+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2017 *OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANT*

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Yea that's what I'm thinking...nothing since Nov, they sent a "prearrival service'' a day after the interview, and then nothing since. But now they asking for a "prepaid courier coupon" to be sent in...don't know what to expect now
A prepaid courier means that they will sent you back the passport with the visa on it .. Congratulations dear :)

Please share with us the questions they asked you in the interview as some of us will have an interview so it may help ..Thanks

Shaymiggy

Feb 26, 2018
A prepaid courier means that they will sent you back the passport with the visa on it .. Congratulations dear :)

Please share with us the questions they asked you in the interview as some of us will have an interview so it may help ..Thanks

Thank you @Moltoto...

The interview was very formal, compared to what I've heard from others.
He was asked if I had children and how many, which I do.
He was asked where in Canada he would be living.
He was asked about how and where we met and when we got married.
But other than those direct questions, he waited for like two hours and the interview took less than 15minutes.

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
My MP is usually quite prompt in getting back to us. Usually within 4 or 5 business days after they receive my email they email me back with a response about our status update. I sent in an email directly to the VO (I had corresponded to them directly an email address there before) and through IRCC webform too. We did get a reply from the VO after several days after we hit the 12 month mark, but they only answered one of our questions about still being in queue for an interview at that point but didn't provide a status update.

Thanks, I sure hope March 19 is our lucky day. We feel numb about this whole process now ... we are almost at 13 months now. Even if we pass the interview, it will be a miracle if get done before 15 months.
I sure hope it is! Is ur background check still in process or did it not go in process yet?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I sure hope it is! Is ur background check still in process or did it not go in process yet?
My background check has been in progress since February 22, 2017 (over a year now). I cannot gage where they are at by looking at that. And anyways, they aren't doing anything with our app right now since it has been transferred to another visa office where we are getting our interview done. What happened with our application was that they started our background check in Mississauga before they transferred our file to the Mexico City Visa Office. My partner submitted his PCC from Chile upfront as per his country specific instructions. Since that time, they haven't really looked much at the police records (they forgot to ask us to submit his RCMP fingerprint report and we did not receive the request until I asked them if they wanted it last July). For some unknown reason, they gave us 120 days to submit it (most people are given 30 days) and so they never even looked at it until the end of November. (We submitted the report the day after we got the request). Now my partner's PCC was issued November 2016, so it has gone over a year and no longer valid. So he was asked to bring a new one to the interview, along with his driving record, again more than a year old and also submitted upfront. I think in an attempt to bypass the backlog, they started the background check in Mississauga, but unfortunately, all that did was to cause this miscommunication between them and the VO so that they missed the request for the RCMP fingerprint report. We have had some bad luck with our app's processing being delayed this way. But I am pretty sure that the security checks, even though it said not started in December in the GCMS notes is pretty much done (our info sharing is complete). On all three sets of notes, there were pages blanked out with security codes on them, so that they must have done searches but were not allowed to show the information. Besides my partner has no criminal history, so it shouldn't take that much longer after the interview, but who knows!

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
GUYS FINALLY MY HUSBAND RECEIVED HIS PPR EMAIL TODAY!!! We cannot believe it.. we are 2 weeks away from hitting the 12th month mark! Thank you god and good luck to all of you, do not loose hope.. i lost hope and thought about giving up a few days ago... but a surprise email today changed everything.. best of luck to all of you out there the feeling of excitement is unreal!

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
people here who have NDVO as their VO and with bgc status on gc key as Not Applicable. Have you guys got any updates yet?

Shaymiggy

Feb 26, 2018
GUYS FINALLY MY HUSBAND RECEIVED HIS PPR EMAIL TODAY!!! We cannot believe it.. we are 2 weeks away from hitting the 12th month mark! Thank you god and good luck to all of you, do not loose hope.. i lost hope and thought about giving up a few days ago... but a surprise email today changed everything.. best of luck to all of you out there the feeling of excitement is unreal!

That's awesome! Congrats to you both and blessings for the future!

Reactions: aladaw

maserati_elva

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Congrats you and your husband. Now, you guys can be relaxed. What’s your timeline again, please?

Moltoto

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Wooow CONGRATULATIONS dear
glad for you .. this is the best present for you and your babyon his/her first birthday :)
All my best wishes for you

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Congrats you and your husband. Now, you guys can be relaxed. What’s your timeline again, please?
Application received- March 14th
AOR -April 12
AOR2 ( sponsorship approval) - April 31st
Police certificate request- August 5th
Medical request- August 31st
Background check in progress- Nov 6th
PPR- Feb 28th

And thank you so much, best of luck to you!

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wooow CONGRATULATIONS dear
glad for you .. this is the best present for you and your babyon his/her first birthday :)
All my best wishes for you
It most defiantly is the best present for our boy's first birthday.. he'll finally meet his father.. thank you so much, appreciate it.. good luck with you guys :)

Reactions: yoge and Moltoto

maserati_elva

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Application received- March 14th
AOR -April 12
AOR2 ( sponsorship approval) - April 31st
Police certificate request- August 5th
Medical request- August 31st
Background check in progress- Nov 6th
PPR- Feb 28th

And thank you so much, best of luck to you!
My application was received on March 14th as well....account still shows “in process” When my journey will be over?