Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
canadalover4987 said:
Hi thanks for joining this thread. :)

That is totally not true. Being in a conjugal affair means we just have to prove above and beyond our intention. It may take a little longer because unlike spouse or common law they can prove that they cohabitated easily unlike conjugal app. Spousal, common law and conjugal are all under family class and it states on the CIC website that they will treat all category equally.

Im positive that discrimination is everywhere. The difference is Philippines has no anti-discrimination law that will protect not only lgbt people but everyone. its more of a question which country between Canada and Philippines has lesser discrimination. In Canada we have laws that will protect people in any forms of discrimination unlike in the Philippines.

I hope you dont mind me asking, Are you in a heterosexual relationship or same sex? How long youve been in a relationship and what makes you decide for a conjugal route?

Also, i noticed your timeline regarding the interview says "not needed", was the interview waived? Did you also request for GCMS notes? Can you tell us more about your story if its ok with you.
I am in a heterosexual relationship. The problem is that I was married here in the Philippines and divorced filed in the US - still married in status here in the PH. I am Filipino citizen and my partner is Filipino/Canadian. We can't get married in the PH as long as I am still married in status here.

We are in a relationship for almost 5 years now and just decided to apply for PR August of last year as we already settled all our businesses and all other personal matters here in the PH.

Interview status came from MyCIC stating that "not needed at this time" hoping there's none. We are thinking of ordering GCM but I'd rather wait instead, since MVO is asking additional documents, I think it's a good sign that they need more supporting documents as they find our relationship genuine. Keep us all posted... good luck to all of us! :D :D :D

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
June 14, 2017 Canada Embassy Manila
Med's Done....
April 15, 2016 Upfront Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22, 2017, Guidance Counseling Program Seminar March 3, 2017
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
r2rlanes said:
I am in a heterosexual relationship. The problem is that I was married here in the Philippines and divorced filed in the US - still married in status here in the PH. I am Filipino citizen and my partner is Filipino/Canadian. We can't get married in the PH as long as I am still married in status here.

We are in a relationship for almost 5 years now and just decided to apply for PR August of last year as we already settled all our businesses and all other personal matters here in the PH.

Interview status came from MyCIC stating that "not needed at this time" hoping there's none. We are thinking of ordering GCM but I'd rather wait instead, since MVO is asking additional documents, I think it's a good sign that they need more supporting documents as they find our relationship genuine. Keep us all posted... good luck to all of us! :D :D :D

I see. Were you married in US? When did you file divorce? If you were married in the Philippines why will you file a divorce in the US? Is your previous partner a filipino or american? Have you been in the States? If yes what is your status there?

What are the additional supporting documents being asked by VO and when was this?

Did you all guys successfully link your application in my CIC? In my case, i have not despite of several numerous attempts. Trust me i have tried it everyday but still not working. Thats why i will order GCMS notes.

Yes i will keep this thread updated. I filed my outland conjugal application for my partner last April 2016.

reyshel

Feb 28, 2015
Hi everyone, me too is on this type of application. I applied my sponsorship to my partner last September 2015 and based on the recent GCMS notes that I requested thank God that eligibility and criminality had been updated to PASSED. Its quite a wait for this to happen due to additional documentations and explanation to do but worth it. Every detail in the application had been scrutinized and verified. When my partner received an email last November all I thought that was the end of it when I read the paragraph that he might not be eligible but given an opportunity to explain and provide additional documentations, now here's the good news. We're just waiting for the re-medical advice and hopefully they would send it next week. Guys, this is not to scare you on the long wait and processing but the latter depend on the documentations passed in proving that the relationship is genuine.

I hope that everybody on this category be given the opportunity to be reunited with their loved ones, its quite a challenge but it will all come to place.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
reyshel said:
Hi everyone, me too is on this type of application. I applied my sponsorship to my partner last September 2015 and based on the recent GCMS notes that I requested thank God that eligibility and criminality had been updated to PASSED. Its quite a wait for this to happen due to additional documentations and explanation to do but worth it. Every detail in the application had been scrutinized and verified. When my partner received an email last November all I thought that was the end of it when I read the paragraph that he might not be eligible but given an opportunity to explain and provide additional documentations, now here's the good news. We're just waiting for the re-medical advice and hopefully they would send it next week. Guys, this is not to scare you on the long wait and processing but the latter depend on the documentations passed in proving that the relationship is genuine.

I hope that everybody on this category be given the opportunity to be reunited with their loved ones, its quite a challenge but it will all come to place.
OMG you applied way back sept 2015? Its been 1 year and 5 months? Holy mother of Christ! thats a long wait! Did you and your partner get an interview at CEM? If so, how was it?

What are the additional documents they ask from you? How long you been together with your partner? Are you in a heterosexual relationship? Is he previously married? Did you hire a lawyer or you applied it by yourselves? Im sorry if i ask to many questions, its very interesting to learn other peoples experience.

Please feel free to update this thread if in case there is any progress in your application. Thank you for replying on this thread. This will help lots of people an idea about conjugal application.

bukayo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 18-11-2016 AOR2 28-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2016
Guys, I received an email from MVO requesting for proof of severance from my previous relationship.

r2rlanes

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
20-09-2016 AOR2 ..........: 20-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront | Passed
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
23-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-04-2017
canadalover4987 said:
I see. Were you married in US? When did you file divorce? If you were married in the Philippines why will you file a divorce in the US? Is your previous partner a filipino or american? Have you been in the States? If yes what is your status there?

What are the additional supporting documents being asked by VO and when was this?

Did you all guys successfully link your application in my CIC? In my case, i have not despite of several numerous attempts. Trust me i have tried it everyday but still not working. Thats why i will order GCMS notes.

Yes i will keep this thread updated. I filed my outland conjugal application for my partner last April 2016.
Was married to american citizen and filed the divorce in the US for my partner to get married there. My status in the PH is still married and filipino citizen. I never been to US which I think one of the reasons why we separated as I don't wanna go there yet until I settled my business here - well a different side of the story. :)

VO requested original copy of my AOM which I already sent. Good luck... Start of the new week and hoping to get updates from CIC. :) :) :)

reyshel

Feb 28, 2015
canadalover4987 said:
OMG you applied way back sept 2015? Its been 1 year and 5 months? Holy mother of Christ! thats a long wait! Did you and your partner get an interview at CEM? If so, how was it?

What are the additional documents they ask from you? How long you been together with your partner? Are you in a heterosexual relationship? Is he previously married? Did you hire a lawyer or you applied it by yourselves? Im sorry if i ask to many questions, its very interesting to learn other peoples experience.

Please feel free to update this thread if in case there is any progress in your application. Thank you for replying on this thread. This will help lots of people an idea about conjugal application.
No interview so far. Heterosexual and been in the relationship for 6 years now. He had a previous marriage that's why we took this route and he applied for annulment in the Philippines in 2013 and its like forever for the decision to come out that its still in queue to this date. We used every documentation of this as proofs and many others as specified in the document checklist and it was more expanded because we included every receipt and anything that pertains to the relationship. I did a lot of researching in terms of inclusion of possible documentations because I am aware that by far this is the most challenging route to take until I came across this forum and I've learned a lot from their experiences.

It was November 2015 when they requested for additional document and that was his police certificate in South Korea, that was included in the application but they were looking for additional information to the police certificate and an additional document as proof for his late registration (birth certificate). Months passed and didn't hear any from them so I decided to request for GCMS notes then another GCMS after 3 months but still the same with the previous but they added my inquiry regarding his expired medical. It was kind of disappointing because of the long wait but what can we do, patience is the name of the game, right. November 2016 they sent another email which they call a fairness letter. They were satisfied with the genuineness of the relationship but they asked him and me (sponsor) to submit any documentation for TRV application because no record found that he filed one. So at that time we gathered all the documents needed for his TRV application submitted at CVAC and emailed receipts of payment, receipt from CVAC, a copy of my ticket during my last visit to the Philippines and pictures to Visa office. After a week he received a refusal letter on his TRV and that again was emailed back to visa office. Last month on the 18th to be exact I requested another GCMS to check where we're at with the application and thank God I received the notes last week with FLYING COLOURS - PASSED on the 3 categories.

The last email that he received, we were stressed out that I thought of considering the help of immigration lawyer or consultant but way too expensive and one consultant said she can't do anything. So I went with my instinct instead, I read the letter many times
and did my best to understand and decipher what the officers want us to submit and it was worth the effort.

I hope that this experience can somehow enlighten or inspire applicants like us that possibilities are out there and that depends on the intentions and the HOWS of it.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
bukayo said:
Guys, I received an email from MVO requesting for proof of severance from my previous relationship.
Sorry but we have no idea about your story. If MVO is requesting a proof of severance from your previous relationship, i am not sure if its a good sign or not. Its good if you can provide a letter (which i hope you can obtain one) its bad if you cant prove that you are separated from your ex.

Were you in a common law relationship or married with your previous relationship? Is your previous relationship a filipino or a foreigner? Are you currently in a same sex or heterosexual relationship? Did you disclose in your application your previous relationship?

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
reyshel said:
canadalover4987 said:

No interview so far. Heterosexual and been in the relationship for 6 years now. He had a previous marriage that's why we took this route and he applied for annulment in the Philippines in 2013 and its like forever for the decision to come out that its still in queue to this date. We used every documentation of this as proofs and many others as specified in the document checklist and it was more expanded because we included every receipt and anything that pertains to the relationship. I did a lot of researching in terms of inclusion of possible documentations because I am aware that by far this is the most challenging route to take until I came across this forum and I've learned a lot from their experiences.

It was November 2015 when they requested for additional document and that was his police certificate in South Korea, that was included in the application but they were looking for additional information to the police certificate and an additional document as proof for his late registration (birth certificate). Months passed and didn't hear any from them so I decided to request for GCMS notes then another GCMS after 3 months but still the same with the previous but they added my inquiry regarding his expired medical. It was kind of disappointing because of the long wait but what can we do, patience is the name of the game, right. November 2016 they sent another email which they call a fairness letter. They were satisfied with the genuineness of the relationship but they asked him and me (sponsor) to submit any documentation for TRV application because no record found that he filed one. So at that time we gathered all the documents needed for his TRV application submitted at CVAC and emailed receipts of payment, receipt from CVAC, a copy of my ticket during my last visit to the Philippines and pictures to Visa office. After a week he received a refusal letter on his TRV and that again was emailed back to visa office. Last month on the 18th to be exact I requested another GCMS to check where we're at with the application and thank God I received the notes last week with FLYING COLOURS - PASSED on the 3 categories.

The last email that he received, we were stressed out that I thought of considering the help of immigration lawyer or consultant but way too expensive and one consultant said she can't do anything. So I went with my instinct instead, I read the letter many times
and did my best to understand and decipher what the officers want us to submit and it was worth the effort.

I hope that this experience can somehow enlighten or inspire applicants like us that possibilities are out there and that depends on the intentions and the HOWS of it.

It looks like there is a light in the end of the tunnel. But if i were in to your shoes, i will call my MP and set an appointment. There is no harm if we talk to our MP he might possibly suggest or do something about it besides its free. 1 year and 5 months is extremely long wait. This is above and beyond the process. It clearly states on the website that CIC will treat all family class equally whether its spousal, common law and conjugal.

You can find you MP here using your Postal code: http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

In my case, my application is running 10 months now since i submitted it last April 2016. Up to this moment, i cannot link my application despite of my numerous attempts. Requesting for a GCMS notes would be ideal.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
r2rlanes said:
Was married to american citizen and filed the divorce in the US for my partner to get married there. My status in the PH is still married and filipino citizen. I never been to US which I think one of the reasons why we separated as I don't wanna go there yet until I settled my business here - well a different side of the story. :)

VO requested original copy of my AOM which I already sent. Good luck... Start of the new week and hoping to get updates from CIC. :) :) :)
Wow! Thats a progress! Please keep us posted because this thread is solely for this type of application. (Conjugal). I wish us all best of luck! :)

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
reyshel said:

What is the last email all about and how did you address it? Im confused about your trv, are you saying you previously apply for a trv before you submitted your conjugal application? OR were you instructed by CEM to apply for trv only to be refused?

bukayo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 18-11-2016 AOR2 28-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2016
canadalover4987 said:
Sorry but we have no idea about your story. If MVO is requesting a proof of severance from your previous relationship, i am not sure if its a good sign or not. Its good if you can provide a letter (which i hope you can obtain one) its bad if you cant prove that you are separated from your ex.

Were you in a common law relationship or married with your previous relationship? Is your previous relationship a filipino or a foreigner? Are you currently in a same sex or heterosexual relationship? Did you disclose in your application your previous relationship?
I was married from my previous relationship and my annulment is ongoing. I provided them a certificate coming from the Regional Trial Court that my annulment is still pending and affidavit from me and my parents that we already got separated. I hope that this will be fine. Yes, I disclose it on my application.

reyshel

Feb 28, 2015
Hi Canadalover4987, the email was about cohabitation, they were asking my partner for an explanation. As a sponsor I can't be with him in the Philippines for 12 consecutive months to be categorized under common law partnership because technically he's still married and might be charged of bigamy. Under conjugal partnership, you have to prove why you can't be married or be in common law relationship. The TRV wasn't before the application but during the process. His application for TRV was his explanation of the above concern, granted entry to Canada means he can have the opportunity to be with me for 12 consecutive months but his refusal served as an impediment.

canadalover4987

Nov 7, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2016
AOR Received.
May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 20, 2017
reyshel said:
Hi Canadalover4987, the email was about cohabitation, they were asking my partner for an explanation. As a sponsor I can't be with him in the Philippines for 12 consecutive months to be categorized under common law partnership because technically he's still married and might be charged of bigamy. Under conjugal partnership, you have to prove why you can't be married or be in common law relationship. The TRV wasn't before the application but during the process. His application for TRV was his explanation of the above concern, granted entry to Canada means he can have the opportunity to be with me for 12 consecutive months but his refusal served as an impediment.

Thats an absolute wise act! I am pretty positive that you guys can get a visa, the fact that you have obvious immigration barrier and serious legal impediment due to previous marriage. Please keep us posted!

Queeen.14

Star Member
Oct 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017 (AOM)
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
File Transfer...
02-11-2016 / AOR2: 03-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
LANDED..........
Hoping VERY SOON
reyshel said:
Hi just wanted to ask what notes were written on your previous GCMS notes before they sent your partner a fairness letter? Was it because (correct me if I'm wrong) they weren't convinced the rel'p is genuine which is why they've asked several addt'l docs?

I got my 2nd set last week and there was a note saying “Relationship documents provided. Appears to be sufficient to establish BF of relationship. However, limited docs provided to meet definition of FCE. Eligibility to meet FCE definition for closer review. Meds vu 17March2017 No adverse info found in GCMS and UCI No declared overseas stay NBI vu 04Nov2017 – no derog rec Vxxxxxxxxx and Vxxxxxxxxx – refused Gendocs for the ff sent via email: -PSA AOM”

I would really want to assume that they are satisfied with the rel'p being genuine except I have failed to provide PSA AOM upfront twice - upon sending complete package & when I received file transfer in Manila (AOR2). It's quite bothering that the app's file location changed to FCPNP-PUT-AWAY too which is why I wanted to know details of yours. TIA :)