LFer

Star Member
Jul 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello March 2014 folks:

How r u guys,

Its been a long time, so first I say sorry for the late reply.

I finished my Citizenship Exam and Immigration Interview in Scarborough CIC office on September 5th.

I got 19 out of 20 in my Citizenship Test.

My Immigration interview was very smooth. The immigration officer was very humble and with a smiling face she took me interview.

The total interview was about 5 to 7 minutes for me, but I saw other officers taking interview 10 to 15 minutes for other applicants.

When the officer said that she wants to check the passport stamps, I gave her a copy of CBSA record along with my passport, the officer was very happy to see the CBSA record. She checked all the stamps and compared with the CBSA records and to my surprise she gave me a pink letter, guess what, it was a OATH letter. I never thought Scarborough issues Oath letter the same day. I was very surprised.

There was total 6 immigration officers taking interviews, and I got interviewed by the best and humble officer.

The officer asked are you available for the Oath Ceremony on September 20th. I said yes, she immediately fixed September 20th.

I had so many days of sleepless nights about seeing so many people in 2012 and 2013 getting RQ's, and I feel myself very lucky that my file has been processed in 6 months without any RQ's or Queries.

From my personal experience, folks, take a copy of CBSA record to your interview.

Finally My Timeline:

Total Processing Time: Exactly (6 months and 15 days)

Application Received: March 5th, 2014

Processing Started: April 15th, 2014

Received line disappeared: July 13th (Sunday morning)

File Transferred to local office: July 28th

File Received in Local office: August 7th

Test date letter received: August 14th

Test date: September 5th

Oath Letter: September 5th (Received immediately after the interview)

Oath Date: September 20th.

:-X

polarear, 1st congrats... 2nd you mentioned that based on your experience it's better if we have our CBSA report with us but at the same time i read in some posts that there was a warning at the time of application not to ask for that report from CBSA...

I applied in June and i'm not sure if my application had that warning or not... Should i ask for the CBSA report just in case?

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
LFer said:
polarear, 1st congrats... 2nd you mentioned that based on your experience it's better if we have our CBSA report with us but at the same time i read in some posts that there was a warning at the time of application not to ask for that report from CBSA...

I applied in June and i'm not sure if my application had that warning or not... Should i ask for the CBSA report just in case?
Yes, Order for CBSA record and keep it with you. It is just 5$. You will get it in 4 to 6 weeks.

Take it to your interview, when the officer checks your passport, just hand it over to the officer.

It is nothing wrong in ordering one. It comes under "Right to Information Act".

All the Best 8)

The_ottawa

May 15, 2014
polarbear said:
Yes, Order for CBSA record and keep it with you. It is just 5$. You will get it in 4 to 6 weeks.

Take it to your interview, when the officer checks your passport, just hand it over to the officer.

All the Best 8)
Dear All,

I know that The information is on the internet but I wanted to double check.

How do I order the CBSA record?

Thanks

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
polarbear said:
Hello March 2014 folks:

How r u guys,

Its been a long time, so first I say sorry for the late reply.

I finished my Citizenship Exam and Immigration Interview in Scarborough CIC office on September 5th.

I got 19 out of 20 in my Citizenship Test.

My Immigration interview was very smooth. The immigration officer was very humble and with a smiling face she took me interview.

The total interview was about 5 to 7 minutes for me, but I saw other officers taking interview 10 to 15 minutes for other applicants.

When the officer said that she wants to check the passport stamps, I gave her a copy of CBSA record along with my passport, the officer was very happy to see the CBSA record. She checked all the stamps and compared with the CBSA records and to my surprise she gave me a pink letter, guess what, it was a OATH letter. I never thought Scarborough issues Oath letter the same day. I was very surprised.

There was total 6 immigration officers taking interviews, and I got interviewed by the best and humble officer.

The officer asked are you available for the Oath Ceremony on September 20th. I said yes, she immediately fixed September 20th.

I had so many days of sleepless nights about seeing so many people in 2012 and 2013 getting RQ's, and I feel myself very lucky that my file has been processed in 6 months without any RQ's or Queries.

From my personal experience, folks, take a copy of CBSA record to your interview.

Finally My Timeline:

Total Processing Time: Exactly (6 months and 15 days)

Application Received: March 5th, 2014

Processing Started: April 15th, 2014

Received line disappeared: July 13th (Sunday morning)

File Transferred to local office: July 28th

File Received in Local office: August 7th

Test date letter received: August 14th

Test date: September 5th

Oath Letter: September 5th (Received immediately after the interview)

Oath Date: September 20th.

:-X

Contrazzz brother... Im so happy for u... im still waiting the OATH... probably its gonna take little bit longer...

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:

All the Best 8)

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
The_ottawa said:
Dear All,

I know that The information is on the internet but I wanted to double check.

Thanks
Hello Ottawa:

Check this, http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

all the best :)

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Nomi2012 said:
Hello Nomi2012:

Check this: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

Toronto2014

May 28, 2014
polarbear said:

All the Best 8)
Thanks Polarbear,

One stamp is missing in my passport, I will request a CBSA record. Hopefully I will get it on time, because my file is already in Mississauga.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
polarbear said:
Hello Nomi2012:

Check this: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

Another related question .What details did you provide for the following question for CBSA records.I need to make sure that my application is processed without any delay .Thanks

*Requests must include sufficient detail to enable an experienced employee of the CBSA, with a reasonable effort, to identify the records that are being requested. Examples include, but are not limited to, time periods, file numbers, client identifiers, file names, report titles, locations (office, port of entry or region/branch), names of individuals, passport numbers, dates of birth (if requesting traveller history or immigration files).

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
informatics said:
Another related question .What details did you provide for the following question for CBSA records.I need to make sure that my application is processed without any delay .Thanks

*Requests must include sufficient detail to enable an experienced employee of the CBSA, with a reasonable effort, to identify the records that are being requested. Examples include, but are not limited to, time periods, file numbers, client identifiers, file names, report titles, locations (office, port of entry or region/branch), names of individuals, passport numbers, dates of birth (if requesting traveller history or immigration files).
Hello Informatics:

First specify clearly from which period to which period you need travel history information's, then include the following,

SUBJECT: travel history: (example: from date of landing to application date)

Dear sir/madam,

As I am applying for bla, bla, bla, ....... I need a copy of the CBSA report. Please send me a copy to my below address

address:

bla bla ............

I have hereby enclosed a cheque of 5$ along with my request.

please kindly process my request and send me the document at the earliest as possible,

with regards,
you name and signature.

first name:

last name:

date of birth:

pr card number:

cliet id no:

port of entry: (example: pearson international airport, toronto)

current passport number:

expired passport number:

hope this helps ;D

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Nomi2012:

Thanks a loooooooooooooooooooooot Polarbear