+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
trewmenn said:
hi just updated the spreadsheet did they request you something other than passport and appendix A??? you put a date on additonal document column
Hi, Yes indeed they did. Paperwork in support of Subsection 130(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations which states something along the lines of...I haven't produced sufficient evidence of my desire or plans to return to MY OWN *&%$%& COUNTRY. Sorry, not yelling nor swearing at you. Just very frustrated. They require that original documents or certified document be submitting. But no examples of what they are looking for?? I'm sending emails between myself and moving companies, real estate companies and friends. Hopefully that will do.

Heather

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:
Your plans make perfect sense Heather (especially with 3 children to manage too), however you may be the only person who doesn't necessarily want an early confirmation. (I think that 14-month estimate is kind of 'worse case', luckily for the rest of us the average seems to be much less these days.) Anyway, good thing your husband can come & go & you can spread your move/settling-in over a bit of time -- which is logical. Can't see how CIC would expect otherwise (pick up & go at their beck & call), given your situation and the fact nothing is assured here. I think if you reiterate the solidity of your husband's job scenario and settlement offer, as well as what you are doing with realtors & moving companies that will certainly help. Is it possible to ask your kids' current school principal to provide you a letter stating the process for obtaining their academic records at completion of school year so that they can transition seamlessly to Canada? Have you looked at school options in Canada...made any email contact with them to find out about entrance/transfer requirements...? Couldn't agree more that it is ridiculous to assume that you would put yourself and your family through this because you're not serious about moving to Canada, boggles the mind to know what the VO's are thinking!
Well lucky, I have contacted the school board in Lethbridge really early to find out what paper work we needed to bring and what kind of ESL support my kids will have. Also, one of my sons has Aspergers and I was trying to find out what kind of support we will get once he is in the system. What worries me is they say "Only original documents or, when unavailable, certified documents are acceptable." Do you know how hard it would be to get all my emails certified?? Did anyone else certify their email conversations etc??

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Heather - Is there any way you can get a relative in Canada to contact an MP about this as well? This is just nuts, the hoops they're making you jump through. As a citizen of Canada it is your right to take up residence whenever you want, no?!! Again, the time, effort & cost expended to date (as well as the supporting docs you have) should easily suffice to show your intentions IMO. Just crazy, I can see how you are so infuriated.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:
Heather - Is there any way you can get a relative in Canada to contact an MP about this as well? This is just nuts, the hoops they're making you jump through. As a citizen of Canada it is your right to take up residence whenever you want, no?!! Again, the time, effort & cost expended to date (as well as the supporting docs you have) should easily suffice to show your intentions IMO. Just crazy, I can see how you are so infuriated.
Well, I'm going to send in what I've got and go from there. I could probably sick some cousins on those edmontonian mps but thought I might like to experience the process myself after we arrive. What a joke! Took me a few months, or maybe even a few weeks, to get my permanent residency in japan. No offence to those newly-weds but if you'd been married more than 15 years, this should be a bit easier.

Anyway, will courier out the docs I have tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Heather.

trewmenn

Champion Member
May 23, 2012
pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
04-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
16-June-2014: In Process July 10, 2014-submit passport and docs July 15, 2014 by SG beronia
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2015 DM-04-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
4-Sept-2014 Going to Calgary
Hwseyl said:
Hi, Yes indeed they did. Paperwork in support of Subsection 130(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations which states something along the lines of...I haven't produced sufficient evidence of my desire or plans to return to MY OWN *&%$%& COUNTRY. Sorry, not yelling nor swearing at you. Just very frustrated. They require that original documents or certified document be submitting. But no examples of what they are looking for?? I'm sending emails between myself and moving companies, real estate companies and friends. Hopefully that will do.

Heather
I see, there is an Applicant who is "CanAsian" on this forum http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/CanAsian-u468651.html you have the same problem with this.. they got their visa last June 2014

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hwseyl said:
Well, I'm going to send in what I've got and go from there. I could probably sick some cousins on those edmontonian mps but thought I might like to experience the process myself after we arrive. What a joke! Took me a few months, or maybe even a few weeks, to get my permanent residency in japan. No offence to those newly-weds but if you'd been married more than 15 years, this should be a bit easier.

Anyway, will courier out the docs I have tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Heather.
Good luck...and yes please let us know how it works out. MANY countries seem to do this MUCH faster and with far less hassle than Canada, so I agree it's up to us at some point to bring it to the attention of the government types. Got a feeling we're victims of some political posturing in the big picture.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
Gumper said:
Good luck...and yes please let us know how it works out. MANY countries seem to do this MUCH faster and with far less hassle than Canada, so I agree it's up to us at some point to bring it to the attention of the government types. Got a feeling we're victims of some political posturing in the big picture.
Thanks. Will keep you informed. Think I will also phone the mp in lethbridge, where we plan to live, tomorrow and see if they can help. It's been so long since I've lived in Canada so I think that is the best thing to do.

Heather

ikon0523

May 23, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
01-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
28-01-2014
HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a situation. Kinda embarrassing but I'd still ask anyways. I forgot to send 1 requirement listed on my PPR (I know, stupid. Too excited). How do I go about sending it? My PPR packet was received at the embassy on the 23rd. Do I just send it or wait for them to ask for it again (I really don't like this option as it runs the risk of increased wait times)? Has anybody experienced this?

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Received a message tonight that made us both really happy, but we're now a bit confused.

The message said I was approved as a sponsor (Hurray!!!), but it also mentioned that our application was "forwarded to a visa office abroad".
Just below this it lists the address and contact information for the visa office... in Ottawa.

"This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act"

So, is our application being processed in Ottawa, not Manila?

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
DJC_06 said:
Received a message tonight that made us both really happy, but we're now a bit confused.

The message said I was approved as a sponsor (Hurray!!!), but it also mentioned that our application was "forwarded to a visa office abroad".
Just below this it lists the address and contact information for the visa office... in Ottawa.

"This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act"

So, is our application being processed in Ottawa, not Manila?
Hmm, I just went back and looked at mine and it listed Manila. Did you apply as an inland applicant or Outland applicant?

Heather

Ps. Congratulation by the way.

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Applied Outland and listed Manila as our preferred office as per the supplied directions. I included info in my app saying I was moving back beforehand wife got her PR though, so maybe that's why it was sent to Ottawa.

I guess I can't hang out here anymore ; ;

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
dollinexile said:
Hi everyone,

I have a situation. Kinda embarrassing but I'd still ask anyways. I forgot to send 1 requirement listed on my PPR (I know, stupid. Too excited). How do I go about sending it? My PPR packet was received at the embassy on the 23rd. Do I just send it or wait for them to ask for it again (I really don't like this option as it runs the risk of increased wait times)? Has anybody experienced this?
Your application wont be processed as you mention you failed to provide the requested information,
you should send it as soon as possible with a note explaining the situation,

don't delay, the longer you delay.. the longer you application will be put on hold

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Awesomeg said:
Your application wont be processed as you mention you failed to provide the requested information,
you should send it as soon as possible with a note explaining the situation,

don't delay, the longer you delay.. the longer you application will be put on hold
Thanks!

gt_65

Dec 17, 2013
Hwseyl said:
Heh GT,

If you're still hanging around here can you tell me what you needed for the app A. We are next in line it looks like but still waiting. My husband is off on a business trip next week out of country and I was wondering what we need to send in with app A so we can get it ready in case he's gone and the letter comes.

By the way, did it come by regular mail? And do you send it back by regular mail?

Heather
Hey Heather - sorry did not see this earlier. Not much was needed. There is some information to fill out - name, passport info for all dependants, address and phone number. Passport photos are required, but if you sent them in already, you won't need to. It came via email. And sent back via courier, so we knew when it got to the VO office. Hope this helps!