Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for this @legalfalcon. My background check changed to "we are processing your background check...." on 11-June. It's been 23 days already. Should I be worried considering most people moved from this stage to PPR within two weeks time?
See my response above.

Flyhi_2018

Apr 5, 2018
IP2 means nothing. It does not signify that your application has passed 'Elig
IP2 means nothing. It does not signify that your application has passed 'Eligibility', which is the most important stage. If the eligibility is passed, the chances of rejection are next to none, barring any issues with security.
Hi LegalFalcon, what really happens in the 'Eligibility' stage? Curious, because ive moved to IP2 on June 19th and yet no PPR mail as yet considering everyone keeps saying its gonna take only a week or so after IP2 that you get PPR......Please help !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon, what really happens in the 'Eligibility' stage? Curious, because ive moved to IP2 on June 19th and yet no PPR mail as yet considering everyone keeps saying its gonna take only a week or so after IP2 that you get PPR......Please help !
2. Eligibility

The next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, and if the same is corroborated by the supporting documents filed; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
The objective here is to review whether an applicant meets the program threshold and what the applicant claimed in his profile is true and correct. If there are any issues or concerns, the reviewing officer can send your application for further review. This may include an interview, extra document request etc. The officer also considers whether the application should be refused for not meeting the minimum requirements of the federal program or for misrepresentation.The eligibility focuses on two major factors:

a. Requirement to maintain Minimum Entry Criteria (MEC) – To meet the MEC, applicants must meet the program requirements of the federal skilled worker class (FSWC), the federal skilled trades class (FSTC) or the Canadian experience class (CEC). If an applicant’s situation changes in the time between when they receive an ITA and when they submit their e-APR to an extent they fall below the MEC, the application is refused under section A11.2.

b. Requirement to maintain the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) – It is an applicant’s responsibility to ensure that his application meets the minimum CRS score. The CRS score is automatically recorded at the time when

• ITA is issued; and
  • e-APR is submitted.
At the time of the e-APR, both the CRS scores are compared and one of the following scenario plays out:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will be refused under for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.
If the applicant meets the requirements, of both, MEC and CRS, the eligibility is passed.

see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

remo1563

Nov 16, 2017
Hey Keebs, did you get your GCMS notes as yet. I was wondering where the Visa office for Trinidad is - whether it was the local office in POS?

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
Guys I sent my passports and now I realized I made a mistake, i did not include my name and birth date in the photographs I sent to IRCC along with my passports. What can I do? Do I need to be worried? Do I inform them using webform?

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Guys I sent my passports and now I realized I made a mistake, i did not include my name and birth date in the photographs I sent to IRCC along with my passports. What can I do? Do I need to be worried? Do I inform them using webform?
I don't think you need to be worried about it. from what I read, the birthdate and name is only required so that the IRCC officers do not mix up photos. Imagine a large family with 4 kids all similar ages, how will the IRCC officer know which photo belongs to which applicant?
Also I heard that in worst case if photo requirements are not met, they will ask you to send new photos after landing when they are processing your PR card. So most probably if they want it your PR card dispatch might be delayed till they receive the new photos, but should not affect your CoPR.
These are just my thoughts based on the forum posts I have read regarding the photos, others who are more knowledgeable on this please provide your inputs

utom1987

Star Member
May 20, 2014
NOC Code......
2. Eligibility

The next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, and if the same is corroborated by the supporting documents filed; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
The objective here is to review whether an applicant meets the program threshold and what the applicant claimed in his profile is true and correct. If there are any issues or concerns, the reviewing officer can send your application for further review. This may include an interview, extra document request etc. The officer also considers whether the application should be refused for not meeting the minimum requirements of the federal program or for misrepresentation.The eligibility focuses on two major factors:

a. Requirement to maintain Minimum Entry Criteria (MEC) – To meet the MEC, applicants must meet the program requirements of the federal skilled worker class (FSWC), the federal skilled trades class (FSTC) or the Canadian experience class (CEC). If an applicant’s situation changes in the time between when they receive an ITA and when they submit their e-APR to an extent they fall below the MEC, the application is refused under section A11.2.

b. Requirement to maintain the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) – It is an applicant’s responsibility to ensure that his application meets the minimum CRS score. The CRS score is automatically recorded at the time when

• ITA is issued; and
  • e-APR is submitted.
At the time of the e-APR, both the CRS scores are compared and one of the following scenario plays out:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will be refused under for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.
If the applicant meets the requirements, of both, MEC and CRS, the eligibility is passed.

see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Sir i needed some information from the Canadian help line in regards to my previous application but when i called the agent asked me UCI number, DOB, and name and then asked me for a Local phone number and i hesitated as i was in USA but he asked are you in Canada sir,,, to which i said yes by mistake and then he asked me for address and phone number which i gave of my frends details. Thus after that i hung up as i thought he might put all this in my file if i complete the call. So now i am stuck and very much worried as i am in USA and i said i was in canada to the agents question. my question is will it impact my furture application, what do you advise in regards to this ??

varungorur2005

Nov 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
So did you call them ??
Yes I called them now and my visa office is London. They said it's still in eligibility check and they don't have any other details yet. I have sent an email to London VO to get more details.

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
I don't think you need to be worried about it. from what I read, the birthdate and name is only required so that the IRCC officers do not mix up photos. Imagine a large family with 4 kids all similar ages, how will the IRCC officer know which photo belongs to which applicant?
Also I heard that in worst case if photo requirements are not met, they will ask you to send new photos after landing when they are processing your PR card. So most probably if they want it your PR card dispatch might be delayed till they receive the new photos, but should not affect your CoPR.
These are just my thoughts based on the forum posts I have read regarding the photos, others who are more knowledgeable on this please provide your inputs
I will have new photos ready just in case then. Inwas thinking about contacting them, but I will wait for now. Thanks

Rumsam

Jun 28, 2018
What are the chances and reason for rejection normally...and suppose they call your office and by mistake they don't get a positive reply do they reject