+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
It's frustrating to have this timeline :'(

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 17, 2018.

Imagine, I helped a friend applied for citizenship. We're from the same city. She already took the test last Nov 6.

Anybody here wrote a letter to the Immigration about expediting their application? I wanna travel in March but it's not an emergency as we are just going for a Holiday. But I'm worried that they'll schedule my test during the times that I am not here.
Hi. I understand your frustration. We are almost the same. Line 1 is march 9. Line 2 is April 3 and Line 3 is June 5. Until now no test invite. I am from newfoundland. I too has plans of travelling next year to be with my partner, but I think we cannot do anything but wait.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hi. I understand your frustration. We are almost the same. Line 1 is march 9. Line 2 is April 3 and Line 3 is June 5. Until now no test invite. I am from newfoundland. I too has plans of travelling next year to be with my partner, but I think we cannot do anything but wait.
Guys I think they also provide you an option if you can't take a test on the set date. There is always an option to change the test date. The other thing that you can do is to call them and provide them with your travel plans so that they won't set test dates during your travel period. Someone of this forum has done it so we know it works.

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Guys I think they also provide you an option if you can't take a test on the set date. There is always an option to change the test date. The other thing that you can do is to call them and provide them with your travel plans so that they won't set test dates during your travel period. Someone of this forum has done it so we know it works.
Yes you can request to reset the date of your test if you cannot make it with your original schedule. But that is one thing that I don't want to do since here in newfoundland its like they conduct the test only 2x a year. So, I was hoping to get my citizenship done before I go on travelling.

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
When was last time anyone had invitation in Calgary ? can we contact someone maybe ?
I remember seeing 2 families of 4 getting invitations last Friday, but of course not everyone has an user on this forum. As I can see the invitations are sent on fridays. I'm gonna wait by next week and try to give them a call again.

Reactions: Mtl2018

bal02

May 29, 2018
Please update my situation
Test Invitation letter receive October 23
Test date November 13
Decision Made November 15

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
I am also in the same situation. Application received on March 20. IP from May 02. No test invite yet. From London office. My family has to travel out of country from Dec end to Jan mid.

harsha5085

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14 2014
Nomination.....
April 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 14 2015
File Transfer...
Schedule 4 request - 08/27/2015/Schedule A request- 09/17/2015
Med's Done....
09/08/2015
I am also in the same situation. Application received on March 20. IP from May 02. No test invite yet. From London office. My family has to travel out of country from Dec end to Jan mid.
you can always re-schedule the test if you wish. I say carry on with your travel plans

Reactions: yezdi_in

Delight2

Aug 25, 2018
Hi all, please how do they send the oath letter, do you receive it in your e-mail box or by mail through Canada post?

Thanks all

jaski

Star Member
May 7, 2012
I remember seeing 2 families of 4 getting invitations last Friday, but of course not everyone has an user on this forum. As I can see the invitations are sent on fridays. I'm gonna wait by next week and try to give them a call again.
They have posted ceremonies til end of January and still no invitation. This really makes no sense to me

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
They have posted ceremonies til end of January and still no invitation. This really makes no sense to me
Yeah, they up dated it yesterday and I just phoned them and the guy said that there is no correspondence with me (regarding the oath) ongoing and I only have to wait... amazing! Such a good news! I didn't miss any correspondence...:p