Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
polarbear said:
Hello emailekale:

My local office is Scarborough, It is the fastest local office in Canada.

2014 applications are getting processed at rocket speed.

I very rarely see people getting RQ'S in 2014.

May be CIC has changed it's policies on RQ'S.

My friend who applied in 2012, his application is still in processing :-X

Nice to hear from you... :)

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
prsh_patel said:
1) Sent the file on 3rd March, CIC Recd it on 6th March
2) Processing started April 15
3) Received the test book May 29th

mdcic

Jul 29, 2014
Received: March 6, 2014
Application in process: April 16,2014
Test date: September 23, 2014
Oath date: October 1, 2014

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdcic said:
Received: March 6, 2014
Application in process: April 16,2014
Oath date: October 1, 2014
Hey - congrats on your oath!
Can you tell us
1) Which office did you do your test / interview?

2) What were the interview questions asked? How long did it take? Pls describe the process.

Thx

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
Hello All

While I am happy for all those who have had their oath (March Applicant), i am cheesed off due to no movement in my application, despite receiving my appl at the local office on 14 August no communication to date. I am concerned that I may be in for the long haul, had plans to travel to set up offices in other countries once citizenship is granted- guess it has to wait.

Good Luck to all of those waiting

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Hi everybody

My application is a family (My daughter and me as adults and my son and other daughter as a miners).
I sent the application in September 2013, but they returned it many times for some missing documents for me and the children, only the adult daughter's documents was completed. The receiving dates of the document are different. We are in Mississauga.

This is my time line :
Received: March 5, 2014
Application in process: April 11,2014
Oath date: September 29, 2014

This is my daughter's time line:
Received: November 25, 2014

After we did the test in Mississauga Office, they called all the applicants who did the test in that time (9:45 am) and we went to the same test hall, they told us to prepare 5 things (Landing paper, Passport, PR card, Driver Licence and Health card).
Then they started calling one by one (there were 4 officers inside the hall and almost other 4 outside).
We were called (My daughter and me) by an officer, he was very nice and smiley face. He welcomed us and gave us the test result which was 19 both of us.
He looked at our file and said you have 0 days absence and this make his job easy :) . then he checked our cards, landing papers. Also he checked the passports, I was surprised because the passport checking was very very fast.
He asked about our married status or if we have children, working or not, ask my daughter what she is studying and other very normal conversation.
He left us 2 minutes them came back, congratulated us and gave us the Oath invitations.
The interview took almost 10-15 minutes.

Thats it.

I hope a good luck and easy processing for all of you.
Thanks to the creators of this forum and to every one wrote in this forum to help others.

Any question I am ready to answer.

Bye for now

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eazeetrade said:
Hello All

While I am happy for all those who have had their oath (March Applicant), i am cheesed off due to no movement in my application, despite receiving my appl at the local office on 14 August no communication to date. I am concerned that I may be in for the long haul, had plans to travel to set up offices in other countries once citizenship is granted- guess it has to wait.

If you re worried because your application was received 40 days ago and still didn't hear from them let me tell you you re wrong. It's toooo early to worry, check June thread and you will see people getting AOR after 60 day or more.
If you re concerned because you can't wait to go overseas and open busineses once citizenship is granted, then I don't blame you. One piece of advice though, don't ever tell them if asked that you intend to go overseas once citizenship granted.

ahmadk909

May 19, 2014
Eazeetrade said:
Hello All

Don't be disheartened ask for your atip or privacy act notes you will know exactly where your file is. It costs $5 and takes one month

ahmadk909

May 19, 2014
meeemeee said:
Hi everybody

My application is a family (My daughter and me as adults and my son and other daughter as a miners).
I sent the application in September 2013, but they returned it many times for some missing documents for me and the children, only the adult daughter's documents was completed. The receiving dates of the document are different. We are in Mississauga.

This is my time line :
Received: March 5, 2014

This is my daughter's time line:
Received: November 25, 2014

After we did the test in Mississauga Office, they call all the applicants who did the test in that time (9:45 am) and went to the same test hall and tolled us to prepare 5 things (Landing paper, Passport, PR card, Driver Licence and Health card).
Then they started calling one by one (there were 4 officers inside the hall and almost other 4 outside).
We were called (My daughter and me) by an officer, he was very nice and smiley face. He welcomed us and gave us the test result which was 19 both of us.
He looked at our file and said you have 0 days absence and this make his job easy :) . then he checked our cards, landing paper. Also he checked the passport, I was surprised because the passport checking was very very fast.
He asked about our married status or if we have children, working or not, ask my daughter what she is studying and other vary normal conversation.
He left us 2 minutes them came back, congratulated us and gave us the Oath invitations.
The interview took almost 10-15 minutes.

Thats it.

I hope a good luck and easy processing for all of you.
Thanks to the creators of this forum and to every one wrote in this forum to help others.

Any I am ready to answer.

Bye for now

Congratulations :D :D

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amnarb said:
I just completed my oath ceremony at Scarborough and am glad to finally be a Canadian citizen! I wish everyone a speedy process and good luck!

Timeline:

App received 03-14-14
In process: 04-25-14
Test date: 9-12-14
Oath date: 9-23-2014

Total time- 6 months and 9 days

Congrats bud!
your timeline and mine is almost same only 15 days diffence

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadk909 said:
Hi Guys,

I went for my Oath ceremony yesterday took the oath and became a bonifide Canadian Citizen. I cant explain the feelings of joy i had when they called out my name to come and collect the certificate. i hope everyone has the same feelings. i was overwhelmed by joy. any way my time line is as follows 6 months and one day. i think Mississauga office is faster by two weeks PB :p

Total Processing Time: Exactly (6 months and 1 days)

Application Received: March 21st, 2014

Processing Started: April 30th, 2014

Received line disappeared: Sometime in July

File Transferred to local office: Do not know

File Received in Local office: Do not know

Test date letter received: August 14th

Test date: September 16th, 2014

Oath Letter: September 16th (Received immediately after the interview)

Oath Date: September 22th (Monday)

Best Wishes to everyone who was with me on this journey hope all goes well for everyone. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Congratulations...............