+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2014 OUTLAND APPLICANTS

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since this does not seem to exist yet, I'm starting this threat. If you know how to make one of those spreadsheets, Please set it up for those like myself who submitted spousal sponsorship in March. Thank you.

UPDATE: Thanks to Zarilenth, here is the link to the Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApwgGzgVNdUkdF9tN1RIYU9BWmxfWFFPTkdreDB0ckE#gid=0 Feel free to add your own timeline if you submitted your application in March.

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Great that this one exists now, I also just applied. I have no idea about the spreadsheet though, so hopefully someone else can make one!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Okay. Here is the beginning of your spreadsheet. Right now anyone can edit/add to it, but it's better than nothing! Working on the values - for example total number of days since application has been received, days between AOR and SA, etc. Let me know if you need any help. If someone wants to volunteer to look after it I can transfer it so that only they can edit it.

March 2014 Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApwgGzgVNdUkdF9tN1RIYU9BWmxfWFFPTkdreDB0ckE#gid=0

Lomi90

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
File Transfer...
17-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
26-02-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2015 (copr)
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Thank a bunch! I am the worst with these kind of things, so I worked in it myself but shouldn't volunteer to take care of it myself :p

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Lomi90 said:
Thank a bunch! I am the worst with these kind of things, so I worked in it myself but shouldn't volunteer to take care of it myself :p
Heyy no problem! First applicant, looking good! :D

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zarilenth said:
Okay. Here is the beginning of your spreadsheet. Right now anyone can edit/add to it, but it's better than nothing! Working on the values - for example total number of days since application has been received, days between AOR and SA, etc. Let me know if you need any help. If someone wants to volunteer to look after it I can transfer it so that only they can edit it.

March 2014 Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApwgGzgVNdUkdF9tN1RIYU9BWmxfWFFPTkdreDB0ckE#gid=0
Thank you very much. Yes, I think it is okay to give everyone the ability to edit because I'm personally too busy with work to maintain the spreadsheet, so it is simply easier for people to add their own timelines.

Thanks again.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
13 days into the month and only 2 people have indicated they submitted spouse sponsorship. Processing the applications of this month should be fast then, right?

Or perhaps the March applicants are hiding somewhere else...

emalex

Feb 25, 2014
I sent my application yesterday via canada post x-press... So I'm still waiting for the whole confirmation and to make sure they won't send me my application back.
I am leaving the Quebec part of the process ready in case things go well as we hope! I'm so nervous about having done something wrong. But at the same time we sent everything we had so it'a out of our hands now.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to this March threat, emalex. Keep us posted on how the process goes for you.

emalex

Feb 25, 2014
O_guy said:
Welcome to this March threat, emalex. Keep us posted on how the process goes for you.
Thanks O_guy, once I get a delivery confirmation I'll add my data to the spreadsheet so we all can keep track of how things are going! So what kind of sponsorship are you guys applying for?
we are doing common-law and we are a bit nervous about it, but at least we are both together in Canada for now.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read a few postings and I got the feeling that most people are applying for spouse sponsorship. Common-law is more difficult to proof. But you never know which application they will approve and which one they will deny. I have a friend who submitted thousands of pages of conversations he had with his wife and the lady who interviewed them said all of that conversation was useless. So his application to sponsor his wife was denied. I think a lot of this is about which Visa Officer gets your application.

emalex

Feb 25, 2014
Yeah. It's never clear what the criteria is. Our application will be processed in Sao Paulo. At least we are luck that we've been in a relationship for about 31 months and have only been apart for 4.5 months in the middle. We've been living together now for 20 months, and I'm allowed to stay and work here for at least another 5 months. Although we sent conversations and phone call logs, we focused on our address proofs, joint account, proof of shared expenses, family letters and things that would actually prove the relationship and the common-law. But as I said. Now it's up to them and it's out of our hands! We consider each other married and live and share our lives as such, we just hope that we were able to show them that.
But sorry about changing the topic subject. We just get very anxious and like to hear other people's stories as well!
I hope we all have a nice timeline!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mentioned letters from your family. Well, it would also help great deal if you can get letters form people in your community, your church, your neighborhood, etc who have known you two as a couple for over 12 months. Even though you submitted the application, you can still collect more evidence that proof your relationship and take that evidence to the interview, because there will most likely be an interview.

emalex

Feb 25, 2014
Wow I thought if everything was sent properly it most likely there would not be an interview. But we are preparing for it too. If I am called for an interview, my boyfriend and I will go back home so I can attend to the interview and so he can finally meet my family in person. We are planing to g back home in vacation regardless of being called to the interview, but we need to know if we are going to be called first so we do not have to spend the money to travel twice.

We are not part of churches or community activities, so basically only our friends, family and co-workers are able to write us letters. His mother's letter was a nice one, because she is like a mom to me, and we lived with her for a year, it was also certified by a commissioner of oaths. But we keeping everything that comes in case we need to send more evidence, more insurance letters, we are soon opening another joint account to better manage the house expenses and to start to save for our vacation and future house purchase.

But we sent proof of living together for at least 12 consecutive months. They have records, that since we were dating, every single time I requested a visa extension, since the first one in 2011, my relationship with him was mentioned to immigration. When I came back to Canada he even sent me an invitation letter that went along with my visa request. I even showed that same letter to the immigration officer that interviewed me at the airport when I landed here again in mid-2012, and he did not keep me from staying even though I came 3 months before my school started. Our first joint account exists for over a year too, and it's a savings one, but it's active and we sent all statements. We sent proof of purchases made together to the house when we moved to our own place, of shared expenses, of emotional support.

I understand that might be an interview, but so they can can understand our story in case we weren't clear. We did the whole application in less than 2 months with no professional help, we might have a few gaps here and there for not being experts in how the professional do it, but we did it ourselves and organized the way that it seemed to be more clear and easy to go through. we don't have tons of pictures together, cause we never think of taking picture, we enjoy the moment and are not too fond of facebook and all, but we sent all kinds of proof to compensate for any possible gaps.

But thanks for the tip, We will for sure keep on saving every new evidence that comes to be 100% ready for an interview!
I just tracked my application and it's out for delivery, so I will update the spreadsheet with our info today!

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Guys!

I have updated the spreadsheet with my details as well...Good Luck to all the guys!

Thanks
Kan_Sri