+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Are you sure Validity Date is not 05/07/2018? It's usually one year.

My medical expired on Aril 20. It became you do not need a medical exam in early June and got extended yesterday. I'm an inland CEC applicant.
Hi my Aor is 27th July 2018 in that case my medical expiry is on 06-07-2019

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Just to update. I got my Application/Profile updated yesterday.
When I opened, it said July 03, 2019 You have passed medical. (Means my medical have been extended)
My AOR is March 25th 2018

Does any one know how much will it take now to get the passport request. I called CIC agent today and he told me that everything is complete and passed. They are going to make decision shortly.

Does this mean I will get my approval soon??
So if it expires and you get the message 'you do not need a medical exam' that then means they wont extend it but rather ask us redo?

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
So if it expires and you get the message 'you do not need a medical exam' that then means they wont extend it but rather ask us redo?
Hi, I just want to answer your question from my experience.... After it expires the status become: You do not need a medical exam...

It stays like for few days until an officer or agent decides to either send you a request to do a new exam, or extend your current one. It all depends.

If they ask you for a new one, you will get the request in your account, and after you do the new medical exam, they will update your profile in few days or weeks and the status will be "You passed the medical exam"

If they decide to extend it, you will get a ghost update, and when you login you will see the status changed to: "You passed the medical exam".

Good luck to all..

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hi, I just want to answer your question from my experience.... After it expires the status become: You do not need a medical exam...

It stays like for few days until an officer or agent decides to either send you a request to do a new exam, or extend your current one. It all depends.

If they ask you for a new one, you will get the request in your account, and after you do the new medical exam, they will update your profile in few days or weeks and the status will be "You passed the medical exam"

If they decide to extend it, you will get a ghost update, and when you login you will see the status changed to: "You passed the medical exam".

Good luck to all..
Just to clarify one point....It wont be much of a ghost update if the medical status changes to "You have passed the Medical Exams" correct? It would be a regular update since there is a visible change to the profile. Correct me if I am wrong but a ghost update is when your online profile shows that it has been updated but there is no visible change to your application and everything seems how it was previously.

Reactions: Aadien0718

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
It depends totally on them for whom they extend and for whom they ask to redo.
My portal changed to "You do not require medical" on March 25th. That is after my medical expired on March 22nd.

And on July 3rd it changed to "July 3, 2019, You have passed the medical exam"
So I called CIC Agent and he told me that my medical has been extended and everything else has been completed.
I hope this answers your question.

Thank You..!!!!

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Just to clarify one point....It wont be much of a ghost update if the medical status changes to "You have passed the Medical Exams" correct? It would be a regular update since there is a visible change to the profile. Correct me if I am wrong but a ghost update is when your online profile shows that it has been updated but there is no visible change to your application and everything seems how it was previously.
Yes, What you say is correct.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I heard medical extention only applies to inland applicant, is it true?
I am not sure about this.

But, you can always create a web form and convey your concerns or message. You can always request them to extend it.
I don't know if they will aspect your request or not.

llylulu

Mar 20, 2019
Guys I got the golden Ready for Visa email today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my timeline:
- AOR: March 26, 2018
- Medical passed two weeks after AOR.
- Eligibility went under RR because I forgot to upload my diploma. VO left the comment on my file on April 10 2018 and my points got deducted for Canadian education. Nothing was communicated to me during the time.
- Criminality passed on Aug 10 2018.
Ordered my first GCMS notes in Oct 2018 and found out about my diploma and my RR situation. (I was so angry when I found out because they never asked me for it and all the agent I spoke to over the phone told me my file was fine and nothing was missing...lies)
Uploaded the missing documents right after.
- Nothing happened for 8 months until I got a ghost update around early June saying my eligibility and security passed, only thing pending was expired medical. They told me they were waiting to see if it would be extended.
- Ghost update on Jul 4 2019 saying medical passed (extended)
- Jul 8 2019 Golden Email!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Guys I got the golden Ready for Visa email today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is my timeline:
- AOR: March 26, 2018
- Medical passed two weeks after AOR.
- Eligibility went under RR because I forgot to upload my diploma. VO left the comment on my file on April 10 2018 and my points got deducted for Canadian education. Nothing was communicated to me during the time.
- Criminality passed on Aug 10 2018.
Ordered my first GCMS notes in Oct 2018 and found out about my diploma and my RR situation. (I was so angry when I found out because they never asked me for it and all the agent I spoke to over the phone told me my file was fine and nothing was missing...lies)
Uploaded the missing documents right after.
- Nothing happened for 8 months until I got a ghost update around early June saying my eligibility and security passed, only thing pending was expired medical. They told me they were waiting to see if it would be extended.
- Ghost update on Jul 4 2019 saying medical passed (extended)
- Jul 8 2019 Golden Email!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps.
Congrats....!!

zia_29

Jun 24, 2019
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2017
Nomination.....
1-Jan-2018
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2018
Hi Guys,

I had applied (outside Canada, from Asia) under express entry program back in 2017. However, in early 2018 I was nominated under a PNP and was able to get ITA shortly after that. However, till to date I have not been called for visa/PPR.

Sharing my case for your reference, and to show how delayed cases can be!

In total, it has been 21 months, with no final resolution!

EE profile created : 28-Sep-2017

PNP application : 01-Jan-2018

PNP nomination : 07-Feb-2018

ITA received : 21-Feb-2018

Police clearance (1st) : 28-Feb-2018

EE application : 22-Mar-2018

AOR : 22-Mar-2018

MEP (1st time) : 28-Mar-2018

(Several communications and 3 GCMS notes in between with very little progress. In March 2019, the validity for PCC and medical was expired.)

Additional doc req. : 09-May-2019

Police clearance (2nd) : 09-Jun-2019

MEP (2nd time) : 26-Jun-2019

Hope this would help you to ascertain more practicable timeline.

Patience is the key here. Although I am not sure if my case would be successful or not :(

Thank you.
Hi Guyz,

After 475 days I have got the PPR today, and submitted my passport.
Wishing a successful conclusion for everyone else.

Thank you.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello Folks I got the golden email on July 09,2019 for PPR.......!!!!!

Here is my timeline:
AOR: March 25, 2018
MEP: March 28, 2018
Criminality passed on Aug 20, 2018.
Security Passed Early January 2019.
Everything completed February 12, 2019. Officer waiting for final review on my Previous Immigration history form 2001 and work experience.
Medical expired March 22, 2019
Came to know from CIC Call Agent that they have requested for extension since February 18, 2019.
Online Portal updated on 3rd July 2019 to "July 03, 2019, You have passed the medical".
Called the CIC Agent and he responded stating that Medicals have been extended for one more year. Everything else has been completed, It is time for final decision.

July 09, 2019 Golden Email early morning...!!!!!!!
I hope every one who is waiting gets their PPR soon...!!!!
This group has been very helpful and supportive in times when everything else was against you. Thank you everyone...!!
All the very best to all..!!!!

Thanking You,
Regards,
Aditya.

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014

Here is my timeline:
Everything completed February 12, 2019. Officer waiting for final review on my Previous Immigration history form 2001 and work experience.
Came to know from CIC Call Agent that they have requested for extension since February 18, 2019.
Online Portal updated on 3rd July 2019 to "July 03, 2019, You have passed the medical".
Called the CIC Agent and he responded stating that Medicals have been extended for one more year. Everything else has been completed, It is time for final decision.

This group has been very helpful and supportive in times when everything else was against you. Thank you everyone...!!

Thanking You,
Regards,
Aditya.
Great to see you on the other side. Well deserved my friend. Good luck.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018

Here is my timeline:

Thanking You,
Regards,
Aditya.
Congratulations for your patience Aditya, and by the way were you in review required for work experience or something?