+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

AOR March 19, was and still on IP1 since March 28 (Meds Pass)...I got a so called "Ghost Update" on September 21st.

Don't want to get too excited about it but at the same time can't help trying to understand what's going on.

Anyone care to speculate? Thanks
I got the ghost update in August. Until then, I have no updates btw AOR March 29th. So it depends on where you apply from.
I applied from Turkey so it is in the heart of middle east. Lots of things are going between US and Turkey. I think all of these affect immigration processes. This is my assumption though.

jayson_mires

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks for letting me know. But what i wanted to know is what is your status online? IP1/2?

For instance mine still shows eligibility in progress, background check not started

Reactions: sebzecan

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Thanks for letting me know. But what i wanted to know is what is your status online? IP1/2?

For instance mine still shows eligibility in progress, background check not started
Mine is IP2, you will get a ghost update that means your background check starts.

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Does anyone know how long would it take to complete security check? Agent also said 6 months is approximately time for processing.. Per usual.

camptrav

Sep 16, 2018
d, I am calling them today, I am on the line.
I tried calling moments after you posted this, but the machine told me there's a high volume of calls, and I cannot be placed on the queue.
Is this a problem anyone else has faced? I'm calling from the US but I'm using Google calling. I've tried using the 2ndLine app, but I am still not being put in the queue. I've been facing this for the last 10 days.
My AOR was on Mar 4.
Background check status says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Review of eligibility says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Medical check changed to passed within 2 weeks after AOR.

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I tried calling moments after you posted this, but the machine told me there's a high volume of calls, and I cannot be placed on the queue.
Is this a problem anyone else has faced? I'm calling from the US but I'm using Google calling. I've tried using the 2ndLine app, but I am still not being put in the queue. I've been facing this for the last 10 days.
My AOR was on Mar 4.
Background check status says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Review of eligibility says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."
Medical check changed to passed within 2 weeks after AOR.
I tried to call them for days. Try early in the morning or 2 pm (their time)

Try to give them a call at 7.30 am before they open the office.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey everyone, I have called CIC today and contacted to an agent. It took 45 minutes.
It seems like I passed eligibility, criminal check, medicals but security hasn't started yet, She said my application will be probably approved end of this year. This is ridiculous. I did my medicals in March, how can I move in March if get PPR in December right? then I will have to redo my medicals to move in May or something.
Btw my police certificate will expiry in 4 days, so they will probably ask a new one...

This is like a joke.
If your criminality is passed I don’t think they will ask for the PCC again.
If your medicals are expiring IRCC may either extend them or ask you to redo the medicals...

Reactions: sebzecan

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
If your criminality is passed I don’t think they will ask for the PCC again.
If your medicals are expiring IRCC may either extend them or ask you to redo the medicals...
Yes maybe you are right. I am from Turkey maybe that's why it takes longer. lots of Syrian applicants are applying from here. Probably file number is 3 times more than usual... Hope I won't have to do medicals again, it is pretty expensive here and takes time, such a waste of time...

Jul 17, 2018
Proudly completed 2 months still waiting for GCMS notes.
AOR: 14 March
Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Completed
Security: Not Started
CEC Inland

Application stucked at Nova Scotia office
Called CIC Agent multiple times everytime same reply. Even raised webform query also just after completing 6 months waiting for CIC reply.
For GCMS also raised tracking query no reply for that as well.
Forget PPR, Here GCMS becomes a major concern.

Any other option left, Please advise.

Walesby

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Proudly completed 2 months still waiting for GCMS notes.
AOR: 14 March
Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Completed
Security: Not Started
CEC Inland

Application stucked at Nova Scotia office
Called CIC Agent multiple times everytime same reply. Even raised webform query also just after completing 6 months waiting for CIC reply.
For GCMS also raised tracking query no reply for that as well.
Forget PPR, Here GCMS becomes a major concern.

Any other option left, Please advise.
I completed 2 months 2 weeks still waiting for my 1st GCMS note.
AOR -6th Mar
MEP - 15th
IP2- 9th/10th of August
FSW Outland, I don't even know my VO. After 6 months, i raised a CSE, Sent emails, no response at all....I think we can conclude that those Mar AOR that havent received decision are among the 20%....Now the question is how long this category of applications will be concluded? Some one who know the guy named IRCC should ask on my behalf...

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
I have been following your case on this forum. I really wish you get some movement on your file soon or at least some update!
I am more and more sad and frustrated by this situation. Here below is the mail I received from CPC Ottawa as a reply to the mail I sent to them after crossing the six months.

"Good day,
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,"

As a conclusion, my file has been in the queue and untouched for six months, which later applications jump the queue to the treated.

Reactions: Feb

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I am more and more sad and frustrated by this situation. Here below is the mail I received from CPC Ottawa as a reply to the mail I sent to them after crossing the six months.

"Good day,
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,"

As a conclusion, my file has been in the queue and untouched for six months, which later applications jump the queue to the treated.
Did you give them a call? Are you working with a lawyer? working with a lawyer can be a trigger. some one don't even bother him/her self to review your file. that's not professional.

Reactions: Chris78