+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

Malak_7

Mar 5, 2018
Ottawa
I'm getting the same message, AOR March 23rd. Since calling them will take forever I decided to use the CIC forum to ask the reason. like you I more than triple checked that my info is correct lol
I just discovered that they got my last name wrong, missing the second letter, in the AOR PDF. which is the reason i wasn't able to log in to ECAS :confused:

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
RPRF encashed on 11 April 2012
Passport Req..
15 Feb and delivered on 9 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
I just discovered that they got my last name wrong, missing the second letter, in the AOR PDF. which is the reason i wasn't able to log in to ECAS :confused:
Even they do typos. nothing wrong in me doing typo in my application:p

Walera

Mar 9, 2018
Application Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1355
App Sent: March 05, 2018
App Received: March 08, 2018
AOR: March 28,2018

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Application Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence Days: 1355
App Sent: March 05, 2018
App Received: March 08, 2018
AOR: March 28,2018
Updated. Congrats

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
I need help
I contacted CIC and spoke to an agent as I can't log on to ECAS - this fourm suggested some information was incorrectly entered - The agent checked all the information and told me to complete a form under technical difficulties explaining the problem and screen shots along with the detail page of my passport.
I have done this and a day later I got an e-mail asking me to do it again - so I did! I then keep getting the same e-mail to complete the form - I complete the form attache the screen shots and my passport and 2 days later I get a email to complete the form!
So nothing is getting done, and I still can't log on to ECAS! is it going to be an issue not being able to log on? As I don't think they are ever going to sort this out for me
Thanks for any help or advice - also is anyone else having issues? My name is all spelt correctly on the AOR and I double-checked all my DOB information with the agent when I called CIC!

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
So... like I said earlier about my typo, I sent a webform and attached corrected page of application and i received an email today. That was way faster than expected and the message is as follows

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

· Scan.pdf.

We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Yueshan, Agent 4260
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
I have had a few of these e-mails but they don't seem to be able to solve my problem - i will be keen to see how you get on

ROBBEN

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Sept 2015
Doc's Request.
sent along with app
AOR Received.
Nov 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 2015
Med's Request
03 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
10th Aug 2016
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello Everyone,
I have been eligible to apply for citizenship for more than a year now... Please can you help me clear some questions.

I took a Diploma Course through a private college in Vancouver back in 2013. I do not have a Valid IELTS Genreal Category certificate right now. Do I need to take an exam?

2. Regarding application Form. Question# 11 5th Column, "Where were you physically Located?" Do I need to mention my residential address at that time OR Do I need to mention the Employers address?

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have been eligible to apply for citizenship for more than a year now... Please can you help me clear some questions.

I took a Diploma Course through a private college in Vancouver back in 2013. I do not have a Valid IELTS Genreal Category certificate right now. Do I need to take an exam?

2. Regarding application Form. Question# 11 5th Column, "Where were you physically Located?" Do I need to mention my residential address at that time OR Do I need to mention the Employers address?
My 2 cents:

For question 1: I would think if it was a secondary or post secondary (being a college I would assume it is at least secondary) full diploma, then you don't need to take the test (if it was just a course with no diploma awarded, you probably do) . From https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3
  • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
For question 2: the employer's address. That's what I did and what makes sense to me, since your address is already provided in question 10

Hope it helps!

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
Application received: 26th March
AOR: 4th April
In Process: 13th April
Saskatoon office
No Test invite yet

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Good day! I am going to apply for my Citizenship soon. I landed as an immigrant and had an IELTS before. Can I still use the same IELTS eventhough it is expired already or should I need to take another IELTS as proof of english lamguage proficiency. Thanks!

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Reactions: Conaider

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Hello

Question 13 asks us if we had or have any immigration or citizenship status in any country. I've had visit visas for Dubai and USA in the past and currently have a valid visit visa for USA. Does visit visa that also count towards immigration. Do i need to mention this visa in question 13. Please if anyone can answer this. Thanks

chefprashi

Mar 17, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 sep 2011
AOR Received.
dec 15
IELTS Request
sent
Med's Request
15 Feb2012
Med's Done....
29 Feb
Interview........
RPRF encashed on 11 April 2012
Passport Req..
15 Feb and delivered on 9 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM ON 27th Aug. 2012
I need help
I contacted CIC and spoke to an agent as I can't log on to ECAS - this fourm suggested some information was incorrectly entered - The agent checked all the information and told me to complete a form under technical difficulties explaining the problem and screen shots along with the detail page of my passport.
I have done this and a day later I got an e-mail asking me to do it again - so I did! I then keep getting the same e-mail to complete the form - I complete the form attache the screen shots and my passport and 2 days later I get a email to complete the form!
So nothing is getting done, and I still can't log on to ECAS! is it going to be an issue not being able to log on? As I don't think they are ever going to sort this out for me
Thanks for any help or advice - also is anyone else having issues? My name is all spelt correctly on the AOR and I double-checked all my DOB information with the agent when I called CIC!
The e cas is only for curious people to check whats gng on with the application. As long as you filled application right and you are eligible you will get test invite. So dont worry. Canada needs citizens as much as you need citizenship.

philjharvey

Aug 31, 2011
The e cas is only for curious people to check whats gng on with the application. As long as you filled application right and you are eligible you will get test invite. So dont worry. Canada needs citizens as much as you need citizenship.
Thank you, thats great I won't worry then as I am not worried about when the test comes through - I was more worried that I need to be able to log on to check
I am sure they do need people especially when my husband and I pay over $120,000 a year in income tax!
Thank you so much for your help

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hello

Question 13 asks us if we had or have any immigration or citizenship status in any country. I've had visit visas for Dubai and USA in the past and currently have a valid visit visa for USA. Does visit visa that also count towards immigration. Do i need to mention this visa in question 13. Please if anyone can answer this. Thanks
Visiting visas cannot be used for immigration and hence you only need to mention residency status in other countries