+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March - 2018 Citizenship Applicants

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Its been one mont for DM today !!!!

Still waiting for oath - Calgary wait time for oath is crazy !!!!
For me it's been 2 month this Friday... it's not fare I'd say! I was planing a trip for this winter break ... but I can't do any movements...:confused:

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
Hi, curious what the next steps after Fingerprint Request is?

How long does it take to get Test Invite on average?

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hi, curious what the next steps after Fingerprint Request is?

How long does it take to get Test Invite on average?
@jsingh89
I submitted my FP around Aug 05 still nothing. But there are other applicants who have completed their test and got Oath invitations. So, it depends upon individual case.

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Wrote the test Today. Did silly mistake. and got 19 out of 20.
It doesn't matter. The most important thing is that you passed! Congratulations! I read the book once and then I start doing the tests online but I can say that if the exam would have been as "hard" as the online tests were, I would probably failed! o_O

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Wrote the test Today. Did silly mistake. and got 19 out of 20.
Ah, and I remember with amusement, was a question about what symbol is on Canada's coat of arms! 1. Poppy flowers 2. Maple leafs 3. The beaver... and one more. I tended to answer "poppy flower ", then I just realized that in the front of the room we were doing our test was a huge canada's coat of arms made by bronze ...full of maple leaves. Checked!

Outdoor

Aug 12, 2018
Its been one mont for DM today !!!!

Still waiting for oath - Calgary wait time for oath is crazy !!!!
Hmm...today is exactly 2 months and couple days from DM and still not invite for the Oath. As far as I can see people are aying that DM is a good sign and people get oath invitation soon after, however 2 months have passed and nothing.
Btw Toronto

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
It's frustrating to have this timeline :'(

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 17, 2018.

Imagine, I helped a friend applied for citizenship. We're from the same city. She already took the test last Nov 6.

Anybody here wrote a letter to the Immigration about expediting their application? I wanna travel in March but it's not an emergency as we are just going for a Holiday. But I'm worried that they'll schedule my test during the times that I am not here.

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
It's frustrating to have this timeline :'(

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 29, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 17, 2018.

Imagine, I helped a friend applied for citizenship. We're from the same city. She already took the test last Nov 6.

Anybody here wrote a letter to the Immigration about expediting their application? I wanna travel in March but it's not an emergency as we are just going for a Holiday. But I'm worried that they'll schedule my test during the times that I am not here.
Have you ever tried to call them or make a web inquiry? I've heard about someone (I do not know the aplicant personally) that had a family member with bad health issues back home, so they provided a translated medical note and submitted to local emigration office and they got the oath sooner (few days after the Exam). I do not know the person, it's just a rumor but might be true.

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hmm...today is exactly 2 months and couple days from DM and still not invite for the Oath. As far as I can see people are aying that DM is a good sign and people get oath invitation soon after, however 2 months have passed and nothing.
Btw Toronto
My situation is the same here in calgary. I'll have 2 month in a couple of days since DM.

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
I'm just afraid not to get the oath invitation on email. I came across with a topic from Montreal December 2017 when a whole bunch of people didn't get their oath invitations emails because of a system error.

CalgarySpring

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
I am from Regina and i have already passed the citizenship test. I got a letter saying i should go to US website for all my record of US visits, print it and mail it.
I have already printed the document.
I was wandering if i could personally submit this document to citizenship Saskatoon office(i am already visiting Saskatoon) or do i have to only mail??
Maybe you should just call them and ask them.

ATAMIN

Aug 30, 2018
Hi,
I would like to know if there's anyone in this forum which has the same situation:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 5, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 26, 2018.
Until now I didn't receive any invitation regarding the test. I can see from other comments that others have already passed through the test step. Anyone here with the same issue as mine?
Yes, My file processing started on June 18, 2018 and nothing received after that. I am in Kitchener