath the next day after the test in Scarborough office; others are reporting the oath within one month max. No one really knows for sure.
Thank you! yes I am 12M+ applicant from Mississauga and completed test yesterday. hopefully it comes soon.

Reactions: amira041

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014
Hello.
Finally I get test invite just now.by email.test will be in Scarborough. 30/may.:D:)

Reactions: GraceCan

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Thanks, in other words, is there any validity for citizenship certificate? where we need to apply PP within these many days? I have travel plans in near future so I would like to apply after vacation.
Certificate does not have any expiry date. You can apply for passport in local passport office or service Canada locations. Just Google for address.

huzcan

May 6, 2013
I just called IRCC and they informed me that I'm scheduled for the test on 1 June but they said "it's not confirmed until you receive the invite formally". Does anyone have a similar experience? How credible are those call center agents? My office is in Mississauga.
If they gave you a date it means it should happen

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
Hi All,
are we allowed to postpone the oath ceremony date? if so, is it going be decided by ircc with a future date? or are we allowed to choose a date? Please share your knowledge.

abukw

Feb 7, 2019
Hi All,

My Status online shows that an invitation was sent on May 8th for Oath. The Oath Ceremony Date is may 28TH .
Till Now no email confirmation received !! What Shall I do ? , Shall i wait for more few days ? Or call them ?

Thanks,

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Hi All,

My Status online shows that an invitation was sent on May 8th for Oath. The Oath Ceremony Date is may 28TH .
Till Now no email confirmation received !! What Shall I do ? , Shall i wait for more few days ? Or call them ?

Thanks,
Hi

I would call them just to reassure

Reactions: abukw

sdjfgoogf

Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys, I just did my citizenship today at Scarborough centre and I got a perfect score. The lady asked me after the interview if I could come to the oath ceremony tomorrow but I unfortunately I have work, so they will schedule me for a later date. The lady in the kiosk beside me was also asked the same thing.

When I was doing the interview, I only had to show her my passports, PR Card, drivers license and health card. I brought proof of language competency and proof of landing just in case but they weren’t needed after all.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys, I just did my citizenship today at Scarborough centre and I got a perfect score. The lady asked me after the interview if I could come to the oath ceremony tomorrow but I unfortunately I have work, so they will schedule me for a later date. The lady in the kiosk beside me was also asked the same thing.

When I was doing the interview, I only had to show her my passports, PR Card, drivers license and health card. I brought proof of language competency and proof of landing just in case but they weren’t needed after all.

can u share ur timeline?

sdjfgoogf

Apr 29, 2019
can u share ur timeline?
Yup I posted it a few pages back, here it is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 16, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 11, 2018
I got a notification email for my test on April 29th and my test is today, May 13th. I am a single applicant from Toronto.

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014

Hi.congrats, can I know what you do for your preparation for the test?
Thanks