+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2017 *OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANT*

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi! I think I finally got my PPR...I'm American, so I just had to send a copy of my passport pages right? (let's hope so, because I sent that and the other stuff they asked for).
How long should I expect to wait between the PPR and receipt of COPR?

Also, when I use the online tool to check my status, it says decision made, but doesn't give me any hint of what the decision is. However, when I sign into GCKEY, it tells me they are still processing my background check. Is that normal? They sent me the PPR....don't they do that after they're done with the background check? Is my account messed up?
Dude, relax. CIC doesn't really update ECAS, GCkey in real time. You are done the whole process, and since they issued you PPR, that means your application has been approved. My status shows the same, and my ECAS was updated on Jan. 30, 2018 from "Application Received" to "In Process", and CIC even added a line stated that they started to process my application on Jan. 30, 2018. While I thought I may still need to wait at least couple of months, then on Feb. 01, 2018, my ECAS updated to "Decision Made" with no details about what decision I should be expected. And again, in the same day, I received a call from my lawyer to tell me that my case had been approved and he received PPR issued by Ottawa. So, I am 100% sure that your case had been approved. The next for you is COPR, it would probably take 2 weeks to a month, and landing.

aladaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi! I think I finally got my PPR...I'm American, so I just had to send a copy of my passport pages right? (let's hope so, because I sent that and the other stuff they asked for).
How long should I expect to wait between the PPR and receipt of COPR?

Also, when I use the online tool to check my status, it says decision made, but doesn't give me any hint of what the decision is. However, when I sign into GCKEY, it tells me they are still processing my background check. Is that normal? They sent me the PPR....don't they do that after they're done with the background check? Is my account messed up?[/QU

Congrats! When did you apply?

NEG1N

Jun 16, 2017
New Delhi. I'm so lost. Everyone in here has basically some sort of advancement In their files. Mine is just in process. And is still in background check. What is PPR? What is pre arrival letter that people keep mentioning?
Which Visa Office ?

Natalycobos

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Montréal
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
22/05/2023
Doc's Request.
23/05/2023
Passport Req..
20/06/2023
VISA ISSUED...
27/06/2023
New Delhi. I'm so lost. Everyone in here has basically some sort of advancement In their files. Mine is just in process. And is still in background check. What is PPR? What is pre arrival letter that people keep mentioning?
PPR means PassPort Request

The pre arrival letter is a letter sent via your GCkey account. It informs you of the services that are offered to the new permanent resident of Canada

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
hi, my wife got DM 1 Feb, also Gckey says the background in process.
How long until they send PPR?
VO is Singapore
thanks

ecas site says "
"If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence."

do they actually mail a letter or email?

Last edited:

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
How long does it take to attach additional documents via web form usually?

Ch2990

Jun 7, 2017
hi, my wife got DM 1 Feb, also Gckey says the background in process.
How long until they send PPR?
VO is Singapore
thanks

ecas site says "
"If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence."

do they actually mail a letter or email?
It will come by email

Criss1216

Feb 17, 2018
Hi, I am new here but I always read the threads for information. I am a March 28th applicant. Timeline as follows:

App sent to CPC: March 28
App received and opened: March 29
AOR: April 13
Sponsor Approved: April 21
Medical passed: May 9
BGC started: Somewhere in June
Additional Dox sent: July 5
Application sent to Manila VO: Oct. 7

Pre arrival email received: Jan. 11
Requested Valid NBi: Jan. 15
Valid NBI sent: Jan. 19
---since then, no update. We are close to 12 months and we are very anxious. Anybody has the same exepriene? Please give insight. Thank you!

Criss1216

Feb 17, 2018
Thank you! I really hope so, I am just staying positive. If you dont mind me asking, what is the status of your application now? Did you receive PPR yet?

Criss1216

Feb 17, 2018
Hello i can reply about 2 things your folder has been transfered to the manilla office in October so before this your eligibility and criminality and security was not started because all this started after your folder arrived to the visa office

About your pre arrival moment you received this this meaning you arrive in the end last step. You will receive good news soon because everyone i saw in forum received this since long years i follow more forums everyone received pre arrival received after that confirmation permanent resident so congratulations you will receive good news soon

Criss1216

Feb 17, 2018
Thank you! I really hope so, I am just staying positive. If you dont mind me asking, what is the status of your application now? Did you receive PPR yet?

Criss1216

Feb 17, 2018
Hello i can reply about 2 things your folder has been transfered to the manilla office in October so before this your eligibility and criminality and security was not started because all this started after your folder arrived to the visa office

About your pre arrival moment you received this this meaning you arrive in the end last step. You will receive good news soon because everyone i saw in forum received this since long years i follow more forums everyone received pre arrival received after that confirmation permanent resident so congratulations you will receive good news soon