Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
Hello guys still waiting for AOR :'(.... Application received March 21 @ sydney, then april they returned due to incomplete school records of kids, send it back again and they received april 28 but still, i can't access on ECAS. i just hoping that they won't return it again :(

Toronto2014

May 28, 2014
ondang2 said:
Hello guys still waiting for AOR :'(.... Application received March 21 @ sydney, then april they returned due to incomplete school records of kids, send it back again and they received april 28 but still, i can't access on ECAS. i just hoping that they won't return it again :(
If CIC keep the same processing speed, you should access ECAS at the end of June. When an application is returned, it goes back at the end of the queue. :eek:

parasv

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While updating your details in the spread sheet, pls make sure you are NOT updating other's information.

Some one updated my location to Saskatoon from Mississauga.:)

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
sweetakash said:
Hi meeemeee and jeleni,

Could you please update the spreadsheet, its easy to track the application progress by date.
Here is the link...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
Done.

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
I received the AOR today (30-05-2014). It is only one book and one letter for all my family "This is to acknowledge receipt of 2 Adult(s) and 2 Child(ren) application(s) citizenship"

Details in "in process " In E-cas for each of us:

Mine (mother)
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 5, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on April 11, 2014.

Daughter (19 years - adult )
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2013.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 25, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on April 11, 2014.

Daughter and son (twins 17 years - children) they will be 18 this June and I don't know what they will be considered as a child or adult ?!!!
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 5, 2014.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on May 23, 2014.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my AOR on the 30th. Still have both the Received line and In Progress line on eCas.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fairooz said:
Got my AOR on the 30th. Still have both the Received line and In Progress line on eCas.
Hi fairooz. What was the sequence of events in ecas after submitting your application? Does the Received line appear soon after sending the application and then In Progress? Or do they both appear at some later date. Did the Received date actually reflect the date you sent the application? Thanks

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
Hi fairooz. What was the sequence of events in ecas after submitting your application? Does the Received line appear soon after sending the application and then In Progress? Or do they both appear at some later date. Did the Received date actually reflect the date you sent the application? Thanks
Hi Pedros,

I accessed eEcas around the first week of May (about 7 weeks after sending my application), I didn't try before that so I don't know exactly when my file started showing up in eCas. I saw both the Received and In Progress lines at the same time. I sent my application on March 4 and it was received by CIC on March 5 and that's the date that shows up in eCas too.

Hope this helps!

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fairooz said:
Hi Pedros,

I accessed eEcas around the first week of May (about 7 weeks after sending my application), I didn't try before that so I don't know exactly when my file started showing up in eCas. I saw both the Received and In Progress lines at the same time. I sent my application on March 4 and it was received by CIC on March 5 and that's the date that shows up in eCas too.

Hope this helps!
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I ask because I saw some people mention that if Bill C-24 passed some time between sending your application and the date that shows up in ecas, then CIC could say your application comes under the new law. However, your response gives me some hope :)

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I ask because I saw some people mention that if Bill C-24 passed some time between sending your application and the date that shows up in ecas, then CIC could say your application comes under the new law. However, your response gives me some hope :)
I don't think this is true and this doesn't make any sense to me. what do you mean? If you send your application on June 1st and the bill becomes Law on July 5th they will send your application back and say " Sorry you need to wait one more year"??? what logic is this ???

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Goldline said:
I don't think this is true and this doesn't make any sense to me. what do you mean? If you send your application on June 1st and the bill becomes Law on July 5th they will send your application back and say " Sorry you need to wait one more year"??? what logic is this ???
Even after the Law is passed, I think it will not be enforced overnight.
There will be a proper effectivity date say - 01-Oct-2014 or 01-Dec-2014, and applications coming before and after these dates will be treated according to the old vs new rules.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, it didn't have a "proper" effective date when the fee was increased on Feb 06, 2014. Even applications mailed before Feb 06 and received on and after Feb 06 were returned.

sweetakash said:
Even after the Law is passed, I think it will not be enforced overnight.
There will be a proper effectivity date say - 01-Oct-2014 or 01-Dec-2014, and applications coming before and after these dates will be treated according to the old vs new rules.

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
There will always be some borderline cases which will fall on either side of the effectivity date. It will be the matter of chance for a few, the same way as few of them get RQ even when all their documents and residency requirements are satisfactory.
Leaving some exceptions aside, it should be a clear cut off for majority of applications.

Delilah14

Jun 10, 2013
Somebody messed up the 2014 applicants excel sheet again!
I had my AOR data entered last week then it was fine, and I just visited the data sheet to check whats up and my AOR date was gone.