+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Gwills

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah did they say the exact same to you then ? She implied they were working on it as we speak ! I don't think I will phone again

That's what most of the them keep saying, like someone mentioned here, most of the agent just tell you it is well within 6 months processing time and you have till September. I have spoken to three different agents so far and that's what all three said...

Reactions: KingKurly

Gwills

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Gwills you should ask the agent specific questions, they have to answer you because calls are recorded. plz check what I wrote earlier to Namrata in the earlier pages
Thank you for this i asked the following and got the following replies ;

What date was my application last being processed ? '
Reply : your file is open and is currently being worked on'

Which visa office is my application at ?
Reply : you do not have a visa office it has not left Canada ( not sure what she meant by that?)

Has my background check been started ?
Reply : I cannot see that however it is not relevant as background checks can take several months to complete

nidiw2017

Oct 13, 2017
AOR Received.
06-03-2018
Med's Done....
16-03-2018
Gwills you should ask the agent specific questions, they have to answer you because calls are recorded. plz check what I wrote earlier to Namrata in the earlier pages
Absolutely! I agree that some of the agents are not very pleasant to talk too, but in no circumstance can they misrepresent your case status to you. If you ask generic questions which they can evade, then that's hat they'd do. However, if you ask them directly about your BGC or eligibility or security, they will answer and will give the most recent update.

Reactions: Gwills

Arod

May 15, 2017
Something weird happened today. I went into my application like every other day during the last three months (My AOR is from March 14th) and noticed that the layout is a bit different.

Now there is a message that wasn't there before for the Document Status which reads: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

However, when I scroll down to the "Details about your application status" section and look at the Background Check line it still says:

"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

Is that still IP1 stage? I would say it is.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you for this i asked the following and got the following replies ;

What date was my application last being processed ? '
Reply : your file is open and is currently being worked on'

That is a open question, they will give you a vague answer too, and please don’t start conversations with this question you have to engage the agent....

Which visa office is my application at ?
Reply : you do not have a visa office it has not left Canada ( not sure what she meant by that?)

Has my background check been started ?
Reply : I cannot see that however it is not relevant as background checks can take several months to complete
Ask them Eligibilty question first... that’s where verification of all the points you are claiming are being checked, reviewed and approved

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwills

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Something weird happened today. I went into my application like every other day during the last three months (My AOR is from March 14th) and noticed that the layout is a bit different.

Now there is a message that wasn't there before for the Document Status which reads: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

However, when I scroll down to the "Details about your application status" section and look at the Background Check line it still says:

"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

You are correct. That's IP1.

Reactions: Arod

Gwills

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018

Yes its just an update I have the same

Reactions: Arod