VISA ISSUED...
05 June 2014
Hi please add me in the list of March 2018 applicants,
Office: Mississauga
Application received: March 12, 2018
Aor: March 23, 2018
In Process: May 23, 2018

Nothing ever since,
I finally called IRCC last week. I was told everything has already been done and Im waiting on test invite and that she will send a message to the related office.
I sent a web-form inquiry 2 days after that as my home country's PP is expiring by May 2019 end and my job requires me to travel US very frequently. I received the same response in my email that they will be sending a message to the responsible office.

I calculated my presence days to about 1500+. I initially thought that because of my over 70 entry and exits between US/Canada is creating this issue but as per the agent, all the required process has been done and Im waiting on my test invite.
Today, I applied for the GCMS notes just to find out myself what's up.
Hopefully, I receive my invite soon so I dont have to make applications for PP and PR card renewal.

atuls1317

Star Member
Jun 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 September 2013
AOR Received.
5 November 2013
Med's Request
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
05 June 2014
Here's what I received as their response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry

scorpio25

Aug 18, 2014
Hello,

Can anyone please advise on the below question:

Question 11: Tell us what you have been doing during the five (5) year:
I was working for a IT consultant/staffing company, and was paid by them. However i was physically working at their Clients place.
What should i provide in Name of Employer and Address of the place of Employment? Should i provide the client information or the staffing company who was paying me?

Thank you.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Hello,

Can anyone please advise on the below question:

Question 11: Tell us what you have been doing during the five (5) year:
I was working for a IT consultant/staffing company, and was paid by them. However i was physically working at their Clients place.
What should i provide in Name of Employer and Address of the place of Employment? Should i provide the client information or the staffing company who was paying me?

Thank you.
Staffing Company that was paying you is your employer

scorpio25

Aug 18, 2014
Staffing Company that was paying you is your employer
Ok, Thank you.
Another question: Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your five (5) year eligibility period:
In 2014 i was away for Vacation for a month and half outside Canada and in 2015 i was away for 2 months outside Canada for vacation... Do i write down the duration in 2014 when i away for Vacation and in 2015 (for 2 months) as well under question 10?
Please advise

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
Ok, Thank you.
Another question: Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your five (5) year eligibility period:
In 2014 i was away for Vacation for a month and half outside Canada and in 2015 i was away for 2 months outside Canada for vacation... Do i write down the duration in 2014 when i away for Vacation and in 2015 (for 2 months) as well under question 10?
Please advise
You have to mention address only if you were residing , working or studying outside Canada. If you were only on Vacation , you need not write that down.

Make sure there is No gap in that .

This is what the CIC says :

"
Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your five (5) year eligibility period, including the postal codes, starting with your current home address. If you were residing, working or studying outside Canada, you must list all of your foreign addresses, including the country postal/mailing codes. Press the (+) plus button if you need more space. You do not need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation. "

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

I want to tell you how glad I am for being invited to the test , the key is patience, know its hard but it will happen .
i was in process on may 30th, got FP on february 15th, and invited for test for April 16th.

My question is: what's the best material for the test , i've read the book couple times already ...
and how did you test yourself? Any MCQ online ?

Have a great day

Reactions: callbox

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Hello everyone,

I want to tell you how glad I am for being invited to the test , the key is patience, know its hard but it will happen .
i was in process on may 30th, got FP on february 15th, and invited for test for April 16th.

My question is: what's the best material for the test , i've read the book couple times already ...
and how did you test yourself? Any MCQ online ?

Have a great day
Anyone on this thanks

Canada_eh!

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi All...Firstly congrats to everyone who are moving forward with the their citizenship process

And all the best to all waiting in line.

I will be eligible to apply by the end of may for my citizenship but I had a few question and i though you guys would be the best people to answer my question

1) Is the citizenship process completely paper based and not online like the PR process?

2)Is there a guide,page or blog that gives a complete detail of the entire application process-tips(any link would be appreciated)
(like for PR application - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/)

I had referred to this and it was very helpful

3)How long is the processing time once the documents have reached the immigration office?like an estimate for the test and oat and issuing of passport ETC

Any additional comments,tips or points to remember would be appreciated

Thanks & Regards

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi All...Firstly congrats to everyone who are moving forward with the their citizenship process

And all the best to all waiting in line.

I will be eligible to apply by the end of may for my citizenship but I had a few question and i though you guys would be the best people to answer my question

1) Is the citizenship process completely paper based and not online like the PR process?

2)Is there a guide,page or blog that gives a complete detail of the entire application process-tips(any link would be appreciated)
(like for PR application - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-in-a-nutshell.394158/)

I had referred to this and it was very helpful

3)How long is the processing time once the documents have reached the immigration office?like an estimate for the test and oat and issuing of passport ETC

Any additional comments,tips or points to remember would be appreciated

Thanks & Regards
Please start a new thread next time instead of using a tracking thread.

About your questions:

1) Yes it is paper based

2) The official guide is very thorough and in fact the citizenship application is way more straightforward than the PR application process Have a look at this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
If afterwards there are questions about specific items on the form left, just come back to this forum and ask ahead

3) Average processing time for citizenship is 12 months. There isn't any other reliable information out there, just random guissing and wild speculations. Most importantly, do not see the processing as a step by step process. It is completely meaningless if, for example, you get the test invite fast. The total application might still take longer. Simply expect the whole process to take 12 months on average and be aware of what the word average means (a lot of people seem to have a lot of problems to distinguish the expression "average processing time" from "maximal processing time". If the average takes 12 months, then, naturally, some will take more than 12 monts and some less.)
After the oath, you have a passport two-ish weeks later. But the passport application has nothing to do with the citizenship application. That is a completely separate process following after (again, it is a common misconception that citizenship = passport).

aba2011

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
26-10-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not yet received
Med's Request
17/07/2012 --- Remedical Request: 12/03/2014
Med's Done....
Received by LVO on 14/08/2012
Interview........
Waived.............
Passport Req..
19-03-2014 AND Decision Made: 10-04-2014
Hello Spyfy,

You and Qorax helped me a lot with your guidance during my immigration process to Canada and I am so grateful for what you have done for me, and the others as well!

Just have a question, I applied for citizenship on Sep 2018 and Feb 28, 2019, passed my test and interview at Scarborough office and the next day got DM. I was wondering, based on your experience and observations, approximately when I can expect to get my oath taking invitation? Looking at the spread shit doesn't give me a clue since the majority of the invitation have been happening at western provinces.

Thanks a lot,

God bless you and your family....