+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Edgehead78 said:
I guess your marriage should be registered in New Zealand. You can get a copy of your marriage certificate online here: http://www.dia.govt.nz/Births-deaths-and-marriages
I think the CFO will accept this copy as it is issued by a governmental organization, just like NSO.

In any case ... I would advise you to authenticate it at the New Zealand consulate,
it will meet all authentication requirements.

8)

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
dollinexile said:
Yes. I try as much to be as positive as possible on a day to day basis but I do make sure that I don't get my hopes up too high, I don't want to be heartbroken in the long and tedious process. :) with regard to tickets, my husband and I are still weighing whether to get tickets there in Yukon from a travel agency or book directly here in Manila.. In any case, I'll let you know if we get cheaper fares. :) God bless you too.
You can get a quote in Yukon and another in Manila, just to know what fits better your budget,
another thing that you can do is to book on line, you can get good prices on line also,
that's another option,
I was thinking in buying round trip, Did not know that one way could be better and possible...
and I checked one way tickets and the price is really good,
Like in my case some 700.00.... I guess that one way ticket is a good option that you need to keep in mind.

That's the way I will go.... and I will book on line...

msa11

Jul 6, 2014
Edgehead78 said:
I guess your marriage should be registered in New Zealand. You can get a copy of your marriage certificate online here:
I think the CFO will accept this copy as it is issued by a governmental organization, just like NSO.
Thanks - yes I have our original new zealand marriage certificate and my wife also has a copy - but they are asking on the website for a duly authenticated marriage certificate if married abroad - I guess when you are married overseas you are to take your marriage certificate to the philippine embassy in that country and they will register the marriage with the NSO. Since my wife is back in the Phils and I am back in Canada - it would be impossible for us to do that at this point .... just wondering if anyone married abroad has had any experience with this

Thanks !

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Awesomeg said:
You can get a quote in Yukon and another in Manila, just to know what fits better your budget,
another thing that you can do is to book on line, you can get good prices on line also,
that's another option,
I was thinking in buying round trip, Did not know that one way could be better and possible...
Like in my case some 700.00.... I guess that one way ticket is a good option that you need to keep in mind.

Thanks for the tip!

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Awesomeg said:
that's another option,

Be careful with those one-way tickets Awesomeg. I think the Philippines regulations requires foreigners to show proof (return ticket or ticket bound outside the country) that they will leave the country within the 21 day allowance w/o visa. I know from my own experience that they are not always checking that but who knows if the customs officer had a bad day that day. You will waste your savings by having to buy a last minute return ticket on the spot. This information has to be verified though.

I shopped a lot online lately and I found that return tickets are usually less expensive than buying 2 one-way tickets. For example, Philippine Airlines offers Toronto-Manila return for 1234$ CAD. A one-way ticket is priced 704$ CAD, so X2=1408$.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Edgehead78 said:
Be careful with those one-way tickets Awesomeg. I think the Philippines regulations requires foreigners to show proof (return ticket or ticket bound outside the country) that they will leave the country within the 21 day allowance w/o visa. I know from my own experience that they are not always checking that but who knows if the customs officer had a bad day that day. You will waste your savings by having to buy a last minute return ticket on the spot. This information has to be verified though. I shopped a lot online lately and I found that return tickets are usually less expensive than buying 2 one-way tickets. For example, Philippine Airlines offers Toronto-Manila return for 1234$ CAD. A one-way ticket is priced 704$ CAD, so X2=1408$.
Hi Edgehead ... Since Aug 1 2013 the visitor visa period has been extended to one month (http://www.philcongen-toronto.com/consular/consular_visa.php) Re: airfares, I have found some decent one-ways on Expedia, work out to about half of the full price. All depends on the time when you're checking I suppose. In my 4 trips to Phils I've never been asked to show my return ticket, but you're right that you never know about catching an agent having a bad day & deciding to check. Otherwise, looks like some of our fellow Jan 2014 Manila applicants are getting their PPR's, hope we'll both get some news pretty soon too!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Edgehead78 said:
Be careful with those one-way tickets Awesomeg. I think the Philippines regulations requires foreigners to show proof (return ticket or ticket bound outside the country) that they will leave the country within the 21 day allowance w/o visa. I know from my own experience that they are not always checking that but who knows if the customs officer had a bad day that day. You will waste your savings by having to buy a last minute return ticket on the spot. This information has to be verified though.

I shopped a lot online lately and I found that return tickets are usually less expensive than buying 2 one-way tickets. For example, Philippine Airlines offers Toronto-Manila return for 1234$ CAD. A one-way ticket is priced 704$ CAD, so X2=1408$.
In 7 trips I took to the Philippines, I was never asked to show return ticket. Some officers ask how long I would be staying is all.
Length of stay without Visitors VISA has recently changed. As of August 2013 ( not sure of the exact date) you can now stay 30 days without Visitors VISA in the Philippines.
I previously obtained 2 Visitors Visas previously, easy to obtain by mail from Philippine Consulate or Embassy.
I agree return tickets are much cheaper( especially with PAL) I paid 3/4 of return price for a one way to fly my wife here in June. I booked my return ticket and her one way at the same time.

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
One month stay since August of last year? I traveled September 2013 and I took visitor visa from the Philippine embassy here in Canada. They could have informed me of this new rule, my trip was only 28 days long. Maybe they were more interested by the fee I was to pay.
Thanks for the useful information guys. :)

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Edgehead78 said:
One month stay since August of last year? I traveled September 2013 and I took visitor visa from the Philippine embassy here in Canada. They could have informed me of this new rule, my trip was only 28 days long. Maybe they were more interested by the fee I was to pay.
Thanks for the useful information guys. :)
Filipinos only interested in fees/money, never! LOL Frankly I didn't even notice it on my passport until I looked again at most recent trip dates & visa stamp. You got a visa before going so you wouldn't have to do it at the airport? It's not that elaborate a process there anyway, or does the pre-arranged one allow you to bypass lines at the airport?

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
Gumper said:
Filipinos only interested in fees/money, never! LOL Frankly I didn't even notice it on my passport until I looked again at most recent trip dates & visa stamp. You got a visa before going so you wouldn't have to do it at the airport? It's not that elaborate a process there anyway, or does the pre-arranged one allow you to bypass lines at the airport?
I didn't even know that we could do that at the airport. I just learned something again. I just took advance extended visa because I knew already that I was to overstay the 21 days allowance. I went through the regular line for customs booth, the only thing I saved is the process of extended visa at airport. I think its cheaper to take it here in Canada.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Edgehead78 said:
I didn't even know that we could do that at the airport. I just learned something again. I just took advance extended visa because I knew already that I was to overstay the 21 days allowance. I went through the regular line for customs booth, the only thing I saved is the process of extended visa at airport. I think its cheaper to take it here in Canada.
Ah ok, for an extended visa that makes sense (to do in Canada). I was thinking of just the 'basic' one.

On other fronts (and more importantly), we got our PPR today (FRI 11) .... yes!!!!!

It came with the Appendix A & the Personal History forms. They say in the email "Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada."

Does this mean we also include the family members who are listed in sections A and C of IMM5406 (Additional Family Information), i.e. PARENTS and BROTHERS & SISTERS? We are only sending passports for my wife (principal applicant) and her dependent son who will travel with her, that is clear.

And it appears that the Personal History form is just a reiteration of the job & residence information provided in IMM5669 (Background Declaration), correct?

Finally, I will be transferring cities in Canada right about the time that they will hopefully arrive in Canada .... should we include a note in the package we send to the embassy (with the passports) about this move, or just contact the call centre in Canada about it?

Thanks in advance for all input!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
Gumper said:
Ah ok, for an extended visa that makes sense (to do in Canada). I was thinking of just the 'basic' one.

On other fronts (and more importantly), we got our PPR today (FRI 11) .... yes!!!!!

It came with the Appendix A & the Personal History forms. They say in the email "Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada."

Does this mean we also include the family members who are listed in sections A and C of IMM5406 (Additional Family Information), i.e. PARENTS and BROTHERS & SISTERS? We are only sending passports for my wife (principal applicant) and her dependent son who will travel with her, that is clear.

And it appears that the Personal History form is just a reiteration of the job & residence information provided in IMM5669 (Background Declaration), correct?

Finally, I will be transferring cities in Canada right about the time that they will hopefully arrive in Canada .... should we include a note in the package we send to the embassy (with the passports) about this move, or just contact the call centre in Canada about it?

Congrats, main reason for Appendix A is the address CEM will return Passports and COPR.
Only dependents on Appendix A, not family that was'nt included on app.
Upon landing CBSA Officer will ask where to send PR card. Address can be changed then.

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Step said:
Congrats, main reason for Appendix A is the address CEM will return Passports and COPR.
Only dependents on Appendix A, not family that was'nt included on app.
Upon landing CBSA Officer will ask where to send PR card. Address can be changed then.
Thanks Step. One other App A question: In the "Spouse/CL Partner" column, do I write my name (sponsor) or just leave it blank?

Any idea what the reason for the "Personal History" document is? Does everyone get this? They've asked my wife to go another 5 years back from what we provided on IMM5669. Can't see how this adds/detracts from the overall case...?

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
Gumper said:
Thanks Step. One other App A question: In the "Spouse/CL Partner" column, do I write my name (sponsor) or just leave it blank?

Any idea what the reason for the "Personal History" document is? Does everyone get this? They've asked my wife to go another 5 years back from what we provided on IMM5669. Can't see how this adds/detracts from the overall case...?
No need. Only fill in applicants info and if dependents.
Personal History part not sure, we never received request.
Was there any gaps in history on app. ? All time has to be accounted for,school, work, etc.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:

Heh Gumper, Congratulations!

Can't help on the personal info stuff either as we only got AppA and the letter saying they weren't convinced I was going back to Canada.

But I did want to follow up on that and let you all know what happened in the last few days. On Friday (Thursday Canada time) I sat down and finally wrote a letter to the MP in Lethbridge. Just for you that haven't followed my story, I have been a permanent resident of Japan for over 15 years and I don't have much family left in Canada. None where I grew up and where my family was known. Our plan is to move to Lethbridge, where my husband has been offered a job. So I contacted the Lethbridge MP. His Chief of Staff wrote me back on Saturday (Friday in Canada) saying that she had contacted CIC and that everything looked good. Couldn't confirm that they had received App A and the additional info from us but said sometimes it takes three weeks for things to show up on the files. Wow. With computers these days, what takes three weeks??

Anyway, she said that the agent said everything looked good now and was processing as usual. She also said she would check in again at the end of the week. Wow. Totally impressed. I really didn't think contacted my MP would do anything.

Just waiting now.

Heather