+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
remeds: Oct 15, 2013
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
Hi Step,

Mine stayed at "Application Received" for 13 months when it changed to "In Process". Now at 15+ months and waiting.........
Don't let my stats discourage you, mine seems to be one of the slowest apps in Manila. :(

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Hi Scosan,
I think the strike has really slowed down processing times. Time to process has jumped a couple months form when others applied. Did you contact Manila office? They say on website if outside average times. Should enquire about application. Shoot them an e-mail in Manila.

Thanks for the reply, hope your app. done soon.

gt_65

Dec 17, 2013
Scosan, is there anything unusual in your application that would cause such a delay? I agree with the below post - start reaching out to the Manila office. Can you call them?

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
Step, I contacted them last at the end of October and they responded by making my wife re-do her medicals. I actually called my MP's office today and found them very condescending - filled with ready answers on all my points. (I told them I didn't appreciate their canned answers and they weren't helping solve my problem!) Funny, it's her government that consolidated the visa office in Manila and didn't give a damn about the effects of the never ending strike!

GT: Nothing that I consider unusual about our application except maybe our age difference although we have been married 12 years and have two children (Canadian citizens) to counter any question of validity. My wife is also visa exempt (Japan) so that should make things a little more straightforward (one would think).

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with this whole process but I'll just keep a positive as possible. At least her visitor visa has been extended for the 3rd time (this time for 1 year).

Scosan

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scosan said:
Step, I contacted them last at the end of October and they responded by making my wife re-do her medicals. I actually called my MP's office today and found them very condescending - filled with ready answers on all my points. (I told them I didn't appreciate their canned answers and they weren't helping solve my problem!) Funny, it's her government that consolidated the visa office in Manila and didn't give a damn about the effects of the never ending strike!

GT: Nothing that I consider unusual about our application except maybe our age difference although we have been married 12 years and have two children (Canadian citizens) to counter any question of validity. My wife is also visa exempt (Japan) so that should make things a little more straightforward (one would think).

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with this whole process but I'll just keep a positive as possible. At least her visitor visa has been extended for the 3rd time (this time for 1 year).

Scosan
Scosan,

We have talked before on another thread. We are almost in the same boat. My Japanese wife and I have been waiting for about 14 months. Can I ask what your age difference is? My wife is older by 7.5 years (wife:45, I: 37). I have been wondering if this might be a concern since we applied. We have been married for five years.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Scosan, Thanks for the info. Know now not to contact VISA office . Sounds like you have done everything possible. Only other thing that I can see is VISA office consolidation that would have added to processing time and strike for 5 months.
But I think time is out of line, no way should take this long.

Best of Luck going forward.

Step

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
When contacting your MP's its important that you state that CIC's own processing policy is 6 months. So any time beyond that is intentionally made by CIC. If they counter that volumes have bogged things down then you tell them the government is hired to provide these services in a reasonable time which CIC has determined to be 6 months. Anything beyond that is a failure to provide the service.

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
JeepGuy, I couldn't agree more. When I pointed out to my MP's assistant that the processing time when I applied was 9 months he tried to correct me and tell me it was based on current processing times (14 months). I then said "either way, it's well beyond the stated time". He tried to get me off the phone as quickly as possible because I think he could tell I was ready for an argument. As pointed out before I am pretty sure that the MP's inquiries are useless anyway, but what other choice do we have? Sitting here pretending to be patient is not helping!!

Scosan

scosan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 24 2012
Doc's Request.
May 15 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
sent with app (original)
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014 (Calgary)
Hi JRPW,

Yes we have talked before - I was wondering if you had heard anything yet? As soon as I get any information I'll be sure to let you know. You're app is only 13 days behind mine so it's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only application in this position. As far as the age difference I don't think 7 years is material and I'm not sure what age difference might spark a red flag. I think it really depends on individual circumstances. My wife & I are 14 years apart but since we've been married for so long and have children, I doubt there would be any question unless it's a matter of the VO's personal prejudice.

Scosan

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scosan said:
Hi JRPW,

Yes we have talked before - I was wondering if you had heard anything yet? As soon as I get any information I'll be sure to let you know. You're app is only 13 days behind mine so it's somewhat comforting to know that I'm not the only application in this position. As far as the age difference I don't think 7 years is material and I'm not sure what age difference might spark a red flag. I think it really depends on individual circumstances. My wife & I are 14 years apart but since we've been married for so long and have children, I doubt there would be any question unless it's a matter of the VO's personal prejudice.

Scosan
Hi Scosan,

My wife and I moved back to Canada on December 4, 2013. On December 3, we received a re-med request from Manila. I had a family member book a re-med with a panel physician in Edmonton for December 14. I informed Manila that we are now in Canada, and all correspondence in regards to my wife's PR should be sent Canada, not Japan. I emailed my MP for an another update yesterday. I also plan on writing (emailing) Manila on a constant basis until I get an answer that is acceptable to me. I will let you know what my MP says when I get a reply.

J

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 25,2013(December 23,2013 sent PP)December 24,2013 CEM received
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
@JGM613,Canadianjeepguy,and Davesav...I got a reply from the CEM today here it is..

Dear Applicants,

We note your email below. Please be advised that we are granting your request for extension for compliance with the required police certificate from China. Please refer to the following website on how to obtain the required police certificate:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/china.asp

I need to ask my friend in one try.. this time I will ask my friend to go to the public notary.. This will be my last chnace.. I amstill thankful atleast they gave me an extension.. thanks GOD..thanks brothers for your support

bienncorey

Jul 2, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 4, 2013 (May 9, 2013 CIC received file)
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
File Transfer...
June 3, 2013 (received by CEM June 11, 2013)
Med's Done....
April 1,2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 12, 2013 (Nov 16 '13 sent pp, Nov 18 '13 CEM received as per tracking)
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 20,2014 ---- DM: March 23,2014
LANDED..........
APRIL 3, 2014
wella13 said:
@ JGM613,Canadianjeepguy,and Davesav...I got a reply from the CEM today here it is..

Dear Applicants,

We note your email below. Please be advised that we are granting your request for extension for compliance with the required police certificate from China. Please refer to the following website on how to obtain the required police certificate:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/china.asp

I need to ask my friend in one try.. this time I will ask my friend to go to the public notary.. This will be my last chnace.. I amstill thankful atleast they gave me an extension.. thanks GOD..thanks brothers for your support
Goodluck on that sis wella! I hope your friend can get your police clearance soon....

JGM613

Apr 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 ... In Process 12-03-2014...Decision Made 14-03-2014 as per ECAS
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
02-04=2014
wella13 said:
@ JGM613,Canadianjeepguy,and Davesav...I got a reply from the CEM today here it is..

Dear Applicants,

Haa ...well that's a bit of GOOD news isn't it..that's terrific news in fact..happy for you !

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 25,2013(December 23,2013 sent PP)December 24,2013 CEM received
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
JGM613 said:
Haa ...well that's a bit of GOOD news isn't it..that's terrific news in fact..happy for you !
Thank you so much bro for your help :)..You are a big help for me.. I could not believe they would give me an extension.I got PPR last Nov 25 then my 45 days be over soon. salamt... The most important thing now is that, I still have time to get it...After receiving an email I then called my other friend. I hope this time I could get it.
God will bless you more.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
scosan said:
JeepGuy, I couldn't agree more. When I pointed out to my MP's assistant that the processing time when I applied was 9 months he tried to correct me and tell me it was based on current processing times (14 months). I then said "either way, it's well beyond the stated time". He tried to get me off the phone as quickly as possible because I think he could tell I was ready for an argument. As pointed out before I am pretty sure that the MP's inquiries are useless anyway, but what other choice do we have? Sitting here pretending to be patient is not helping!!

Scosan
It doesn't matter what the posted times are. They are arbitrary. The issue also is not the volumes. The government has intentionally reduced the service. You continue to pay more for less. That is the Conservative recipe for fiscal responsibility. The longer the processing takes the more it costs you.
Don't just go to your MP. You can contact the MP's of the other parties especially if your MP is a Con. I posted letters that I wrote during my ordeal. They are way back in this thread somewhere. I can post them again if people would like. I am convinced that these emails I sent seriously motivated movement on my wife's application. The last email I sent them on a Monday morning Manila time had my wife's COPR issued later that afternoon and arrived to her home in Antipolo the next day. No 45 day wait.

If you email your MP attach everybody else ( opposition MP's, the Minister of Immigration, the PMO, you local newspaper) to get the same email. Let them know that the magnitude of Harper Government incompetence.