+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Btw, they used have a quota before Express Entry. They should deffinitely set this rule again. Now they can't even handle all the applications. Either they need to hire stuff or limit the applications per year. Otherwise, this will be an ongoing problem for the next years.

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Did you give them a call? Are you working with a lawyer? working with a lawyer can be a trigger. some one don't even bother him/her self to review your file. that's not professional.
I have called several times, including yesterday. All what they tell me is that they cannot do anything since all is ok with the file, and Ottawa is aware that the 6 months have been crossed. Unfortunately I am not working with any lawyer. Finally, I don't know if there are any other option to make things advance or not!!!

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

AOR March 19, was and still on IP1 since March 28 (Meds Pass)...I got a so called "Ghost Update" on September 21st.

Don't want to get too excited about it but at the same time can't help trying to understand what's going on.

Anyone care to speculate? Thanks
I am Similar timeline March 25th
MEP passed 28th March. Since then no update got ghost update on 14th August, after that still no updates.
I tried calling them and they say my Background is in process. That's all they tell me every time I call.

Its frustrating and ridiculous. Cant do anything just waiting.

Arod

May 15, 2017
..I think we can conclude that those Mar AOR that havent received decision are among the 20%....Now the question is how long this category of applications will be concluded? Some one who know the guy named IRCC should ask on my behalf...
Based on Immitracker the PPR percentage for March is 75%, which means they are failing to reach the 80% they promised.

I know these are not official numbers, but on prior months the tool has shown at least 80% completion by the time the month ends, so there is clearly a delay for March applications.

Reactions: Aadien0718

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
I have called several times, including yesterday. All what they tell me is that they cannot do anything since all is ok with the file, and Ottawa is aware that the 6 months have been crossed. Unfortunately I am not working with any lawyer. Finally, I don't know if there are any other option to make things advance or not!!!
Well it looks you have done and keep doing everything possible to advance your case. I guess it is up to some lazy officer to decide to open your file. So unfair!

camptrav

Sep 16, 2018
I have tried calling multiple times again today. I still was not put through to any agent. It said there was a high volume of calls again. (9 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, 2 PM and 3 PM all in their time)

Reactions: Rowteame

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
I completed 2 months 2 weeks still waiting for my 1st GCMS note.
AOR -6th Mar
MEP - 15th
IP2- 9th/10th of August
FSW Outland, I don't even know my VO. After 6 months, i raised a CSE, Sent emails, no response at all....I think we can conclude that those Mar AOR that havent received decision are among the 20%....Now the question is how long this category of applications will be concluded? Some one who know the guy named IRCC should ask on my behalf...
Similar situation as mine. Got AOR in Mar and IP2 in Aug. Waiting for ppr.

Reactions: Walesby

camptrav

Sep 16, 2018
I was finally able to get someone on the phone. I had called at 1:17 pm Ottawa time, and had a wait time of about 30 minutes.
AOR: Mar 4

I was able to find out on the call:
Criminal check: completed
Background check: not started
VO: Sydney, Nova Scotia
There have been no changes to my application status since the end of March (according to what he said on the call).

I'd heard that Sydney takes longer than the average 6 months to process PR applications.
Does anyone have any idea about the wait time for an application in the Sydney office?
I'd be grateful for any insight from anyone who's in the same boat.

Thanks!

Arod

May 15, 2017
I was finally able to get someone on the phone. I had called at 1:17 pm Ottawa time, and had a wait time of about 30 minutes.

There have been no changes to my application status since the end of March (according to what he said on the call).

I'd heard that Sydney takes longer than the average 6 months to process PR applications.
Does anyone have any idea about the wait time for an application in the Sydney office?

Thanks!
I'm on the same boat. AOR March 14th, Nova Scotia, FSW-O

Sent an e-mail to the office last week and was told that my application is in queue for review by an officer.

I'm expecting at least two more months of wait.

fareed3621

May 18, 2018

Thanks!
yes...same boat
AOR 23rd March
my file is also struck in Nova scotia i think they are giving same reply to everyone criminality passed security not started
getting same answer everytime

sac25

Sep 7, 2018
yes...same boat
AOR 23rd March
my file is also struck in Nova scotia i think they are giving same reply to everyone criminality passed security not started
getting same answer everytime
Similar status here..AOR 25 March. Eligibility under review and security not started. With Nova Scotia..

I submitted experience letters with job duties recently, is there anyway I can confirm that those docs were accepted?

tia_s

Sep 1, 2018
Proudly completed 2 months still waiting for GCMS notes.
AOR: 14 March
Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Completed
Security: Not Started
CEC Inland

Application stucked at Nova Scotia office
Called CIC Agent multiple times everytime same reply. Even raised webform query also just after completing 6 months waiting for CIC reply.
For GCMS also raised tracking query no reply for that as well.
Forget PPR, Here GCMS becomes a major concern.

Any other option left, Please advise.
I have the exact same timeline as yours, exceot that my AOR is 17 March. My Criminality and Meds have passed but Eligibility and Background are still pending. I am at 196 days today

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Time for my weekly post for Montreal visa office :D:D

Are you a FSW-O candidate based in the USA? or an inland Candidate?

Still stuck in IP1? if Yes, then your application may be at Montreal visa office.

Do order GCMS notes or call IRCC agents and find out ...

Why? Because if you're at Montreal your wait likely is going to be long one! Based on the data we have till now Montreal takes 5-6 months to give PPR. Hence knowing this may prevent you to log-in to CIC account daily.

For more information please join us at Montreal thread here!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/montreal-visa-office-lets-connect-here.575300/page-28#post-7263637