+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fairooz said:
Wrote my test today at Scarborough. Got a perfect score and had a 10 minute interview with the officer. She verified my documents and asked a few basic questions about what I do. She had my file in front of her and I noticed while she was verifying the dates in the residence calculator form, she was marking them off based on my passport stamps. I noticed she hadn't ticked a few as there were a few trips to the US by land which didn't have entry stamps. Luckily, I had my CBSA report with me as when I applied, the citizenship application form did not have the explicit warning to not apply to CBSA on your own for your report. The officer asked to keep the CBSA report which she added to my file. She then congratulated me and said to expect the oath notice in 2 to 3 months.

Studying wise I read discover canada a few times and did some online tests. Now let's see how long the oath takes. Just wanted to say thanks a bunch to all the helpful members of this forum! Your guidance and support were invaluable and I wish us all the best of luck with our journey to citizenship!
Congratulations fairooz!
Thank you for sharing your experience…

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolifrs said:
Alright everyone... Long time lurker on the forum

I got a test invite today. I'm a March applicant who received a fingerprint request as part of the process. I thought my application would be a "non-routine" application that would go well into 3 years... well today I got a notification to do a test and go for an interview :)

Here is my stats:

Application sent by courier: 2014-03-14
Application received by CIC in Sydney: 2014-03-18
File transferred to Mississauga: not sure when.
Processing office: Mississauga
AOR received / CIC started processing application: Early May 2014
Fingerprint requested and processed by RCMP: Early August 2014
Test notification received: Today
Test date scheduled: Last week of September 2014!

I live and work in downtown Toronto, but I travel quite often for work and pleasure to the USA and Europe (over 32 short trips). Given the numerous amount of trips, I provided additional documentation to support my trips and residency in Canada. I've lived here under student status, work permit, and PR since 2002. I'll let you guys know how the interview went in a few weeks time!

Also ECAS does not show my test notification. But I got it in the mail today!
Congratulations buddy!!!

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolifrs said:
Don't expect anything much. When I expected a test letter I got a fingerprint request instead. Then.. after submitting fingerprint request and expecting to wait a while as a non-routine applicant, I got a test letter :) Just relax and you'll get there eventually :)
I guess you are perfectly right!!!Fingers crossed...

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Hi everyone --

Just wondering if and curious if:

Anyone knows if one receives a invite to take the citizenship test as a letter first, or if its updated on ecas?

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Hello March 2014 folks:

How r u guys,

Its been a long time, so first I say sorry for the late reply.

I finished my Citizenship Exam and Immigration Interview in Scarborough CIC office on September 5th.

I got 19 out of 20 in my Citizenship Test.

My Immigration interview was very smooth. The immigration officer was very humble and with a smiling face she took me interview.

The total interview was about 5 to 7 minutes for me, but I saw other officers taking interview 10 to 15 minutes for other applicants.

When the officer said that she wants to check the passport stamps, I gave her a copy of CBSA record along with my passport, the officer was very happy to see the CBSA record. She checked all the stamps and compared with the CBSA records and to my surprise she gave me a pink letter, guess what, it was a OATH letter. I never thought Scarborough issues Oath letter the same day. I was very surprised.

There was total 6 immigration officers taking interviews, and I got interviewed by the best and humble officer.

The officer asked are you available for the Oath Ceremony on September 20th. I said yes, she immediately fixed September 20th.

I had so many days of sleepless nights about seeing so many people in 2012 and 2013 getting RQ's, and I feel myself very lucky that my file has been processed in 6 months without any RQ's or Queries.

From my personal experience, folks, take a copy of CBSA record to your interview.

Finally My Timeline:

Total Processing Time: Exactly (6 months and 15 days)

Application Received: March 5th, 2014

Processing Started: April 15th, 2014

Received line disappeared: July 13th (Sunday morning)

File Transferred to local office: July 28th

File Received in Local office: August 7th

Test date letter received: August 14th

Test date: September 5th

Oath Letter: September 5th (Received immediately after the interview)

Oath Date: September 20th.

:-X

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello March 2014 folks:

How r u guys,

Finally my Timeline:

Total Processing Time: Exactly (6 months and 15 days).

Oath Ceremony: September 20th

big congrazzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully 6 month of processing time becomes a NORM

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Yes, 2014 applications will be processed in 6 to 8 months.

Especially those applicants from Toronto, Scarborough and Mississauga areas.

Our 400$ fee increase is working.
;D

yoyojojo

Aug 25, 2014
i Was paid $400 for the citizen application. last month, i got $100 credit back to my amex. any body know why? is $300? whats that means?
thanks

dp2014

Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,
My (family application) timelines here -
CIC received my application - March 28
Started processing - May 9
Received line disappeared - Aug 10/11
Test letter received - Sept 10
Test date at Scarborough - Oct 7

Will check suggestions for tests - but any hints appreciated.

One more question- how long does it take to get a passport after the oath? I need to plan a travel in December for a month.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello March 2014 folks:

How r u guys,

Its been a long time, so first I say sorry for the late reply.

I finished my Citizenship Exam and Immigration Interview in Scarborough CIC office on September 5th.

I got 19 out of 20 in my Citizenship Test.

My Immigration interview was very smooth. The immigration officer was very humble and with a smiling face she took me interview.

The total interview was about 5 to 7 minutes for me, but I saw other officers taking interview 10 to 15 minutes for other applicants.

When the officer said that she wants to check the passport stamps, I gave her a copy of CBSA record along with my passport, the officer was very happy to see the CBSA record. She checked all the stamps and compared with the CBSA records and to my surprise she gave me a pink letter, guess what, it was a OATH letter. I never thought Scarborough issues Oath letter the same day. I was very surprised.

There was total 6 immigration officers taking interviews, and I got interviewed by the best and humble officer.

The officer asked are you available for the Oath Ceremony on September 20th. I said yes, she immediately fixed September 20th.

I had so many days of sleepless nights about seeing so many people in 2012 and 2013 getting RQ's, and I feel myself very lucky that my file has been processed in 6 months without any RQ's or Queries.

From my personal experience, folks, take a copy of CBSA record to your interview.

Finally My Timeline:

Total Processing Time: Exactly (6 months and 15 days)

Oath Letter: September 5th (Received immediately after the interview)

Oath Date: September 20th.

Hearty congratulations polarbear! You're almost at the finish line!

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I just got my test letter today.Here is my timeline
Application received march 28
Started to be processed on may 6 .
My test interview is going to be at Scarbrough .And no ecas update yet.
Thanks