March 2018 AOR - join here!

fareed3621

May 18, 2018
Hi Everyone
I'm from INDIA
My AOR: 23rd March 2018
Medical Passed: 31st March 2018
Category : FSW
there is no change in my application but i received 2 ghost email from cic. 57days passed but no ppr i'm worried
btw I got 7.5 band in my IELTS and My CRS 454
please someone help me what may be wrong why they are taking time to update my profile.

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
  1. Visa stamped.
Considering all the three above, time to landing from the time of ITA has three possibilities:
  1. Time to submit your docs post ITA - CIC gives you 90 days to arrange your medicals, PCC, transcripts, reference letter, etc. Most people take about 35–50 days to get this done.
  2. Post application submission: The current wait time from application submission till you receive Passport Request is 85 days. But for many people, due to the country they are travelling from or their background, it can take upto 180 days (which is the standard processing time promised by CIC). This is the pre-final step to receiving your PR confirmation, and is also considered as the confirmation itself — so you should consider booking your flight tickets at this stage if you want to land as soon as possible.

Note: During this time, CIC may ask you to clarify and/or provide more information. This will add atleast 7 more days to your processing time. Based on the info provided, your application may also be rejected.
  3. If you have successfully received your PPR, then it will take a max of 15 days to get your Visa stamped.
Considering all the three above, time to landing from the time of ITA has three possibilities:

• Best Case Scenario: 80 - 100 days (4 months)
  • Most Reasonable Scenario:120 - 150 days
  • Worst Case Scenario: 180 days and above.
As stated in Quora.
THank you, Do you know how much time CIC provides after receiving PPR and submitting the passports for stamping ?

Vivian1430

May 16, 2018
People from March have started receiving PPR but what I see is late March people are getting PPR .. any body who's got aor in the starting of March has got PPR ????
My AOR is on 5th March
Medicals 13th March
Till date no change in update - "we will update you when we start your background check"

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Under certain circumstances , cic has extended. But you need to mail them and get approval for that.
Thank you for your reply once again. Do you know what are those circumstances ? My H1B is expiring and I am going back to India for few months until 140 and H1B extension is approved. My family will be here in US as my wife is working here on H1. Do they publish these circumstances anywhere ?
Thanks alot,

div velu

Apr 29, 2018
Thank you for your reply once again. Do you know what are those circumstances ? My H1B is expiring and I am going back to India for few months until 140 and H1B extension is approved. My family will be here in US as my wife is working here on H1. Do they publish these circumstances anywhere ?
Thanks alot,
Sorry not sure.

ee_candidate

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Thanks alot,
I think this is a valid reason. Some people extend the submission date as they are travelling. You should be fine.

Reactions: Rawhide

mrjayd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28/03/2018
IELTS Request
4/04/2018
Med's Done....
5/04/2018
Passport Req..
1-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2018
LANDED..........
28-01-2019
They will update your CIC account and the background status will say we are doing your background check
You might not get an update though, just spoke to an agent in cic, infact incalled from outside canada and i told them, he still went ahead and gave me updates that is not in my online application.

Eligibilty ongoing and bc started, he even told me my lvo is ottawa.