+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
It looks like all the delayed March files had review required and are in CIO Sydney Nova Scotia. Many of them also went into IP2 around August/September it looks.

I think you are right..!! I received my GCMS notes and found they can not verify my work experience as Company was taken over by GE in december 2016, and they got confused about my time of work.

So I requested GE to get me LOE with duties on it, from my start date till my end date.
They Provided to me on Wednesday and Through CSE Web Form, I update the documents stating on the basis of my GCMS note I am forwarding my updated documents that might help to verify my work status.

I received email on Friday, that they have received my updated documents and have forwarded to the appropriate office working on my file.

I hope they finish this off soon and get me an PPR Request now. its been 8.5 months now.

HOPING FOR THE BEST..!!

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
@legalfalcon

Hi everyone, here's my situation:
  • Have submitted application for Express Entry (March 25th 2018, crossed 8 months)
  • Have also submitted application for Bridging Open Work Permit soon (November 6th 2018)
  • My current work PGWP and TRV both expire in December 2018
  • The current estimated processing time for work permit on CIC website is 67 days (for online applications)
I have to travel outside Canada due to emergency as my grandfather passed away.
I know the time is really tight but it's a trip I have to make. I just want to make sure that I can come back and continue working. So my questions are:

Can I re-enter Canada with my Bridging Open Work Permit and PR application in process?
Is it possible to explain this situation to immigration and get any kind of travel document, which allows me to re-enter Canada?
Also, say if I am outside of Canada and I am approved for Bridging Open Work Permit / PR application, can I re-enter Canada?
Any other suggestions?

Can someone please help? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated!

This is very urgent as I need to travel very soon in 2 days max please help..!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hi everyone, here's my situation:
  • Have submitted application for Express Entry (March 25th 2018, crossed 8 months)
  • Have also submitted application for Bridging Open Work Permit soon (November 6th 2018)
  • My current work PGWP and TRV both expire in December 2018
  • The current estimated processing time for work permit on CIC website is 67 days (for online applications)
I have to travel outside Canada due to emergency as my grandfather passed away.
I know the time is really tight but it's a trip I have to make. I just want to make sure that I can come back and continue working. So my questions are:

Can I re-enter Canada with my Bridging Open Work Permit and PR application in process?
Is it possible to explain this situation to immigration and get any kind of travel document, which allows me to re-enter Canada?
Also, say if I am outside of Canada and I am approved for Bridging Open Work Permit / PR application, can I re-enter Canada?
Any other suggestions?

Can someone please help? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated!

This is very urgent as I need to travel very soon in 2 days max please help..!!
As long as you have a valid visa to enter the country you can. Your pending application has no bearing on your re-entry. You will be allowed to re-enter based on your visa, and not on pending applications. Given that your WP is expiring and your BOWP is not yet decided, you will not be able to enter Canada on an expired WP. However, if your BOWP is approved, then you definitely can, with the documents. However, one of the conditions of BOWP is that you are currently in Canada. So you may be questioned on that, as to when you left, which will be evident from your Passport.

Any other suggestions?
No. The intent of the BOWP is to help a person who is currently in Canada, stay in Canada.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
As long as you have a valid visa to enter the country you can. Your pending application has no bearing on your re-entry. You will be allowed to re-enter based on your visa, and not on pending applications. Given that your WP is expiring and your BOWP is not yet decided, you will not be able to enter Canada on an expired WP. However, if your BOWP is approved, then you definitely can, with the documents. However, one of the conditions of BOWP is that you are currently in Canada. So you may be questioned on that, as to when you left, which will be evident from your Passport.

Any other suggestions?
No. The intent of the BOWP is to help a person who is currently in Canada, stay in Canada.
Thank you fro the response.

So if I provide them the situation why I had to leave the country and give them proof of the my grandfathers death, will that be considered?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you fro the response.

So if I provide them the situation why I had to leave the country and give them proof of the my grandfathers death, will that be considered?
No, on the date when you re-enter Canada, you have to have a valid visa. So if you get your BoWP approved, then you can definitely leave. If you get the approval when you are outside Canada, if you can get the documents, you can re-enter.

Jibike

Oct 16, 2015
Hello everyone, I am just curious, is there any overall timeline that IRCC works with on an application? Seems the 6 month statement is just an average timeline. I believe they don't have application running open endedly. Any thoughts please?

abanil

Jan 29, 2018
Hi everyone, I am in a weird situation right now. My AOR date is March 2nd and I had applied with the help of a representative. My represent had filled in his email id and contact details in my application form which means any communication IRCC makes goes to him. Unfortunately he has not been very helpful to me lately and does not update anything to me. My calls and texts go unanswered and it's come to a point where he is an obstacle to me rather than helpful. I registered myself on CIC website and tried to link my application but at the final step it says that though it did find an application matching my search since there is a representative attached to it the only way I can see it is to remove the representative by submitting a form and then have it linked to my account. My concern is that if I do this can I modify the contact details within my application so that any further communication from IRCC would come to me instraiof this person? Please let me know. Thank you.

evanzh87

Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-02-2018
Hello everyone, I am just curious, is there any overall timeline that IRCC works with on an application? Seems the 6 month statement is just an average timeline. I believe they don't have application running open endedly. Any thoughts please?
You are right about the 6-months average time;) The overall time highly depends on the case itself.

Reactions: Jibike

Zipak

Oct 12, 2018
Hi people,
It seems my application is going forward as i got a ghost update last night.
My AOR is 05th March and my eligibility is in "Review required" since April. Crimininality was done in August.

I am so jaded right now that even getting a ghost update is ok for me, at least it means that someone is looking into it.
Hope for the best anyway

Last edited:

JJ April Aor

Nov 11, 2018
Hi people,
It seems my application is going forward as i got a ghost update last night.
My AOR is 05th March and my eligibility is in "Review required" since April. Crimininality was done in August.

I am so jaded right now that even getting a ghost update is ok for me, at least it means that someone is looking into it.
Hope for the best anyway
Congrats in advance
I think you will get it by next week.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi all! my AOR is 14th March. processing is stuck at backgrounds check. its almost 9 months. i am starting to worry now. is it normal take that long??
My AOR is March 25th.
I am also stuck in Background check and my Eligibility is "Review Required".
I am in worst scenario as I want to exit country, but can not as my work permit has expired and Bridging work permit is still in process. :( :(