+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
kentTO said:
Application received at CIC: March 14, 2014.
AOR date: May 2, 2014.
Fingerprint request date: July 28, 2014

File at Mississauga. Fingerprint request sent from St Clair.
St.Clair? Are they still there? i thought they closed all that building...

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Hello Manyaqx:

Can you please find and tell me when exactly Scarborough local office received your file from sydney ?

Your time line and my time line are almost similar.

Your application was received on March 3rd, mine was received on march 5th

Your application started processing on April 9th, mine was stated processing April 10th.

Your received line disappeared on July 10th, my received line disappeared on July 13th.

You got Test date on August 1st, my application left Sydney and is in Transit to Scarborough office on July 28th.

So, according to your time line, I should see E-cas update and Test letter next week.

Please let me know when scarborough office received your file from Sydney, the exact date.

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Hi polarbear[\b],

I have no idea when they transferred my files to scarborough.. Just i know that they printed my
test letter on Aug 30th.. But hopefully you will get your test notice very soon..

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Hi guys i have a question.. Im going to write my test on Aug 18 and im going to get interview overthere.. What kind of papers i should bring? Im student since 2010 and i worked 3-4 months for pizzapizza with cheque.. Should i bring anything about my rent,school, or cheques?

kentTO

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manyaqx said:
St.Clair? Are they still there? i thought they closed all that building...
CIC confirmed that the case is still in Mississauga but there is probably sharing of resources with st Clair.

marcos

Jul 4, 2014
Received 20 Mar 14
got in process 01 May 14
line gone vanished 22 Jul 14
file still in Sydney ...

Those who say that if the line gets vanished, means , file in on its way to local CIC, are wrong. my file is still there. heard that it takes 3 weeks in transit ... do they send file with a person on foot ? Canada Post should take only 02 or 03 days at max, with normal postage. of course, Express post will rush it in one day. can't understand that lengthy transit period.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
My Received line Disappeared on July 13th,

My File is in Transit to Scarborough from July 28th (Monday)

Today I called CIC, they said my file has not reached Scarborough office yet. The file is still in Transit.

Why it is taking so long for Transit.
:mad:

Are they sending the file through post or flight or by walk? :mad: :mad: :mad:

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
My Received line Disappeared on July 13th,

My File is in Transit to Scarborough from July 28th (Monday)

Today I called CIC, they said my file has not reached Scarborough office yet. The file is still in Transit.

Why it is taking so long for Transit.
:mad:

Are they sending the file through post or flight or by walk? :mad: :mad: :mad:
It takes 3 to 4 weeks.

Canadian eh!

Aug 5, 2014
HI Guys! I just came back from taking my citizenship test! I had 19/20 ;)

First of all, let me share my timeline:

Applied on: March 7, 2014
Received: March 10, 2014
Acknowledgement and Discover Canada received: May 30, 2014

Received line disappeared: June 18, 2014
Test letter: July 17, 2014
Test date: August 5, 2014
Oath taking: August 11, 2014

Very smooth process. Went to Mississauga for test and eventually the oath taking. HAd less than 60 days of travel.

Test booklets are randomly given and please read the questions thoroughly. Some are tricky. I read the Discover Canada book 2-3 times and did a lot of practice online through the Toronto Public Library online practice tests.

I wish you all the best! So proud to be Canadian! :)

toronto0725

Jul 25, 2014
Canadian eh! said:
HI Guys! I just came back from taking my citizenship test! I had 19/20 ;)

First of all, let me share my timeline:

Applied on: March 7, 2014
Received: March 10, 2014
Acknowledgement and Discover Canada received: May 30, 2014

Received line disappeared: June 18, 2014
Test letter: July 17, 2014
Test date: August 5, 2014
Oath taking: August 11, 2014

Very smooth process. Went to Mississauga for test and eventually the oath taking. HAd less than 60 days of travel.

Test booklets are randomly given and please read the questions thoroughly. Some are tricky. I read the Discover Canada book 2-3 times and did a lot of practice online through the Toronto Public Library online practice tests.

I wish you all the best! So proud to be Canadian! :)
Congrats !! Can you tell what kind of questions asked during the interview ? Did u take any documents with you ?

Canadian eh!

Aug 5, 2014
@ toronto0725

Thank you! ;D

Yes, I took all the original documents such as:

PR Card
Provincial Id's (Health, Driver's)
IELTS Test result (I came as a Federal skilled worker in Aug. 2010)
Marriage certificate (since I've added my hubby's surname unto mine)
All valid and expired passports
Another PR card from another country (don't want to disclose)

I was scheduled to appear for test at 12:45pm, Was inside at 12:50pm (lots of people took their tests today, about 60), by 1pm, all instructions were given and tests given out. I ws out at 1:10pm and at 1:15pm, my name was called for brief interview (I was the first to be called for that). Lady just verified my travel dates and checked the stamps in the passport. Very casual convo we had, was tellign her about my trip to Europe. Very amiable lady. at 1:30, I was out, with my oath taking slip in hand!

Unfortunately, I am not able to say what questions BUT they are multiple choice. Just read them very carefully and make sure you read your Discover Canada copy. Don't panic, they're not too hard, just very very tricky. Good luck! :)

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Canadian eh! said:
@ toronto0725

Thank you! ;D

Yes, I took all the original documents such as:

PR Card
Provincial Id's (Health, Driver's)
IELTS Test result (I came as a Federal skilled worker in Aug. 2010)
Marriage certificate (since I've added my hubby's surname unto mine)
All valid and expired passports
Another PR card from another country (don't want to disclose)

I was scheduled to appear for test at 12:45pm, Was inside at 12:50pm (lots of people took their tests today, about 60), by 1pm, all instructions were given and tests given out. I ws out at 1:10pm and at 1:15pm, my name was called for brief interview (I was the first to be called for that). Lady just verified my travel dates and checked the stamps in the passport. Very casual convo we had, was tellign her about my trip to Europe. Very amiable lady. at 1:30, I was out, with my oath taking slip in hand!

Unfortunately, I am not able to say what questions BUT they are multiple choice. Just read them very carefully and make sure you read your Discover Canada copy. Don't panic, they're not too hard, just very very tricky. Good luck! :)

Hello Canadian eh!

Did they give you oath taking slip on the same test day ?

What is your local office ? :-X