+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2014 OUTLAND APPLICANTS

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angryrectangle said:
Got an email for PPR today!!!! It says a decision has been made, and your visa will be valid until March 2015.

I couldn't believe it! I started crying in the middle of the street!!

Funnily enough, ECAS is still showing 'Application received'...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I remember you were one of the first few people who started posting on this March forum. I'm very happy for you. If there is a VAC there, use it to submit your passport. That is much faster than just mailing it in.

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
O_guy said:
BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I remember you were one of the first few people who started posting on this March forum. I'm very happy for you. If there is a VAC there, use it to submit your passport. That is much faster than just mailing it in.
Thank you so much! We have definitely been through hell, but we are finally getting out!!

Also, thanks for the tip! I assumed mailing was the fastest way.. We can either pick it up in Amman or Beirut I guess (the VO is Amman) but the email said we have to drop it off and wait for a pick-up date. Do you think it's faster to have them send it to another VO, then? Would we still have to wait awhilebetween dropping it off and picking it up? We most definitely want the fastest possible way!

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
i never visited this forum before.. but i wanted to let u guys know.
i applied through new delhI, INDIA..
am a march 31st applicant.
wife got her PPR on NOV-3. Went into IP on 30th OCT.

TOTAL TIME -- 7 MONTHS 3 DAYS...
all the best people..

cheers,
SAMMY

M

mikeymyke

My final GCMS notes came in today. These are their last words on our file:

GCMS search nothing adverse on PA; issued TRV by HCMC in Jul 2014. Sponsor born in Cda. Identity satisfactory documentation provided. Eligibility Sponsorship: First sponsorship & marriage for sponsor.

Summary of Assessment: Met and made contact Apr 24, 2012. Thereafter communicated via Yahoo messenger. First met during sponsor's trip to VN in Dec 2012. They agreed to be a couple in June 2012. He proposed on her birthday at a restaurant in HCMC. Sponsor returned to VN Dec 10, 2013. Married Dec 30, 2013. Both families present. Ceremony traditional Viet. Two honeymoon trips to Phan Thiet and KL. Sponsor returned to Cda Feb 8, 2014. PA spent 2 years in USA on two separate occasions: to study English and graphic design. The second to travel. PA's parents living; no sponsorable siblings. One bro in Australia. Decision: Approved. Criminality: Viet police cert dated 04-03-2014. No adverse record. FBI search dated 30-01-2014. no adverse record. Medical: Meds passed M-1. Valid 24-01-2015.

NEXT STEPS: Req passport for visa issuance.
This is what the GCMS looks like when they're ready to give your visa after you've passed all background and medical checks. These were the notes from Officer #2, Officer #1 mentioned almost the same things listed here. One thing to note for Officer #2 is they noticed that my wife got approved for a TRV recently (thanks to O_guy for pointing out that he's never seen a TRV approved spouse get interview or refused for PR application). Both made note of the fact that both our families attended wedding, had traditional Viet ceremony, and had 2 honeymoons. They always mentioned the fact she has a brother in Australia and she has been to the USA before.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angryrectangle said:
Thank you so much! We have definitely been through hell, but we are finally getting out!!

Also, thanks for the tip! I assumed mailing was the fastest way.. We can either pick it up in Amman or Beirut I guess (the VO is Amman) but the email said we have to drop it off and wait for a pick-up date. Do you think it's faster to have them send it to another VO, then? Would we still have to wait a while between dropping it off and picking it up? We most definitely want the fastest possible way!
Eventually, your passport will end up at the VO which processed your application. However, there is something called Visa Application Center (VAC) which you can use to submit your passport to the VO. Take a look at the VAC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/vac.asp?utm_source=slash-vac&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=generic and see if there is a VAC in your area. If there isn't a VAC in your area, then use the best express mail service you can find in your area of residence to submit your passport. Some folks include a paid express envelope so that they can track it when the VO sends the passport back.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mikey, thanks for sharing that with us. Interesting to see how they evaluate and summarize the relationship.

Gumby749

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Brunswick
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
mikeymyke said:
My final GCMS notes came in today. These are their last words on our file:

This is what the GCMS looks like when they're ready to give your visa after you've passed all background and medical checks. These were the notes from Officer #2, Officer #1 mentioned almost the same things listed here. One thing to note for Officer #2 is they noticed that my wife got approved for a TRV recently (thanks to O_guy for pointing out that he's never seen a TRV approved spouse get interview or refused for PR application). Both made note of the fact that both our families attended wedding, had traditional Viet ceremony, and had 2 honeymoons. They always mentioned the fact she has a brother in Australia and she has been to the USA before.
It was interesting to read this and see what they seem to consider of importance. Thanks for posting.

Gumby749

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
New Brunswick
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
Heroine said:
hi guys,i got my DM2 on oct 29
im still waiting for my pp back,how long does it take to get my pp back normally?
I'm wondering the same thing. We went through Manila and got DM on 17 Oct, but no sign of the passport being returned yet. It would be nice to have a tracking number or something to know whether it is sitting in an office somewhere or actually in the system.

KRM

Feb 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Hi everyone,

Nice to see some happy stories on here!

My wife and I also applied in March. We live in Korea and applied through Manila. I'm a Canadian citizen and she's Korean. I was approved as a sponsor a while back, and our ECAS status is "In Process". We were contacted for additional documents in August, which we sent immediately.

I got an email from the Manila office yesterday...when I saw it I thought we had gotten approval for sure! Unfortunately, it was just a request for another police certificate!! What's that all about? We submitted one in March with the original application and I didn't know it would 'expire' so quickly. Has anyone else experienced this? Or two separate requests for additional documents (months between each other)? The most frustrating thing is the email doesn't explain why the second police certificate is required. For example, if the first was deficient in some manner we'd like to know that so we could do it properly this time. Grrr....Below is the email from the Manila office.

Any help is appreciated!

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing the application you must submit the required document(s). Enclosed you will find a copy of the letter listing the required document(s) and detailed instructions.

Please note that the police certificate must indicate that all records have been searched, including any lapsed records. Original police certificate(s) must be submitted.

Heroine

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 11,2014
AOR Received.
Apr 9,2014
File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
Gumby749 said:
I'm wondering the same thing. We went through Manila and got DM on 17 Oct, but no sign of the passport being returned yet. It would be nice to have a tracking number or something to know whether it is sitting in an office somewhere or actually in the system.
i sent out my pp on sept 9..sad

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
hello guys...

My application got updated to IN PROCESS yesterday!!

Thanks
KanSri

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
can you please update the spreadsheet....for my case?

and calgary man's timeline is as follows...
In process 23-Sep-2014
Decision Made 14-Oct-2014
Passport requested 13-Oct-2014

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Hey guys. I got my GCMS notes last week and it looks like we are waiting for an interview however... The actual note says... "Pls add to Nicaragua queue for interview and request additional evidence of relationship."

My husband is Costa rican. Does anyone know why it would say Nicaragua instead? Does anyone know where I could get information on how long the wait is for an interview?

I finally mailed in an update package yesterday. It should be there in 2 weeks. Beginning of December I'll order notes again.

Edit: I already posted my question in the Mexico thread, no one replied. I've rarely seen any 'veteran' members posting in that thread, usually just current applicants. I've also hardly talked to anyone on there who isn't Mexican. Any information would be helpful.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:
Hey guys. I got my GCMS notes last week and it looks like we are waiting for an interview however... The actual note says... "Pls add to Nicaragua queue for interview and request additional evidence of relationship."

My husband is Costa rican. Does anyone know why it would say Nicaragua instead? Does anyone know where I could get information on how long the wait is for an interview?
I would not worry about that because the interview will be at the VO where his application is being processed. It is possible that a CIC officer from the Nicaragua office is responsible interviewing sponsorship applicants in certain geographical area. If that is the case, then that CIC officer will go to the Costa Rica VO to conduct the interview.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kan_Sri said:
can you please update the spreadsheet....for my case?

and calgary man's timeline is as follows...
In process 23-Sep-2014
Decision Made 14-Oct-2014
Passport requested 13-Oct-2014
Congratulations. The spreadsheet is updated for you.