+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Good day,

I would like to formally lodge a complaint concerning the instructions to retake medicals. It is my understanding that VO's can extend medical results up to a year beyond their expiry date? Why has this not been done in my case? CIC requires that all documents be submitted together for the stage 1 sponsorship process. Since the processing time, once the application reached Manila, is a year it automatically makes time sensitive documents expired. Now this forces me to pay more than other applicants for the same service. How is this fair?

Please advise.

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy
UCI: XXXXXXXX

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Good day Minister Kenney and MP Toet,

I am writing to you with my concerns regarding the decision making process at the Visa Office in Manila. I have just received notice that my wife has been requested to redo her medical as they expired in December of 2012. Through several calls to the CIC call centre I was informed that the Visa Officers can extend the medicals up to a year yet this does not seem to be exercised.

While my wife's application sat unopened since October 2012 in Manila why do I now have to pay more for the same service others receive? It is not my fault if the Manila VO cannot keep up to the volume of applications. So why should I be penalized? It certainly gives the appearance that someone is profiting by this.

I would ask that you inquire on my behalf as to why no extensions are given out of this office as well as ask to have my wife's medical extended as she has no pending medical issues.

This is a matter of fairness and integrity. Two very important characteristics of our national identity. I would expect that people in your positions would require that of all our governments services regardless of where they reside.

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Minister Kenney,

I am writing this email in concerns to your recent news release of faster processing times.

I applied as a sponsor for my wife in May of 2012 the processing times were 7 months they are now at 12 months. Please explain to me how that translates to faster processing times? Half of my sponsorship application was lost when it was transferred from Mississauga to Ottawa making an 89 day processing time turn into 5.5 months for the stage one. My wife's application now sits unopened in Manila for 6 months. Her medicals have expired and will have to be redone which is an additional cost to me. Why do I have to pay more for the same service others get? Why is my application overlooked and others that applied well after me are processed? Why would you close the visa office in Seoul and not have additional staff to handle the overflow now in Manila.

I would be able to be more understanding if this service I received at no additional cost to me but since I'm paying for it I have expectations as a customer. Those expectations are not to see the processing time increase or have your department allow my supporting documents expire and further add to this cost and delay of this application.

This experience so far has been nothing short of disappointing not to mention the added stress on my wife and I. As a 7th generation Canadian, taxpayer and voter it is embarrassing to have to make excuses for you and your department. This reflects poorly on you.

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
UCI: XXXXXXXX

Application: F000XXXXXX

Good day.

I am completely dissatisfied with the seemingly haphazard method to processing applications. You have had my wife's PR application since October 2012 and as of now it sits unopened. Though many who have applied long after my wife and I did have already received their visas and have landed or are in the process of landing.

The CIC website states that all applications are processed in order of their arrival. This obviously isn't the case.

I have sent a email a few weeks ago with my concerns to which no one has bothered to reply. Need I remind you that this is a service that I have paid for. It is not an unrealistic expectation that, as a customer, I am treated as equally and fairly as all other applicants. If I have to wait a year or more than so should everyone else who applied after me. Your persistent delay has resulted in the expiration of my wife's medical and police certificate for which I now will have to pay for again. Why do I have to now pay more for the same service that others receive who have applied months after I did? How fair is that? Our application is not complicated. No dependants no previous marriages.

I am requesting that action be initiated on our application without further delay as your office has already completed most of the applications that were sent in well after ours.

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Good Morning.

I am writing you to inform you of my dissatisfaction of the Federal Government's move to shut the Visa office in Seoul. I find it unconscionable for the Government to continue to close Visa Offices when processing times continue to increase substantially. At the time my wife and I submitted our family class application wait times for the Manila VO were at 8 months. They are now at 11 months. With the additional workload now going from Seoul to Manila I'm sure we can now expect processing times up to 14 months. This is unacceptable for the government to intentionally take actions to delay the expedient processing of visa applications. Please keep in mind I have paid for this service. I do not receive it gratis as a taxpayer or Canadian citizen.

While I understand it is important to streamline any operation it must not be done at the expense of the paying customer. Mississauga CPC lost documents from my sponsorship application rerouting it to Ottawa adding an additional 2 months to our processing time. Now it has sat in the Manila VO for the last 3 months with no update on ECAS showing "In Process". How much more time will that add before my wife and I can start our life here?

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
That's all I can find. Hope they are helpful in some way.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Sorry....1 more......

Lawrence Toet M.P., Michael MacKenzie and Jason Kenney Minister of Immigration,

Re:Mr./Mrs. CanadianJeepGuy
F000XXXXXX

I am writing again with a further update to the continuous mishandling of the sponsorship application for my wife Mrs CanadianJeepGuy. From the very beginning of this process there has been nothing but lost documents and delay after delay after delay. I have been patient and I have been understanding but this last incident is enough.

My wife, as requested by CEM, made an appointment with Dr. Marte at the IOM in Makati May 6th 2013. The appointment was to consist of a chest X-ray and an interview. May 23rd my with receives a call from CEM wondering where the results of that appointment are. Why are her results sitting at Dr. Marte's office for 17 days? Why do they sit there until CEM has to go looking for them? Why is Dr. Marte and the IOM permitted to operate as a medical panel for Canadian Immigration if they have no impetus to expedite medical results back to the Embassy? Does this clinic actively delay transferring results when anything but full remeds are requested? Certainly seems to be the case.

On the 6th of May 2013 I emailed the offices of Lawrence Toet, Michael MacKenzie at CEM and Minister Kenney's office and informed all that my wife's medicals had been completed. My expectation was that someone at CEM would actively get the results from the IOM and that either my MP's office or the Minister's office would follow up. No one did anything.

Need I remind you that Canada is a democracy and a democratic government works for the people not the other way around. I have paid $1000's of dollars more and waited months longer then originally expected from the information posted on CIC's website as of May 2012 when our application was filed. I pay for this service. I do not get it free because I'm a Canadian citizen, voter and taxpayer.

I fully expect a reply from CEM, Lawrence Toet and Minister Kenney this next week as to why they think this is an acceptable way to treat people who have followed all the requirements as published by CIC.

Sincerely,
CanadianJeepGuy

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:
This one was to my MP's assistant:

Thank you for your reply XXXXX.

Concerning the re-medical CIC requires these to be submitted at the beginning of the entire process. Seeing as they have increased the processing time to 1 year from receipt in Manila their policy automatically pushes the medicals to expiry. It is not my fault if CEM cannot process applications accordingly so why then do I have to pay for it? This application sat unopened for 6 months. Why? No one seems to be able to answer that. So not only is there no accountability for CIC losing some of my application there is also no accountability for their failure to meet their own prescribed timelines and on top it off I am expected to have to pay for it....again. This is not a very good customer service policy.

I would ask that you could specifically take this issue up with the Minister. Applicants who are instructed to redo medicals due to expiry should be re-imbursed or have CEM cover that cost. CEM never requests partial remeds. You have to redo the whole thing. While I understand the importance of having medical knowledge of applicants there is no difference in the risk between someone with a clean medical history who's medicals have expired and someone who could have contracted an illness and issued a visa before their medicals have expired. This is an unnecessary additional financial burden.

It is not the job of CIC to turn me over and shake loose every penny it can get. That's Revenue Canada's job.

Sincerely,

CanadianJeepGuy

P.S. I had also inquired as to how one can lodge a formal complaint concerning the service from both CIC and an individual agent. Emails sent to both the Minister and CEM have gone unanswered.

Cheers

Thanks a lot CanadianJeepguy...this is very helpful. God bless you

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Does it make a bit of difference if you have an immigration lawyer who is handling your case for spousal sponsorship? I was approved for sponsoring my wife at CPC in Mississauga and I know its only been 5 months but what should I be expecting? Reading some of the posts on here is starting to make me really nervous and I'm beginning to worry.

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
remeds: Oct 15, 2013
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
MarkandElvie

If your application is already in I wouldn't change course - you've already done all the work! A lawyer cannot speed up the processing so why spend the money? Be mentally prepared for a long wait and if it comes in sooner than the 14 months timeline then all the better.

Scosan

MarkandElvie

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
scosan said:
MarkandElvie

If your application is already in I wouldn't change course - you've already done all the work! A lawyer cannot speed up the processing so why spend the money? Be mentally prepared for a long wait and if it comes in sooner than the 14 months timeline then all the better.

Scosan
It doesn't sound to promising with the way things are going at CEM and from reading some of the posts on this thread, there are a lot of frustrated people.

GoonerClank

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
File Transfer...
11-04-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013 (Expires 24-02-2014)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-09-2013<br />DM: 23-01-2014<br />COPR expires: 20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 24-01-2014
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
MarkandElvie said:
It doesn't sound to promising with the way things are going at CEM and from reading some of the posts on this thread, there are a lot of frustrated people.
Hey MarkandElvie, as scosan says don't get a lawyer. It is just a waste of money they can't do anything that you cannot do on your own. Use the money to keep your spouse busy so the time will go by quicker. (I.e. taking a course etc..). Expect 12 to 14 months... and if it happens earlier than great. Expect to be frustrated, sad to say it but it is frustrating.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
GoonerClank said:
Hey MarkandElvie, as scosan says don't get a lawyer. It is just a waste of money they can't do anything that you cannot do on your own. Use the money to keep your spouse busy so the time will go by quicker. (I.e. taking a course etc..). Expect 12 to 14 months... and if it happens earlier than great. Expect to be frustrated, sad to say it but it is frustrating.
This ^^

mikemckell84

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
Doc's Request.
30-08-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Decision Made over the weekend.

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
remeds: Oct 15, 2013
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
Awesome news, congratulations! We're also hoping for DM very soon. Mikemckell; did you receive an email or only on ecas?

Scosan