Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Happy New Year to all:

Welcome to this page! I created this page so we can share our stories and/or difficulties. Please feel free to comment, if you have any question, suggestion or if you want to share your story please do so.

This page is created specifically for 2016 applicants who applied for OUTLAND CONJUGAL APPLICATION for their filipino spouse or partner. I am a Canadian citizen and im sponsoring my partner from the Philippines.

By the way Heres our Timeline:

April 30, 2016 - Submitted the Outland Conjugal Application with upfront Medical Check up and Police record.
May 12, 2016 - AOR
June 5, 2016 - Sponsor approval
June 14, 2016 - File transfer to Canada Embassy Manila
October 1, 2016 - My partner received a letter from CIC MANILA stating that she needs to pay Rights Of Permanent Residence Fee amounting to 490 CAD. We paid it after 3 days and we notified CIC about the receipt.

Up to now theres no update from CEM. We constantly check our MY CIC AND ECAS from time to time but no update yet.

Heres our challenges now:
- I cant link my application number to MY CIC ACCOUNT.
- I would like to access GCMS notes (which i recently discover but seems to be a complicated process).
- We are not sure if there will be an interview.
- We would like to know if CEM got her medical results and if she passed because she refused to have Mumps-Measles-Rubella vaccine. My partner is adamant about tedious vaccines as part of her application. We felt that time that NO ONE REALLY KNOWS IF WE WILL BE GRANTED ON THIS APPLICATION and we believe that we can find her baby records and present to CEM on a much later time if they asked it. All her medical check up has good results except she refused to take the vaccine as part of the upfront medical check up.

Anyway so far we both of us are still waiting. I have heard that the process was refuced in 12 months but im not sure if CEM will really implement it. Spousal or common law is quite easy as i understand but CONJUGAL is a little bit challenging. My partner is a transgender woman. We cannot get married in the Philippines and Common law for both opposite or same sex is not recognize and had no support from the Philippine Government.

She tried to visit me here in Canada but she was refused a TRV twice, then We planned to visit USA and hopefully can get married but she was denied too. Talking about Immigration barrier.

Thanks for reading. If you have any comments or even critisism is much appreciated.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Where did your partner take the medical exam?
When you check ECAS, does it say "received" on the medical?
Have you created an account in your partner's name to link to MyCIC or is it your name?

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
-We had it done in St Lukes Hospital in Makati. We did upfront medical along with our application.
-The ECAS IT DOESNT SAY RECEIVED on medical
-Its on my partners name trying to link but not successful

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
canadalover4987 said:
-We had it done in St Lukes Hospital in Makati. We did upfront medical along with our application.
-The ECAS IT DOESNT SAY RECEIVED on medical
-Its on my partners name trying to link but not successful
Ahh, St Luke's... I was also going to have ours done there but I decided to do it at IOM after reading posts here about vaccines being required by St Luke's and that additional costs. As there were some members here that I have been talking to and recently landed in Canada, I asked if they were really asked at the point of entry about their medical exam, blah, blah. I was told no and that the record of vaccines is only needed for those with dependents esp when they go to school in Canada. It is a requirement at the school :). So there, least I saved some monies about those vaccines that is not really required when we had upfront med at IOM :)

Keep trying on MyCIC. I used the Family Name, Given Name, Birthday. It did not work initially but when I noticed that CIC uses my name without my Middle Name, I tried again exactly just my Given Name and finally it worked! I kept adding my Middle Name initially as part of the Given Name because that's how I filled all the forms when we submitted the application. I am the Principal Applicant :)

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Survivor27 said:
Ahh, St Luke's... I was also going to have ours done there but I decided to do it at IOM after reading posts here about vaccines being required by St Luke's and that additional costs. As there were some members here that I have been talking to and recently landed in Canada, I asked if they were really asked at the point of entry about their medical exam, blah, blah. I was told no and that the record of vaccines is only needed for those with dependents esp when they go to school in Canada. It is a requirement at the school :). So there, least I saved some monies about those vaccines that is not really required when we had upfront med at IOM :)

Keep trying on MyCIC. I used the Family Name, Given Name, Birthday. It did not work initially but when I noticed that CIC uses my name without my Middle Name, I tried again exactly just my Given Name and finally it worked! I kept adding my Middle Name initially as part of the Given Name because that's how I filled all the forms when we submitted the application. I am the Principal Applicant :)
Its terrible that they asked my partner for a vaccine upon her upfront medical check up. Its horrible procedure and its a complete waste of money as she is just applying not landing. Besides we are very conservative about those vaccines and will always be skeptical about it. I think that the new process does not include upfront anymore.

We will try again to link our application to My CIC. As we are very interested to know if they reviewed the medical that we submitted, during that time i guess our application will be returned to us if we did not abide the upfront check up so i would assume we are ok but im worried about that mumps measles rubella vaccines that she did not agreed upon. My partner says she had that when she was in her grade school but the problem is we cant find her vaccine records (we are talking about many years shes too old to keep those records even her baby records was no where to be found).

What other challenges you have in your procedure? Are you in a conjugal application too?

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
I getting impatient about linking the account to my cic, there is a question stating number of family members including the principal applicant, i would assume she have to put 2? (Me and her) or just her?

Btw, she put her parents and her siblings on the application forms (but they are not coming with her) does she have to answer including her immediate family members or no? She has 2 siblings and her parents (so thats 4) does she have to say 5? Or 6? (Including me)

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
canadalover4987 said:
Its terrible that they asked my partner for a vaccine upon her upfront medical check up. Its horrible procedure and its a complete waste of money as she is just applying not landing. Besides we are very conservative about those vaccines and will always be skeptical about it. I think that the new process does not include upfront anymore.

We will try again to link our application to My CIC. As we are very interested to know if they reviewed the medical that we submitted, during that time i guess our application will be returned to us if we did not abide the upfront check up so i would assume we are ok but im worried about that mumps measles rubella vaccines that she did not agreed upon. My partner says she had that when she was in her grade school but the problem is we cant find her vaccine records (we are talking about many years shes too old to keep those records even her baby records was no where to be found).

What other challenges you have in your procedure? Are you in a conjugal application too?
Not in conjugal. I am married with dependents from previous relationship that are both accompanying me. I am hoping for a smooth process of our application as I have already included in the app everything that might be needing or asked later :) I made comments to your post because of the MMR vaccines.

I'm glad to be a part of this forum because my mind was also set to taking our upfront med at St Luke's because they are well known to being good. Switching to IOM though was indeed a good choice for us and I have to say they were fast in forwarding our exam to the embassy. It took only 3 working days for them to forward as I checked and followed up with them as per instruction in November 2016. How about you? Were you also given instruction by St Luke's to follow up after certain number of days to check if they were able to forward the med exam to the embassy or CIC?

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
canadalover4987 said:
I getting impatient about linking the account to my cic, there is a question stating number of family members including the principal applicant, i would assume she have to put 2? (Me and her) or just her?

Btw, she put her parents and her siblings on the application forms (but they are not coming with her) does she have to answer including her immediate family members or no? She has 2 siblings and her parents (so thats 4) does she have to say 5? Or 6? (Including me)
It should be just you and her so you must input "2". About the parents and siblings, their names are to be inputted only on IMM 5406 and not the Generic Form IMM 0008. Is that what you or her did? I sure hope so.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Survivor27 said:
How about you? Were you also given instruction by St Luke's to follow up after certain number of days to check if they were able to forward the med exam to the embassy or CIC?
She says NO. She she was told that everything will be forwarded to the embassy, but it wont do any harm if we call St. Lukes to ask for if they submitted it to the CEM or not. I would assume they did otherwise our application will be returned back to us with incomplete requirements.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Survivor27 said:
It should be just you and her so you must input "2". About the parents and siblings, their names are to be inputted only on IMM 5406 and not the Generic Form IMM 0008. Is that what you or her did? I sure hope so.
That is correct. In the generic form it was only her.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
canadalover4987 said:
She says NO. She she was told that everything will be forwarded to the embassy, but it wont do any harm if we call St. Lukes to ask for if they submitted it to the CEM or not. I would assume they did otherwise our application will be returned back to us with incomplete requirements.
We were also told the same thing at IOM but before we left, we were also told to follow up with them and gave us a piece of paper about their contact details. I sent them email instead of phone call (just so I have documentation proof) on the follow up and they were pretty fast in responding to my email.

canadalover4987 said:
That is correct. In the generic form it was only her.
This is good then and so you must input '2' :) I posted the below texts (part of it) on the other thread earlier:

===========================

Nweis, don't lose hope. You will still get your Apps linked to MyCIC. Yes, it's the same below steps that I followed:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2-a. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application
and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

Again, for 2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info). On no. 6, I entered '4' because I have 2 dependents.

============================

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
Survivor27 said:
We were also told the same thing at IOM but before we left, we were also told to follow up with them and gave us a piece of paper about their contact details. I sent them email instead of phone call (just so I have documentation proof) on the follow up and they were pretty fast in responding to my email.

This is good then and so you must input '2' :) I posted the below texts (part of it) on the other thread earlier:

===========================

Nweis, don't lose hope. You will still get your Apps linked to MyCIC. Yes, it's the same below steps that I followed:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2-a. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application
and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

Again, for 2-a, I selected Family Name, Given Name, Birthday (This is Principal Applicant's (PA) info). On no. 6, I entered '4' because I have 2 dependents.

============================
I tried both spousal and conjugal- it didnt work.

And i tried the steps too but it didnt work.

I reported a technical issue im hoping i can get a feedback.

bukayo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 18-11-2016 AOR2 28-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2016
Conjugal here too but no accompanying dependents. Hope we have a smooth ride. Good luck to all of us.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
bukayo said:
Conjugal here too but no accompanying dependents. Hope we have a smooth ride. Good luck to all of us.
Welcome to this page. I hope do too.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
bukayo said:
Whats your story and time line?