+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory CAD $2000 quarantine for all travellers coming to Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your concern. I am in the USA currently, and based on the information on the same website, this rule appears not to apply to people coming from the USA. Please, check this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization
Note: If you’re coming from the US to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily you do not need written authorization.
Check this out again:
Immediate family members: How to unite with someone who is in Canada temporarily
Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

If you’re travelling to Canada from the US
If you’re travelling from the US to reunite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily, you must provide evidence that your travel is non-discretionary, such as to live with your spouse, common-law partner or family member.

You do not need written authorization from IRCC if travelling to Canada from the US.

Even with the above information, I would still write the IRCC via the designated email for a written authorization.
I am planning to enter through the land border(Windsor-Detroit ) tunnel.
You never said you were travelling by land from the US. Different rules and make sure you all have your Covid tests and quarantine plan.