27-9-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014
Hello

Can someone help me with this question and suggest me how I should proceed.
I recently moved from Windsor to Toronto, my company moved me and I am renting a place here. I still have address of my brother's place in Windsor (PS I want to keep this address on my license not to get hit by high rate of insurance in GTA). Can you please confirm if this may impact or create any issue when I will apply citizenship. My tax returns for last two years had Windsor address and 2017 has Toronto address.

Thanks

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
I sent off my application form last Thursday 15th March - by courier however I have not had an acknowledgement yet - is that normal?
Thanks

Sorry
Application Sent March 15th
Single Application
Eligible days 1383
From Toronto

Thanks

Last edited:

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014
Hi
I don't have received date.my husband send my application by Canada post .so I don't have idea when it's received.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello

Can someone help me with this question and suggest me how I should proceed.
I recently moved from Windsor to Toronto, my company moved me and I am renting a place here. I still have address of my brother's place in Windsor (PS I want to keep this address on my license not to get hit by high rate of insurance in GTA). Can you please confirm if this may impact or create any issue when I will apply citizenship. My tax returns for last two years had Windsor address and 2017 has Toronto address.

Thanks
If you're using your Toronto address as your contact info for the application, I don't see any issue.

Chi2Van

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
I sent off my application form last Thursday 15th March - by courier however I have not had an acknowledgement yet - is that normal?
Thanks

Sorry
Application Sent March 15th
Single Application
Eligible days 1383
From Toronto

Thanks
The AOR from CIC takes weeks; you should be able to check the tracking number from the courier to verify that the application did arrive.

PIBHE

Mar 2, 2018
Mississauga
Please add me to the list as well:

Application sent on March 19th, 2018.
User Name - PIBHE
App Date - March 19, 2018
Type - Single
Eligible days - 1097

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
We sent the application on March 8. Application package received by D. Macdonald on March 15th.
User Name - maxmtl
App Date - March 1st
Type - Single
Eligible days - 1251

Application sent on March 19th, 2018.
User Name - PIBHE
App Date - March 19, 2018
Type - Single
Eligible days - 1097
Added Good luck

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
Hi, please add me to the Spreadsheet. I sent out my application on Mar 07 and it arrived at Sydney Case Processing Centre on Mar 12. I'm applying from BC, and I have physically stayed in Canada for 1227 days. My name is Brown. Thank you!

jebok79

Feb 9, 2013
Hi there guy's i am about to send my finger print result for the citizenship application and there is a mistake on my address and it's on the postal code 1 digit only, the person assist me on the police station make a mistake entering my postal code but i recieve it anyway's by the mail....

my main question is can i submit it? knowing all of my info there in the application are all on the right postal code based on my identification i provided?

pls help me out on this one... pls reply for suggestions and the best thing to do....thanks in advance

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
I have sent the application today. Please add me to the list:

User Name - yezdi_in
App Date - March 19th
Type - Family (3)
Eligible days - 1307/1345/1368

Thanks !!!

PIBHE

Mar 2, 2018
Mississauga
Guys, I’m curious, do we need to send the police certificate with fingerprints, if for the last 5 years I have not been outside Canada for more than 183 days? Interesting thing, I have 3 friends who applied in November, no one from them sent the fingerprints, however, I’ve been at Mississauga police at square one, and was said to send the fingerprints together with the package. Please advice, cause in the checklist the police certificate is an optional.... thanks!

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Guys, I’m curious, do we need to send the police certificate with fingerprints, if for the last 5 years I have not been outside Canada for more than 183 days? Interesting thing, I have 3 friends who applied in November, no one from them sent the fingerprints, however, I’ve been at Mississauga police at square one, and was said to send the fingerprints together with the package. Please advice, cause in the checklist the police certificate is an optional.... thanks!
There are two things that seem to be getting mixed up in your question.

1- When you apply for citizenship you have to include a police certificate from any country other than Canada if you spent 183 days or more there over the four years preceding the day you apply. The police certificate is not optional if you have been in one country for a total of 183 days or more. Fingerprints only come into this if the country in question requires fingerprints in order to provide a police certificate. Few do.

2- Completely unrelated to the police certificates from countries other than Canada: after you have applied for citizenship, IRCC may send you a letter asking you to have your fingerprints taken to check that you have not been charged with or convicted of an indictable offence in Canada. If you do not receive the letter you cannot (and should not) do this.

PIBHE

Mar 2, 2018
Mississauga
There are two things that seem to be getting mixed up in your question.

1- When you apply for citizenship you have to include a police certificate from any country other than Canada if you spent 183 days or more there over the four years preceding the day you apply. The police certificate is not optional if you have been in one country for a total of 183 days or more. Fingerprints only come into this if the country in question requires fingerprints in order to provide a police certificate. Few do.

2- Completely unrelated to the police certificates from countries other than Canada: after you have applied for citizenship, IRCC may send you a letter asking you to have your fingerprints taken to check that you have not been charged with or convicted of an indictable offence in Canada. If you do not receive the letter you cannot (and should not) do this.
Thanks buddy, so from what I understood, pls correct me if I’m wrong, if the applicant has not been outside of Canada for more than 183 days, then no need in the police certificate which includes the fingerprints? Otherwise the IRCC will request that additionally during the process? Thanks

PIBHE

Mar 2, 2018
Mississauga
Thanks buddy, so from what I understood, pls correct me if I’m wrong, if the applicant has not been outside of Canada for more than 183 days, then no need in the police certificate which includes the fingerprints? Otherwise the IRCC will request that additionally during the process? Thanks
So looks like the official answer is at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4

So if the applicant was not outside of Canada for more than 183 days, then no need in police certificates and fingerprints in advance, otherwise you will be asked to do that during the process.