+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

highflyer

May 24, 2013
From justanordinaryguy- finally after being “in process” for 9 months, I’ve been scheduled for a test. I contacted my MP when I completed 1 year after my application reached CIC (March 26, 2018). They got in touch with CIC , who then informed my MP within 3 days saying I would be scheduled for the test. Test scheduled for April 24 in Mississauga. Mine should be a regular application; haven’t received any information requests or FP requests from CIC.

highflyer

May 24, 2013
From justanordinaryguy- finally after being “in process” for 9 months, I’ve been scheduled for a test. I contacted my MP when I completed 1 year after my application reached CIC (March 26, 2018). They got in touch with CIC , who then informed my MP within 3 days saying I would be scheduled for the test. Test scheduled for April 24 in Mississauga. Mine should be a regular application; haven’t received any information requests or FP requests from CIC.
Sorry for posting under a different username- forgot my login details for the original username!

highflyer

May 24, 2013
Did you just email your MP ? And what did you tell him/her overall ?
I'm in the same boat, 10+ month "In Process" no test
I called them up. I said I applied a year ago for my citizenship, but hadn’t received any updates on my application since June. They sent me a consent form which I had to fill in. They then contacted CIC on my behalf. I contacted them on a Monday. They got back to me the same day to tell me that they have sent an enquire to CIC, and that’s CIC has 10 business days to respond. However, CIC reverted in 3 days to tell them that I will be scheduled for the test, and that I will hear from CIC soon; this was in a Friday. I got the invitation email from CIC in the Wednesday after...

highflyer

May 24, 2013
Did you just email your MP ? And what did you tell him/her overall ?
I'm in the same boat, 10+ month "In Process" no test
My MP had someone in their office who dealt with immigration matters. I was connected to that person when I called up.

I was very pleased with how they treated me and how responsive they were; they shall get my vote!

sbookk

Nov 17, 2018
Hi All,

I am a June 2018 Applicant and I often look at the earlier months applicants in spread sheet to see how much applicants are processed.

I am looking at Mississauga applicants and the spread sheet shows no updates for test invite for most of them. Is the spreadsheet updated? or all of those are still waiting for test invite?

Thanks

sunnybh

Dec 11, 2017
Hi All,

I am a June 2018 Applicant and I often look at the earlier months applicants in spread sheet to see how much applicants are processed.

I am looking at Mississauga applicants and the spread sheet shows no updates for test invite for most of them. Is the spreadsheet updated? or all of those are still waiting for test invite?

Thanks
It seems to be updated for all who are providing their updates

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test date: Feb 24, 2019
Decision made: Feb 28, 2019
Oath invitation email: April 09, 2019
Oath date: April 24, 2019

Oath location: 29 Duke Street Kitchner

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi administrator,

Please, can you update my info in the spreadsheets ?
Thanks in advance.

Test date: Feb 27, 2019
Decision made: Feb 28, 2019
Oath invitation email: April 09, 2019
Oath date: April 24, 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: callbox

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
In another thread I read one applicant listing Marriage Certificate among the list of docs taken for the Test/ Interview. Why Marriage Certificate is required for the Interview? Could it be due to any special situations like married recently? I have never submitted marriage certificate with the Citizenship application and have not seen that in any docs requirements (I was married before applying PR and think I submitted with PR application).

Can I guess marriage certificate is not a requirement for normal applications?

Can someone comment on this please?

Thanks!!!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
In another thread I read one applicant listing Marriage Certificate among the list of docs taken for the Test/ Interview. Why Marriage Certificate is required for the Interview? Could it be due to any special situations like married recently? I have never submitted marriage certificate with the Citizenship application and have not seen that in any docs requirements (I was married before applying PR and think I submitted with PR application).

Thanks!!!
It is not a requirement. As far as I know they are evaluating you based on your days spent in Canada, not your marriage. The only reason someone may include a marriage certificate is if that was asked of them.

Reactions: yezdi_in

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks!!!
I applied in my maiden name. I included marriage cert because health card/drivers licence were in my married name and pr card/passport were in my maiden name so I just wanted to prove that I was the same person. A lovely agent rang me and asked me would I like my application in my married name and I said yes. I brought the cert to the test/interview and they did ask for it. It's not a requirement for a normal application.

Reactions: yezdi_in

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
It is not a requirement. As far as I know they are evaluating you based on your days spent in Canada, not your marriage. The only reason someone may include a marriage certificate is if that was asked of them.
Thank you for the reply! I was also guessing that way. My test was today. That's why why I thought of confirming it :)