+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Gwills

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
That is correct you are not meant to call from overseas as I was told by CIC today on the phone. If they detect your number is from overseas sometimes it wont conect. I phoned using google dialer

That's not correct.
People have called CIC from overseas, but they use different phone#.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
That is correct you are not meant to call from overseas as I was told by CIC today on the phone. If they detect your number is from overseas sometimes it wont conect. I phoned using google dialer
Oh you mean like that... I have no clue if they are supposed to do that tbh, as an applicant you are paying you due fee and availing their service. So in principle they should provide the feedback.
Just a common man thought. For everything else you have a lawyer

UKDreamer

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
It is great to find this supporting community. I have been feeling anxious about my application for the past few months.

My AOR was March 13th, on May 1st, I was asked to send some more documents and a letter of explanation. I sent all that, and my status under "Review of additional documents" changed to : We are reviewing your document...etc.

In the same week, I think by May 7th, I logged in to my application and saw these changes:

Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results :You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My questions, and I hope you can help:

1- Is this the ghost update people talk about? I did not receive any emails for the above changes on May 7th.

2- What stage am In in?

I am a non-british residing in England.

I really appreciate your answers and help. I also hope that everyone here will achieve their dream of getting to settle in Canada.

Thank you,

sonali.kaushal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
USA
AOR Received.
30-03-2018
It is great to find this supporting community. I have been feeling anxious about my application for the past few months.

My AOR was March 13th, on May 1st, I was asked to send some more documents and a letter of explanation. I sent all that, and my status under "Review of additional documents" changed to : We are reviewing your document...etc.

In the same week, I think by May 7th, I logged in to my application and saw these changes:

Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

1- Is this the ghost update people talk about? I did not receive any emails for the above changes on May 7th.
This is not a ghost update. This is a clear update. Ghost update means when you login to your account, you see 'updated' rather than submitted status of application but after clicking the link you see no updates.
2- What stage I am in?
You are in IP2. Normally after this is the PPR stage.

I really appreciate your answers and help. I also hope that everyone here will achieve their dream of getting to settle in Canada.

Thank you,

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

2- What stage am In in?

Thank you,
IP2 stage, you don’t receive emails for it that’s what I understood from the forum

Reactions: Gwills

A_Judge

Dec 14, 2017
That's not correct.
People have called CIC from overseas, but they use different phone#.
I just called them they said that my background check, criminality, security are being processed. but in my account it shows that background check hadn't started yet. Not understanding where exactly my application is being processed whether in IP1 or IP2

namrata aswani

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
I just called them they said that my background check, criminality, security are being processed. but in my account it shows that background check hadn't started yet. Not understanding where exactly my application is being processed whether in IP1 or IP2
Similar case, I called them yesterday too, they said my eligibility , background and security checks are in progress although my application might not reflect it and Visa office is Ottawa.