Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Heroine said:
Ihave just packed too,70%finished..im planning to land on Nov 18

Will u ship anything or just suit cases?
I am shipping around 60 boxes and a piano.

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
O_guy said:
Eventually, your passport will end up at the VO which processed your application. However, there is something called Visa Application Center (VAC) which you can use to submit your passport to the VO. Take a look at the VAC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/vac.asp?utm_source=slash-vac&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=generic and see if there is a VAC in your area. If there isn't a VAC in your area, then use the best express mail service you can find in your area of residence to submit your passport. Some folks include a paid express envelope so that they can track it when the VO sends the passport back.
So we'll be submitting the passport through the VAC in Beirut. However, the letter they sent us says it will take a MINIMUM of 30 days to process. Ahhh! Is that usually true? I was hoping to book a flight for the beginning of December :(

Kasbal

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/03/2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014 SA (14-05-2014)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28/02/2014
Hi y'all

Just want to inform you that my husband landed yesterday.

He was in Canada since August 1st, but yesterday we went to Niagara Falls, NY for shopping and on our way back to Canada he signed all the required paper at the Canada Border and then landed.

The only question they asked him was to provide the address where he wants his PR to be mailed and a phone number where he can be reached at. Then, the officer said he will get his PR in 4 or 6 weeks. However, he should already apply for Health Card and SIN Card.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting.

Heroine

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 11,2014
AOR Received.
Apr 9,2014
File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
BunnyB said:
I am shipping around 60 boxes and a piano.
60boxes!!
thats huge!!!!

im shipping around 13 boxes and a piano

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kasbal said:
Hi y'all

Just want to inform you that my husband landed yesterday.

He was in Canada since August 1st, but yesterday we went to Niagara Falls, NY for shopping and on our way back to Canada he signed all the required paper at the Canada Border and then landed.

The only question they asked him was to provide the address where he wants his PR to be mailed and a phone number where he can be reached at. Then, the officer said he will get his PR in 4 or 6 weeks. However, he should already apply for Health Card and SIN Card.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting.
Congratulations. The spreadsheet is updated.

Gumby749

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Brunswick
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
Hi all, we got my wife's passport back today, together with all of our supporting documents and photos. The immigrant visa was inside the passport and they gave us until 10 January 2015 to land. The passport was returned via DHL 28 days after ECAS showed that we got Decision Made and exactly 3 months after the Canadian Embassy in Manila initially received the passport.

We intend to land in Toronto on 19 December and then head immediately east.

Would someone be kind enough to update the Excel sheet?

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gumby749 said:
Hi all, we got my wife's passport back today, together with all of our supporting documents and photos. The immigrant visa was inside the passport and they gave us until 10 January 2015 to land. The passport was returned via DHL 28 days after ECAS showed that we got Decision Made and exactly 3 months after the Canadian Embassy in Manila initially received the passport.

We intend to land in Toronto on 19 December and then head immediately east.

Would someone be kind enough to update the Excel sheet?

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Congratulations Gumby. I added the visa receipt date in the spreadsheet but not the landed information since it has not happened yet. Hopefully you will keep us informed.

KRM

Feb 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
ComeHomeAlready said:
My husband got the request for 2 additional police certificates during the application process. I think mostly to assure that he didn't go on a crime spree after sending in the clean record :) He had nothing to hide, but I agree that it's a total pain!

He landed a week ago so it's not necessarily a negative thing.
Thanks for the reassurance! We sent the second one in right away...

KRM

Feb 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
My wife just gave birth to our second son on Wednesday. I'm wondering if this will slow down our application (we applied outland, we live in Korea, I'm a Cdn citizen, she Korean). I was really hoping she got approved before the baby came.

In any case, I know I have to inform CIC of the birth of a child. Should I do so by sending a letter to Mississauga or Manila (where our file is being processed)? Manila seems the obvious choice, but the initial email from CIC states any changes to our situation (e.g. birth of child) should be communicated to processing center in Mississauga.

Also....anyone else know whether this will hinder our application in any way? I plan to state specifically in the letter that the birth of this child in no way alters our relocation plans.

Thanks in advance!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRM said:
My wife just gave birth to our second son on Wednesday. I'm wondering if this will slow down our application (we applied outland, we live in Korea, I'm a Cdn citizen, she Korean). I was really hoping she got approved before the baby came.

In any case, I know I have to inform CIC of the birth of a child. Should I do so by sending a letter to Mississauga or Manila (where our file is being processed)? Manila seems the obvious choice, but the initial email from CIC states any changes to our situation (e.g. birth of child) should be communicated to processing center in Mississauga.

Also....anyone else know whether this will hinder our application in any way? I plan to state specifically in the letter that the birth of this child in no way alters our relocation plans.

Thanks in advance!
Send an email to the Manila VO. I think "Case Specific" email is faster. Simple Google "Cast specific Enquiry manila CIC office"

Gumby749

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Brunswick
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
O_guy said:
Congratulations Gumby. I added the visa receipt date in the spreadsheet but not the landed information since it has not happened yet. Hopefully you will keep us informed.
I will be sure to update folks and let them know about the landing process and getting a PR card. Hopefully we'll be back on here in a few years following the citizenship timeline too.

KRM

Feb 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
O_guy said:
Send an email to the Manila VO. I think "Case Specific" email is faster. Simple Google "Cast specific Enquiry manila CIC office"
This was awesome time-saving advice....thanks a million! I just shot off the email. I'm not sure whether they'll require a birth certificate from the hospital, etc., but hopefully they'll let me know. Normally, I would have just included it to be on the safe side, but we haven't gotten it yet.

Thanks again!

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Hey all!

We got our passport back with the visa in it in 3 days :)

Our flight is booked for December 13th, to Calgary! :)

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014