+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

ML_Machine

Dec 11, 2018
Hi All,

I finally received my GCMS notes and since my designation(before promotion) in my current organization was a Senior Business Analyst they added the NOC 0013. When I checked these details the experience seemed more managerial, however, my experience is more towards Machine Learning/Data Analysis due to which they have a "REVIEW REQUIRED" right next to the job details. I am currently a Senior BI Engineer with more data pipelining/statistical modeling responsibilities in addition to what I mentioned above, what should I do in order to let CIC know that the definition of a Senior BA at my company is more technical than their NOC definition?

Another role in a previous firm was reporting and data related as well although less technical and they put the NOC 2173 next to it.

I've taken a scan of a job posting for a BA at my organization as well as that of my current role and am planning on sharing the updated work experience letter from my firm.

Any advice? Am I missing something else?

I would appreciate a quick response. If anyone that sees this message would be willing to tag someone else that might have an idea about the situation or has gone through the same that would help as well.

Thanks and Regards!

Zipak

Oct 12, 2018
Hi All,

I finally received my GCMS notes and since my designation(before promotion) in my current organization was a Senior Business Analyst they added the NOC 0013. When I checked these details the experience seemed more managerial, however, my experience is more towards Machine Learning/Data Analysis due to which they have a "REVIEW REQUIRED" right next to the job details. I am currently a Senior BI Engineer with more data pipelining/statistical modeling responsibilities in addition to what I mentioned above, what should I do in order to let CIC know that the definition of a Senior BA at my company is more technical than their NOC definition?

Another role in a previous firm was reporting and data related as well although less technical and they put the NOC 2173 next to it.

I've taken a scan of a job posting for a BA at my organization as well as that of my current role and am planning on sharing the updated work experience letter from my firm.

Any advice? Am I missing something else?

I would appreciate a quick response. If anyone that sees this message would be willing to tag someone else that might have an idea about the situation or has gone through the same that would help as well.

Thanks and Regards!
Did you provide job duties with your work experience letter?
Did they ask you anything?
Can you give us your timeline?

Last edited:

ML_Machine

Dec 11, 2018
Did you provide job duties with your work experience letter?
Did they ask you anything?
Can you give us your timeline?
Yes, I’ve added all the job duties and responsibilities along with salary, designation held on a company letterhead.

I’ve had a consultant work for me on filing my application and she had wrongly mentioned that it is the immigration officers who enter the NOC code. She has added the incorrect NOC code of 0013 for what should be 2172 instead and that has resulted in a “mismatch between code mentioned and job responsibilities that I’ve stated”

Is there a solution for this? The GCMS notes do mention that I have a representative that has filed for me. Is it possible for me to provide an LOE along with the correct NOC in the letter and supporting documents such as a job description for the roles from the job board of the firm as well as an updated work experience letter?

Zipak

Oct 12, 2018
Yes, I’ve added all the job duties and responsibilities along with salary, designation held on a company letterhead.

I’ve had a consultant work for me on filing my application and she had wrongly mentioned that it is the immigration officers who enter the NOC code. She has added the incorrect NOC code of 0013 for what should be 2172 instead and that has resulted in a “mismatch between code mentioned and job responsibilities that I’ve stated”

Is there a solution for this? The GCMS notes do mention that I have a representative that has filed for me. Is it possible for me to provide an LOE along with the correct NOC in the letter and supporting documents such as a job description for the roles from the job board of the firm as well as an updated work experience letter?
-Can you tell us exactly what the agent said on the gcms notes about the reason why your eligiblity is under review. (Bottom of gcms notes)
-Are you sure that an officer have already reviewed your application and not just the case analyst ? (written also on the notes)
-Please give your timeline.

ML_Machine

Dec 11, 2018
-Can you tell us exactly what the agent said on the gcms notes about the reason why your eligiblity is under review. (Bottom of gcms notes)
-Are you sure that an officer have already reviewed your application and not just the case analyst ? (written also on the notes)
-Please give your timeline.
Hey @Zipak,

All I see is "REVIEW REQUIRED" - eDoc# YYYYY - NOTE: "REVIEW REQUIRED - DUTIES"
The NOC that was filed under was 0013 which is for Senior Managers whereas my job description is focused on data analysis and machine learning.

I also see that there is a "REVIEW REQUIRED" for for settlement funds which is a little confusing given that I have more than the amount of funds that was required when applying. Do I need an LOE for this as well?

I can also see that the score at the time of ITA was 481 for a threshold of 446 but they can validate only 431 from those.

All this information has been recommended by "case processing agent". Now I don't know if thats an analyst or an officer.

Also, by timeline I am assuming you mean when I applied? I submitted everything on March 28, 2018 so it's been 9+ months since my wait.
Let me know if there is something else that you want me to share. I cannot upload pictures or else I could have shared a screenshot of the same.

Zipak

Oct 12, 2018
Ok it's not an officer.
You are in queue for a review by an officer which will happen very soon.
It seems that the job duties that you sent don't look like the ones corresponding with the NOC you chose and they prefer another one.

Moreover there are issues with your settlement funds.Did you provide exactly this ?

"The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months."

In your case i would raise a CSE to
1) explain carefully your job duties and why you think it's the NOC you chose
2) update the settlement fund in the right way.

Read this : https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

I can't help more without the full paragraph of the case processing agent. For more information, ask your questions to Legalfalcon as he is the most technical guy here. but he will need that paragraph.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/

ML_Machine

Dec 11, 2018
Ok it's not an officer.
You are in queue for a review by an officer which will happen very soon.
It seems that the job duties that you sent don't look like the ones corresponding with the NOC you chose and they prefer another one.

Moreover there are issues with your settlement funds.Did you provide exactly this ?

"The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months."

In your case i would raise a CSE to
1) explain carefully your job duties and why you think it's the NOC you chose
2) update the settlement fund in the right way.

Read this : https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

I can't help more without the full paragraph of the case processing agent. For more information, ask your questions to Legalfalcon as he is the most technical guy here. but he will need that paragraph.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/

Yes, the letter from the financial institution is on a letterhead, has my name and address, date when I requested the document, typeof account, current balance, average balance (all through the life of the account) and the address of the bank (the headquarters not the branch). Additionally, I also provided to them my statements from the bank for 6 months so that they could confirm that the amount in the account wasn't a one time push and that I have maintained a good balance throughout.

Is a CSE the same as an LOE? I'll google it as well but I don't want to end up reading some incorrect document. I'll also go through the links you shared. Appreciate the help!

Let me see if I can share the screenshot in a DM to you and/or Legalfalcon.

I am a little confused as to how it still hasn't gone to a VO after 9+ months of being in the queue. Not really expecting an answer for this but it's extremely problematic.

Thanks again. I'll probably tag you in the future if there is another development.

Zipak

Oct 12, 2018
Yes, the letter from the financial institution is on a letterhead, has my name and address, date when I requested the document, typeof account, current balance, average balance (all through the life of the account) and the address of the bank (the headquarters not the branch). Additionally, I also provided to them my statements from the bank for 6 months so that they could confirm that the amount in the account wasn't a one time push and that I have maintained a good balance throughout.

Is a CSE the same as an LOE? I'll google it as well but I don't want to end up reading some incorrect document. I'll also go through the links you shared. Appreciate the help!

Let me see if I can share the screenshot in a DM to you and/or Legalfalcon.

I am a little confused as to how it still hasn't gone to a VO after 9+ months of being in the queue. Not really expecting an answer for this but it's extremely problematic.

Thanks again. I'll probably tag you in the future if there is another development.

Raising CSE is going here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx to contact them
-Pick Permanent Residence (applied online) then Express Entry
Fill everything, next page you can provide pdf.

From our side there no much logic on Express Entry Behaviour.
You can see in my signature that i was in review required for job duties for 7 months before an officer took my application.
After that it was pretty fast. So give them explanations and documents via CSE, keep buying GCMS notes 3 weeks after receiving one (cause an officer have to look before release so sometimes it can go faster) and more important be patient (i know it's the hardest part).

Sure i would like to know how it goes for you. Cross fingers.

ML_Machine

Dec 11, 2018
Raising CSE is going here https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx to contact them
-Pick Permanent Residence (applied online) then Express Entry
Fill everything, next page you can provide pdf.

From our side there no much logic on Express Entry Behaviour.
You can see in my signature that i was in review required for job duties for 7 months before an officer took my application.
After that it was pretty fast. So give them explanations and documents via CSE, keep buying GCMS notes 3 weeks after receiving one (cause an officer have to look before release so sometimes it can go faster) and more important be patient (i know it's the hardest part).

Sure i would like to know how it goes for you. Cross fingers.

Hi @Zipak / @legalfalcon,

I have sent across a direct message to the 2 of you and typed out the details of the GCMS notes. I wanted to share it in a personal chat to avoid sharing PII. Post out discussion I can write out a blurb here on what it contains and what the recommended solution would be to benefit others.

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
CC: @legalfalcon

Hi, Need advice.

I received CoPR this morning after 9 months of my application submission. My medical expiration date is February 13, 2019 and I am requested to submit my passport within 30 days. Once they receive the passport they will return it with PR visa which will have the expiry until my medical expiration AND I HAVE to enter Canada before February 13.

This is a highly unrealistic scenario since the transition of my passport from VAC to Embassy + the return of my passport will take some time and most probably the Visa will be expired during transition. Otherwise I'll be left with 2 or 3 days to travel to Canada which is a question mark in itself.

What should I do, any advice?

Last edited:

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018

Hi, Need advice.

I have received CoPR this morning after 9 months of my application submission. My medical expiration date is February 13, 2019 and I am requested to submit my passport within 30 days. Once they receive the passport they will return it with PR visa which will have the expiry until my medical expiration AND I HAVE to enter Canada before February 13.

This is a highly unrealistic scenario since the transition of my passport from VAC to Embassy + the return of my passport will take some time and most probably the Visa will be expired during transition. Otherwise I'll be left with 2 or 3 days to travel to Canada which is a question mark in itself.

Anyone?????

Arod

May 15, 2017

Hi, Need advice.

I received CoPR this morning after 9 months of my application submission. My medical expiration date is February 13, 2019 and I am requested to submit my passport within 30 days. Once they receive the passport they will return it with PR visa which will have the expiry until my medical expiration AND I HAVE to enter Canada before February 13.

Hi Bhrizvi, just to be clear, it seems what you have received is PPR, not COPR which is what you get after you send your passport. Congrats on that.

In theory, once you submit your passport the average turnaround to receive COPR is about 20 days. So, if you submit it today there is a chance you get it back by the end of January. This is about 2 weeks before your medicals expire.

Worst case scenario you can raise a CSE and explain that you need your medicals to be extended so that you can plan your landing process. I've also seen people that get medicals extended automatically without even placing a request.

I would look for a second opinion on this, but that is how I see it.

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hi Bhrizvi, just to be clear, it seems what you have received is PPR, not COPR which is what you get after you send your passport. Congrats on that.

In theory, once you submit your passport the average turnaround to receive COPR is about 20 days. So, if you submit it today there is a chance you get it back by the end of January. This is about 2 weeks before your medicals expire.

Worst case scenario you can raise a CSE and explain that you need your medicals to be extended so that you can plan your landing process. I've also seen people that get medicals extended automatically without even placing a request.

I would look for a second opinion on this, but that is how I see it.
Hey Arod, thanks for the reply. Yes I contacted them about extending the medical. No reply yet. I hope they extend it and reply just in time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Hi, Need advice.

IRCC has the discretion to extend your medical or issue you a visa beyond your medical expiry date. So send your passport and wait for the visa. It will be at least valid for 30-60 days.

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello,
March AOR guys, anyone still waiting for PPR? What is your current status?
I am still waiting, I hv been off the grid for a while.
but my AOR is March 25, 2018
It has been 292 days and noting yet.

I called yesterday and the call center person told me that Assessment is Complete and they are waiting to make decision.
what does this mean?
I saw an update on my profile STATUS "Application/Profile updated" but as soon as I logout and logged back in again it was gone back to "Submitted" do it mean it was an ghost update?

Can any one tell me that is it a good news or bad news?