+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

ledlamp

Dec 23, 2015
Hi! Asking on behalf of my family member: This is how their ecas looks.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 5, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 23, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 7, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on June 7, 2018.
Why do they have 2 AOR’s with two different dates? Is that common?
Looks strange at first, but I think it's just a mistake (#3) made by operator/case worker who has no permission to change anything in the system after records created.

Reactions: OakvilleON123

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Hi! Asking on behalf of my family member: This is how their ecas looks.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 5, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 23, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 7, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on June 7, 2018.
Why do they have 2 AOR’s with two different dates? Is that common?
Looks like its just typing error from there end. Actually they want to update IP on June 07, 2018. No need to worry.

Reactions: OakvilleON123

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I have a question the I am waiting for my oath then I need to go back to my country for 2 to 3 months what should I do, wait for the oath or inform them which do you think guys is the best. The officer said after my test that the oath will take 2 to 3 months after the test.
Wait for the Oath . If you cant attend you can always let them know that you can't attend as you can show them your travel tickets. I won't suggest to let them know in advance as they might put your file in back and then don't know how long it may take.

They say 2-3 months but sometime its actually less time then that.

Reactions: richregina

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
My test is on October 31. I got the email for test invite and ecas says that official invitation has been mailed on Oct 3. I still haven’t got anything in the mail.

Any suggestions what should I do?
Don't wait for it . Start preparing for your test. If you get mail before your test its fine, If you don't then just print the attachment that is attached to your email . It works & go as per you are scheduled for test.

richregina

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Wait for the Oath . If you cant attend you can always let them know that you can't attend as you can show them your travel tickets. I won't suggest to let them know in advance as they might put your file in back and then don't know how long it may take.

They say 2-3 months but sometime its actually less time then that.
Yes they said that but it sometimes it takes earlier or longer though

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Guys any idea, How Long it takes to get oath letter in Calgary after DM. I really need to travel by January. Otherwise I am consedering to renew my PR.

ece24544

May 14, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
02-09-2013
Med's Request
13-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
[img]http://www.netanimations.net/Moving-picture-Canada-flag-waving-in-wind-animated-gif-1.gif[/img]
Please update my info in spreadsheet.

DM: October 21, 2018

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi, i passed the test on sept 18 and got DM next day. When interviewed I asked the officer when should I expect the oath. He said 2/3 month. I also know someone who got DM in mid June and got the citizenship at the end of august. So, 2.5 since DM in calgary's office.
Guys any idea, How Long it takes to get oath letter in Calgary after DM. I really need to travel by January. Otherwise I am consedering to renew my

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Guys any idea, How Long it takes to get oath letter in Calgary after DM. I really need to travel by January. Otherwise I am consedering to renew my PR.
This march 2018 I also renew myPR... it took more than 100 days to get it mailed. Now, on Cic processing times shows 109 days. But at the time I applied back in march showed 67 days. Renewing your PR can take longer than waiting for the oath in calgary. I more tend to trust that timing I was given when interviewed.