+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory CAD $2000 quarantine for all travellers coming to Canada.

FlowerBlossom

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Even if you do that you'd still need to pay 2000 whenever you travel. Even if it's Fall-21.
This is ridiculous how students are going to pay this much. They are taking one-year fees and all these rules are coming now when students have already started their online course and its pic time for students to enter to Canada. How can we are going to pay 2000 dollar in India its almost 1 lakh huge amount

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Will a family reunification letter make one exempt from the 3 day quarantine ? Since it makes the travel essential ?
Can’t say but why would essential travel with a family reunification letter lead to an exemption. Maybe essential workers but people would be upset if there was such an exemption. Canadians could then also say their travel is “essential” to come home from out of the country and reunite with their families.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Can’t say but why would essential travel with a family reunification letter lead to an exemption. Maybe essential workers but people would be upset if there was such an exemption. Canadians could then also say their travel is “essential” to come home from out of the country and reunite with their families.
Lets see what happens, taking it with me anyway.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Hi everyone,

Do you know any exempted cases for these restrictions? I'm a PR Family Reunification, will arrive in Canada in March 2021. I will first arrive at Toronto Airport to transit to Montreal Airport on the same day. In this case, I will be quarantined in Toronto or Montreal? Which city should I input in the ArriveCAN application?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think you need to see what is deemed essential travel. It is essentially those needing to cross the border as part of their work like pilots, truck drivers, health workers who work across the border, etc. We will have to see but the government has indicated there will be very few exceptions. For those who can not afford quarantine a loan program may be offered like it was for repatriation flights.

Reactions: Ironclad

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I will be travelling to Canada with my spouse and kids to continue my study. I started the first Semester online already. With the new rule of CAD2K, I hope it would not be required that each of us pay 2K each?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will be travelling to Canada with my spouse and kids to continue my study. I started the first Semester online already. With the new rule of CAD2K, I hope it would not be required that each of us pay 2K each?
When are you travelling? By land or air? If by air, then it will be published if it is per person. Also how since current rules only allow one family member to travel with a person on a study permit? Or do all your family members have written authorization.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#family

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
When are you travelling? By land or air? If by air, then it will be published if it is per person. Also how since current rules only allow one family member to travel with a person on a study permit? Or do all your family members have written authorization.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#family
Thanks for your concern. I am in the USA currently, and based on the information on the same website, this rule appears not to apply to people coming from the USA. Please, check this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization
Note: If you’re coming from the US to unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily you do not need written authorization.
Check this out again:
Immediate family members: How to unite with someone who is in Canada temporarily
Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

If you’re travelling to Canada from the US
If you’re travelling from the US to reunite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily, you must provide evidence that your travel is non-discretionary, such as to live with your spouse, common-law partner or family member.

You do not need written authorization from IRCC if travelling to Canada from the US.

Even with the above information, I would still write the IRCC via the designated email for a written authorization.
I am planning to enter through the land border(Windsor-Detroit ) tunnel.

Last edited: