+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Believe me, Sailing in the same boat.. don’t know which way to go ..
All I was able to do was resubmit the LOE that they can not find in my file. Due to which they were not able to verify my work experience.
Now its time for me to wait again. Luckily I reached agent yesterday and they said everything is OK on there side, Eligibility is under review, rest all seems OK.

He also said they can not verify my work experience that might be causing some delays. Wait period continues and frustrations rises.

If they could have requested , I would have done it long back. now my experience has raised to 3 years, don't know what are they doing and what will they do. :( :(

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
253 days and counting since I submitted my application...(FSW-Inland)
My case is in Sydney Nova Scotia and no updates since April 11th, 2018. Current status is Review required and background check is in progress since then.
Requested GCMS notes 2 times, sent supporting documents according to officer's notes, several CSE raised, called a million times but everything looks the same, no movement in my file whatsoever.
Patience and hope that my case will be resolved by EOY.
I think mine is also at Sydney Nova Scotia. Today I received an answer to one of the CSE that I sent:
Application is awaiting the review of an officer.
That’s it. I don’t know if this is good or bad.

Feb

Jun 30, 2016
I am more and more sad and frustrated by this situation. Here below is the mail I received from CPC Ottawa as a reply to the mail I sent to them after crossing the six months.

"Good day,
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,"

As a conclusion, my file has been in the queue and untouched for six months, which later applications jump the queue to the treated.
I am in the same situation I sent them an email after 6 months and that is exactly was their reply.

My AOR may 9th, 2018
Did you get any updates?!

renu.ca2018

Aug 14, 2018
Are you Inland ?
What is your visa office?
Did you order GCMS notes?
Did you call IRCC?
inland applicant with dependent .
not yet ordered gcms notes and so I'm not sure about VO.
called cic several times.last time agent told to wait till December .Planning to call them by next week.

Godschild

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hey @chris I guess you are also March 2nd AOR,correct? Did you receive any remedical request recently?
I am March 2nd and got a remedical request today.

Walesby

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hey @chris I guess you are also March 2nd AOR,correct? Did you receive any remedical request recently?
I am March 2nd and got a remedical request today.
@Chris78 I think he has received PPR going by the info on immitracker. but am surprised he hasn't updated us in ths forum. @Godschild when is it medical due to expire before the new request and what was the reason for the long delay

aelbuni

Mar 26, 2018
Waiting since March 30th, CEC inland.

But with all honesty, mentally I started to prepare myself for another year of waiting until I pass IP2.

Mainly because I am a special creature. I belong to one of these countries (Yemen, Sudan, Iran, or Libya), and if you are like me then most probably your Background Check will pause indefinitely, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Equality at its best.

Reactions: MarsiaMS

Robert1991

Sep 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

I received this email after emailing Mr. Ahmed.

Could you guys help me out if you think this is security screening? or just security which is part of background check?

How long do you guys think it might take from this moment on?

Look forward to any suggestions, opinions or info. Thanks.

Dear Robert

Thank you for your correspondence of November 20, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for Canadian permanent residence. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Please be assured that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes every effort to deal with the applications they receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department would like.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which the Department has no control.

IRCC records indicate that your application for permanent residence is being actively processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. Security verifications are currently in queue for review by one of IRCC partner agencies.

While I cannot provide a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information or documentation be required, or once a final decision has been made.

Thank you for expressing your concerns. I hope that this information is of assistance.

Flintface

Oct 15, 2018
It looks like all the delayed March files had review required and are in CIO Sydney Nova Scotia. Many of them also went into IP2 around August/September it looks.

Reactions: Aadien0718