+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

airhiedu

Jun 13, 2014
You are informed of your score immediately after your test during your one-on-one interview.

Hi guys,

Please update our timelines.
Test invite letter: September 24
Test date: October 16
Test location: Montreal

Does anybody know when we can see the result? If the test is failed, can we pass it again? Does it cost something to pass it again?

Thank you

airhiedu

Jun 13, 2014
If you fail the test, you will be told that another date will be communicated to you for a re-test. If you fail that second test, then you will be rescheduled to meet with a citizenship judge who would conduct an oral test for you.

harsha5085

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14 2014
Nomination.....
April 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 14 2015
File Transfer...
Schedule 4 request - 08/27/2015/Schedule A request- 09/17/2015
Med's Done....
09/08/2015

harsha5085

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14 2014
Nomination.....
April 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 14 2015
File Transfer...
Schedule 4 request - 08/27/2015/Schedule A request- 09/17/2015
Med's Done....
09/08/2015
Can someone please share citizenship info spreadsheet: we applied from Edmonton, Alberta , can please our timeline get added in spreadsheet as well, thank u.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 20, 2018.
Nothing received after that yet!
I Didnt get any update from July 5th

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
I’ve probably asked this question before but how long did it take from passing the test to decision made? My husband passed his test on Thursday and still says in process.. any advice? And if it is a background check what exactly do they check?

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I’ve probably asked this question before but how long did it take from passing the test to decision made? My husband passed his test on Thursday and still says in process.. any advice? And if it is a background check what exactly do they check?
It totally depends on case processing office. Some are fast some are slow. But ideally it may take between month to two months but again it totally depends on office and Im not sure about background check but they definately look for criminal history & stuff.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
If you fail the test, you will be told that another date will be communicated to you for a re-test. If you fail that second test, then you will be rescheduled to meet with a citizenship judge who would conduct an oral test for you.
Lol @ judge would conduct an oral test for you

Reactions: CalgarySpring

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
It totally depends on case processing office. Some are fast some are slow. But ideally it may take between month to two months but again it totally depends on office and Im not sure about background check but they definately look for criminal history & stuff.
But they’ve already asked for fingerprints and he did it. What’s the difference? Do you know?

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi everyone ... my application is "in process" since June 2018. It's been 4 months now and no test invite. Please suggest what should i do ? .. web form will help ? By the way Mississauga applicant...thanks :)

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
But they’ve already asked for fingerprints and he did it. What’s the difference? Do you know?
Background check is done by processing application where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.
Background check is verification of your name, date of birth and country you claim to be from. If its application for citizenship background check is first thing they do about addresses, places of work and verification with info of the database in CRA and Service Canada and basic residency calculation.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.

In short,

Criminality and Security together are background checks. Criminality check is performed by RCMP, and Security by CSIS. Eligibility just means checking whether you're qualified to become a citizen (tax filings, physical presence, language proof etc.)

Reactions: CalgarySpring

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Background check is done by processing application where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.
Background check is verification of your name, date of birth and country you claim to be from. If its application for citizenship background check is first thing they do about addresses, places of work and verification with info of the database in CRA and Service Canada and basic residency calculation.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.

In short,

Criminality and Security together are background checks. Criminality check is performed by RCMP, and Security by CSIS. Eligibility just means checking whether you're qualified to become a citizen (tax filings, physical presence, language proof etc.)

Oh wow thank you so much!

Correct me if I am wrong, the last part, they check criminal records from back home (other countries) ?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi everyone ... my application is "in process" since June 2018. It's been 4 months now and no test invite. Please suggest what should i do ? .. web form will help ? By the way Mississauga applicant...thanks :)
Too early to do anything. Do what you feel is right.

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Mississauga office is one of the slowest offices to send the test invite. Unless you receive QA or fingerprint, I believe it would be fair to assume you won't be receiving anything from them for the next two months.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hamilton office, In process since June..No news after that. So this is how its going ;)