+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Hello Spyfy,

You and Qorax helped me a lot with your guidance during my immigration process to Canada and I am so grateful for what you have done for me, and the others as well!

Just have a question, I applied for citizenship on Sep 2018 and Feb 28, 2019, passed my test and interview at Scarborough office and the next day got DM. I was wondering, based on your experience and observations, approximately when I can expect to get my oath taking invitation? Looking at the spread shit doesn't give me a clue since the majority of the invitation have been happening at western provinces.

Thanks a lot,

God bless you and your family....
lol Spreadsheet not Spread$hit

to answer your question , there is no timeline again regarding that but i think if you check the spreadsheet the average is a month 1/2

aba2011

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
26-10-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not yet received
Med's Request
17/07/2012 --- Remedical Request: 12/03/2014
Med's Done....
Received by LVO on 14/08/2012
Interview........
Waived.............
Passport Req..
19-03-2014 AND Decision Made: 10-04-2014
lol Spreadsheet not Spread$hit

to answer your question , there is no timeline again regarding that but i think if you check the spreadsheet the average is a month 1/2
That was a typo mistake, sharp eyes though ;)
Thanks for the reply...
The immigration officer, during the interview in February, told me to expect the invitation letter before the September this year, then I mentioned to him that on the CIC website it’s written 3 month after the test, and he replied: until 1 year after we received your application in our office we have time to grant the citizenship!!

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
That was a typo mistake, sharp eyes though ;)
Thanks for the reply...
The immigration officer, during the interview in February, told me to expect the invitation letter before the September this year, then I mentioned to him that on the CIC website it’s written 3 month after the test, and he replied: until 1 year after we received your application in our office we have time to grant the citizenship!!
Yes thats true,
you cant rush the process within 12 months and even within 15 months
I am myself already 13 months and im about to take my test

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Had my test.

Everything went good. I was thinking there would be a lot of people, but there was only a handful.

The interview official looked over my documents couple of times. Would say, "everything looks good", but then again going over the documents, and making sure it was in order. Whole interview took around 15 mins.

He just saw all my ids, driving license, pr card, health card, passport and the Ielts original.

Also told me it wi take few months to get my oath. Because before sending oath, there is 1 more final check......! Then we will get the letter in mail.

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Had my test.

Everything went good. I was thinking there would be a lot of people, but there was only a handful.

The interview official looked over my documents couple of times. Would say, "everything looks good", but then again going over the documents, and making sure it was in order. Whole interview took around 15 mins.

He just saw all my ids, driving license, pr card, health card, passport and the Ielts original.

Also told me it wi take few months to get my oath. Because before sending oath, there is 1 more final check......! Then we will get the letter in mail.
Thanks for the details .

I don’t have an health card , do you think it could be an issue?

What’s the last final step before oath ?

Good day

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Thanks for the details .

I don’t have an health card , do you think it could be an issue?

What’s the last final step before oath ?

Good day
You dont need a health card. Just have passport, PR card, Driving license, or other government issued ID...they just want verify you are who you say you are.

Unless they state, there is no other step before oath.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
How long does it take to get Decision Made on ECAS after test and interview ?

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Hello iamroth

There’s a tab on the spreadsheet that shows average Time by location and by month so you can make An idea out of it .

But from memories , I think the overall average is 30 days but not sure

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Had my test.

Best of luck for your fast invitation for oath. A question- From the spreadsheet I have seen many people getting oath invitation in one or two weeks after the test. So how can there be one more check and a few months of wait again for oath?

In another thread I have seen somebody telling he is going to take Income Tax statement for the test. Is it required? We have not submitted any IT statements along-with application. We only declared that we have filed IT last four years, Right?

Thanks in advance!!!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Best of luck for your fast invitation for oath. A question- From the spreadsheet I have seen many people getting oath invitation in one or two weeks after the test. So how can there be one more check and a few months of wait again for oath?
Thanks in advance!!!
As is being said often: Every. Case. Is. Different. It's not like everyone has "one more check" after the test. It all depends on a multitude of things.

In another thread I have seen somebody telling he is going to take Income Tax statement for the test. Is it required? We have not submitted any IT statements along-with application. We only declared that we have filed IT last four years, Right?

Thanks in advance!!!
No you don't need to bring any of this. The test and oath invite include a complete list of items you have to bring.

Reactions: yezdi_in

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
for me was 1 day, but I could see others after 6 days.

Reactions: iamroth

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Someone turned off the heading row on the spreadsheet for April.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Thanks @spyfy :) That makes sense !

As is being said often: Every. Case. Is. Different. It's not like everyone has "one more check" after the test. It all depends on a multitude of things.

No you don't need to bring any of this. The test and oath invite include a complete list of items you have to bring.