+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called cic today....my file was received by the scarborough office on 3rd of September. When should I expect my test letter?

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wrote my test today at Scarborough. Got a perfect score and had a 10 minute interview with the officer. She verified my documents and asked a few basic questions about what I do. She had my file in front of her and I noticed while she was verifying the dates in the residence calculator form, she was marking them off based on my passport stamps. I noticed she hadn't ticked a few as there were a few trips to the US by land which didn't have entry stamps. Luckily, I had my CBSA report with me as when I applied, the citizenship application form did not have the explicit warning to not apply to CBSA on your own for your report. The officer asked to keep the CBSA report which she added to my file. She then congratulated me and said to expect the oath notice in 2 to 3 months.

Studying wise I read discover canada a few times and did some online tests. Now let's see how long the oath takes. Just wanted to say thanks a bunch to all the helpful members of this forum! Your guidance and support were invaluable and I wish us all the best of luck with our journey to citizenship!

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fairooz said:
Wrote my test today at Scarborough. Got a perfect score and had a 10 minute interview with the officer. She verified my documents and asked a few basic questions about what I do. She had my file in front of her and I noticed while she was verifying the dates in the residence calculator form, she was marking them off based on my passport stamps. I noticed she hadn't ticked a few as there were a few trips to the US by land which didn't have entry stamps. Luckily, I had my CBSA report with me as when I applied, the citizenship application form did not have the explicit warning to not apply to CBSA on your own for your report. The officer asked to keep the CBSA report which she added to my file. She then congratulated me and said to expect the oath notice in 2 to 3 months.

Studying wise I read discover canada a few times and did some online tests. Now let's see how long the oath takes. Just wanted to say thanks a bunch to all the helpful members of this forum! Your guidance and support were invaluable and I wish us all the best of luck with our journey to citizenship!
Congrats..............
Whould you mind sharing your timeline coupled with the questions she asked you....(As many as you remember)

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in march and the consent box for Cbsa was there strange...
I do not get why CIC officers do not have the cbsa report at hand at time of interview

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright everyone... Long time lurker on the forum

I got a test invite today. I'm a March applicant who received a fingerprint request as part of the process. I thought my application would be a "non-routine" application that would go well into 3 years... well today I got a notification to do a test and go for an interview :)

Here is my stats:

Application sent by courier: 2014-03-14
Application received by CIC in Sydney: 2014-03-18
File transferred to Mississauga: not sure when.
Processing office: Mississauga
AOR received / CIC started processing application: Early May 2014
Fingerprint requested and processed by RCMP: Early August 2014
Test notification received: Today
Test date scheduled: Last week of September 2014!

I live and work in downtown Toronto, but I travel quite often for work and pleasure to the USA and Europe (over 32 short trips). Given the numerous amount of trips, I provided additional documentation to support my trips and residency in Canada. I've lived here under student status, work permit, and PR since 2002. I'll let you guys know how the interview went in a few weeks time!

Also ECAS does not show my test notification. But I got it in the mail today!

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
coolifrs said:
Alright everyone... Long time lurker on the forum

I got a test invite today. I'm a March applicant who received a fingerprint request as part of the process. I thought my application would be a "non-routine" application that would go well into 3 years... well today I got a notification to do a test and go for an interview :)

Here is my stats:

Application sent by courier: 2014-03-14
Application received by CIC in Sydney: 2014-03-18
File transferred to Mississauga: not sure when.
Processing office: Mississauga
AOR received / CIC started processing application: Early May 2014
Fingerprint requested and processed by RCMP: Early August 2014
Test notification received: Today
Test date scheduled: Last week of September 2014!

I live and work in downtown Toronto, but I travel quite often for work and pleasure to the USA and Europe (over 32 short trips). Given the numerous amount of trips, I provided additional documentation to support my trips and residency in Canada. I've lived here under student status, work permit, and PR since 2002. I'll let you guys know how the interview went in a few weeks time!

Also ECAS does not show my test notification. But I got it in the mail today!
Has your received line disappeared on your ecas? I am just trying to figure out if indeed there is a connection between the disappearance of that famous line and transfer of file to local office.
Congrats..

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zsha said:
Has your received line disappeared on your ecas? I am just trying to figure out if indeed there is a connection between the disappearance of that famous line and transfer of file to local office.
Congrats..
yes it has, quite some time ago. it used to be two lines - now only one "in process" line.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi2012 said:
Congrats..............
Whould you mind sharing your timeline coupled with the questions she asked you....(As many as you remember)
Thank you! Here's my timeline:
Received March 5
In progress April 11
Received Line disappeared July 14.
Test invite: August 19
Test: 5 September

She asked me 3 questions: what I do, if I've been in trouble in the law and if I've travelled since I came to canada.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fairooz said:
Received March 5
In progress April 11

She asked me 3 questions: what I do, if I've been in trouble in the law and if I've travelled since I came to canada.
Thanks for sharing.

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
fairooz said:

Congrats and thank you for sharing.

Sharkfin

Apr 22, 2014
Just had my oath today at Scarborough. Good luck to everyone, the wait is worth it! :)

Timeline:
Received: 03-10-2014
In Process: 04-16-2014
AOR: 06-02-2014
Received line disappeared: 07-10-2014
Test: 08-18-2014
Oath: 09-06-2014

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fairooz said:
Received March 5
In progress April 11

Thanks a lot...

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi2012 said:
Called cic today....my file was received by the scarborough office on 3rd of September. When should I expect my test letter?
hi.............

Called cic ....my file was received by the scarborough office on 3rd of September. When should I expect my test letter?

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi2012 said:
hi.............

Called cic ....my file was received by the scarborough office on 3rd of September. When should I expect my test letter?
Don't expect anything much. When I expected a test letter I got a fingerprint request instead. Then.. after submitting fingerprint request and expecting to wait a while as a non-routine applicant, I got a test letter :) Just relax and you'll get there eventually :)