+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Agy_67

Aug 12, 2018
I just called CIC for the first time as today I'm reaching 6 months since AOR. I got to talk to an agent who told me My Medicals are valid, criminality is passed, eligibility is under review and my background check won't start until eligibility is passed.

I was kind of expecting to hear my eligibility was under review as my GCMS notes had shown Review Required for POF a few months ago as they deducted my car loan from my POF, I just don't understand why the final review is taking so long to start. They haven't requested any additional documents from me.

The agent told me my application will take longer than 6 months to finalize due to this and basically said all I could do is wait.

So, to summarize, I'm part of the unlucky 20%.:confused:
Sigh, i can totally imagine how you feel. Still don’t feel so bad, you are better off than those of us in IP1 for 6months, with Visa offices outside Canada (who ircc contact agents cannot even give any information), and no idea what is going on back end.
Truth is all we can do is wait for their decision whatever it turns out to be.

Walesby

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Sigh, i can totally imagine how you feel. Still don’t feel so bad, you are better off than those of us in IP1 for 6months, with Visa offices outside Canada (who ircc contact agents cannot even give any information), and no idea what is going on back end.
Truth is all we can do is wait for their decision whatever it turns out to be.
Hi, does bn in IP2 (Background in process) mean eligibility is passed? I moved to IP2 after 5 Months post AOR, now for over a month now (exceeded 6months) no news or update...What could be the problem?

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hi, does bn in IP2 (Background in process) mean eligibility is passed? I moved to IP2 after 5 Months post AOR, now for over a month now (exceeded 6months) no news or update...What could be the problem?
I confirmed by my call to CIC today that this is not the case. I also moved to the so-called IP2 a little more than a month ago and my eligibility is still under review.

Most likely the change in wording was related to the time my criminality was set to passed.

With that said, there is a chance that your eligibility is still under review and you could need to wait longer. Have you requested GCMS notes or called CIC?

Walesby

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
I confirmed by my call to CIC today that this is not the case. I also moved to the so-called IP2 a little more than a month ago and my eligibility is still under review.

Most likely the change in wording was related to the time my criminality was set to passed.

With that said, there is a chance that your eligibility is still under review and you could need to wait longer. Have you requested GCMS notes or called CIC?
OK, now I get...but I haven't even bn able to receive the GCMS note I ordered for over 2months now, I have never received GCMS note though.....I can't get across by phone either......I think the logical thing for IRCz to do is for ADR rather than making us wait indefinitely.

Reactions: shoaibalik

shoaibalik

Jun 3, 2017
Hi Guys, can any one help me in sharing their experience as my timeline is as follow:
AOR - Mar 20, 2018
All Fees Paid on Mar 20, 2018
ADR - Background - Mar 28, 2018
ADR - RCMP - Apr 5, 2018
Medical Pass - Apr 5, 2018
BGC - Apr 5, 2018
PPR: Waiting.... waiting..... waiting
I have requested GCMS Notes on Jul 5, 2018, they have not come either. I was wondering what's the real time line as only 5 days remaining for the so called 6 months total process from AOR and I still have to get my PPR & get my passport stamped.

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hello All,

Finished 6 months today and received GCMS notes after 30 days. What should I be looking for in the GCMS notes. As far I see there no activity after May and Eligibility, Security & Criminality not started.

I also found "Review Required" for Funds and my police clearance.

Review Required Stat questions is the text next to my police clearance.

What does this mean and where can I check the Next Due date?

mrjayd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28/03/2018
IELTS Request
4/04/2018
Med's Done....
5/04/2018
Passport Req..
1-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2018
LANDED..........
28-01-2019
Hello All,

Finished 6 months today and received GCMS notes after 30 days. What should I be looking for in the GCMS notes. As far I see there no activity after May and Eligibility, Security & Criminality not started.

I also found "Review Required" for Funds and my police clearance.

Review Required Stat questions is the text next to my police clearance.

What does this mean and where can I check the Next Due date?
Is this your first Gcms?
Do you have issues with your POF? i. e loans or anything.
I requested for my first notes in july and it helped me discover i had to clarify my POF via Case enquiry. This triggered my file to be moved and atleast they have started processing my file.

Reactions: camptrav

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Is this your first Gcms?
Do you have issues with your POF? i. e loans or anything.
I requested for my first notes in july and it helped me discover i had to clarify my POF via Case enquiry. This triggered my file to be moved and atleast they have started processing my file.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes this is my first GMCS notes. There are no loans and I had 16500 $ for 2 applicants.

The only thing I did not do is to take bankers letter in canadian dollars equivalent.