Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Hi Andy,

I have recently recieved my CoPR.
My profession requires me to travel overseas frequently.
Appreciate if you and other members could help me with below query -
Before I make a permanent landing to canada, Do I need to inform CIC incase I travel overseas on buisness travel, post CoPR.

Thanks.
I traveled to USA last Wednesday and returned on Friday. I did not want to do my landing because I was with some colleague and my wife was at home.
What I did, I went to the border, I said I was going to do my landing, and inside I explained the same thing to the officer. They told me that I can do landing first and then my wife, because I am the principal applicant, and second he asked for current TRV and PGWP, after he verified that it was up-to-date he said you can go, you can do your landing later, it is your choice and there is no issue. This was at Ambassador bridge (Detroit-Windsor). They did not stamp my passport.

Now, I am planning to do landing next Thursday at Lewiston-Queenston bridge, because it is close from home. I am planning to do flagpole around 6:30 am, to be in the office before 8:00 am, when I know they start working on this. If I fail doing this, because of their schedule or some other bull$%^, I will go to thousands island bridge in landsdowne, the same day which I know it is 100% sure.

Last edited:

Jasmine22

Apr 4, 2018
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all who got the ppr!! And all the best who hasn’t till now.

Am in the same boat, waiting for the golden email and the wait is too frustrating.
109th day..
Fsw-outland
Aor- march 31
Med passed - april 10th
IP1- april 10th since then in the same state

Called CIC, agent advised- eligibility recommended pass.

Does recommended pass mean that the case reviewer has approved it and next will be check d with visa officer?? I am still in IP1 stage and worried now.

Can u please suggest what recommended pass indicates!!

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
AOR - Mar 6
Meds passed - Mar 14
Ghost update - June 28
IP2 - June 28
PPR - July 3

VO - Port of Spain, Trinidad

Sent passport to embassy - Jul 6
Received - Jul 10
Sent back - Jul 12
Received COPR - Jul 16

Madhuri99

Jul 12, 2018
Hello
I'm unable to upload the additional documents requested by CIC in my submitted application, what is the best way to submit the documents ?

Madhuri99

Jul 12, 2018
I submitted mine successfully yesterday. What's the issue?
There is no option to upload the documents and even created a technical issue on friday and no response on that. Deadline is given as 18th of this month. I tried calling CIC but due to high volume my call is disconnected.

nandy70772

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
There is no option to upload the documents and even created a technical issue on friday and no response on that. Deadline is given as 18th of this month. I tried calling CIC but due to high volume my call is disconnected.
Usually, the procedure is you click on "view submitted application" and when you scroll down, you'll find a new field where you will have to upload the additional document. Try a different browser.

Madhuri99

Jul 12, 2018
Usually, the procedure is you click on "view submitted application" and when you scroll down, you'll find a new field where you will have to upload the additional document. Try a different browser.
Yes I've submitted few documents earlier in the same way. But this time there is no option to upload any additional documents and tried in multiple browsers

Anand95

Feb 14, 2018
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all who got the ppr!! And all the best who hasn’t till now.

Am in the same boat, waiting for the golden email and the wait is too frustrating.
109th day..
Fsw-outland
Aor- march 31
Med passed - april 10th
IP1- april 10th since then in the same state

Called CIC, agent advised- eligibility recommended pass.

Does recommended pass mean that the case reviewer has approved it and next will be check d with visa officer?? I am still in IP1 stage and worried now.

Can u please suggest what recommended pass indicates!!

Hey Jasmine,

Aor 29 March
MEP 7 March
Still at IP1
VO - Ottawa
Eligibility Recommended Pass

I believe it means the eligibility is cleared and recommended by the officials.

Next step for my file was to start with BC

Lets hope for the best.

My number is 9930863990 if u wanna get in touch regarding updates as our AOR dates and current statuses are quite similiar.

Thanks

Reactions: Jasmine22

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hey Jasmine,

Aor 29 March
MEP 7 March
Still at IP1
VO - Ottawa
Eligibility Recommended Pass

I believe it means the eligibility is cleared and recommended by the officials.

Next step for my file was to start with BC

Lets hope for the best.

My number is 9930863990 if u wanna get in touch regarding updates as our AOR dates and current statuses are quite similiar.

Thanks
How do you know eligibility is pass?

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
My aor is 6th March and since then I m in ip1. I called cic twice they only told me that my vo is Ottawa and that they are reviewing my eligibility. I have ordered gcms notes 15 days back but still no movement. Is there anyone else from March beginning who is in the same boat.

Anand95

Feb 14, 2018
My aor is 6th March and since then I m in ip1. I called cic twice they only told me that my vo is Ottawa and that they are reviewing my eligibility. I have ordered gcms notes 15 days back but still no movement. Is there anyone else from March beginning who is in the same boat.
one week back my eligibility review was also in process. Yesterday they informed me that its recommended pass. Your review is not yet complete and so they have confirmed you about eligibility review in process. I have ordered GCMS on 9th July.
Lets hope for the best

Esh2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
one week back my eligibility review was also in process. Yesterday they informed me that its recommended pass. Your review is not yet complete and so they have confirmed you about eligibility review in process. I have ordered GCMS on 9th July.
Lets hope for the best
That's what my aor is 6th March with means only 45 days are left for 6 months to get over. I m feeling anxious now. I m still stuck in ip1