+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Malaysia certificate of good conduct (police clearance)

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi Everyone!

While I was living in Malaysia I had two renewed passports and now I have a third new passport which I haven't used to live there as I have left Malaysia to Singapore 3-4 years ago. My question is will they issue me the letter of good conduct based on all passports I have used to live there or only a passport per application ?

Hearing from you all soon.

Thanks!

https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my/en/

You cac apply online and upload the new passport no need to use the old one because the letter of good conduct will be including your passport number

Reactions: Lulu_SG

Lulu_SG

Jan 4, 2019
https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my/en/

You cac apply online and upload the new passport no need to use the old one because the letter of good conduct will be including your passport number
But I haven't used my new passport to enter or leave Malaysia before, so they wouldn't have any record of my new passport in their system. In this case is providing my old passport/s required?

Thank you for your help @MuAn

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
But I haven't used my new passport to enter or leave Malaysia before, so they wouldn't have any record of my new passport in their system. In this case is providing my old passport/s required?

Thank you for your help @MuAn

I have been in the same situation and I got it in 7 days with my new passport Number

Lulu_SG

Jan 4, 2019
I have been in the same situation and I got it in 7 days with my new passport Number
There is something wrong with their system if what you have mentioned is true! Don't you think any one can just claim that he has stayed in Malaysia and actually he didn't and just ask for the letter?! Then why they're asking for all passport pages according to CIC website? Isn't to look for entry and exist stamps?

Are you sure you have not used your passport ever to remain in Malaysia before? As my passport is totally new without any exist or entry to Malaysia, so their police report is based on what if I have no record that I have visited the country using my new passport unless they are going to retrieve my data via my full name and that make absolute sense to me.

Thank you again @MuAn

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
There is something wrong with their system if what you have mentioned is true! Don't you think any one can just claim that he has stayed in Malaysia and actually he didn't and just ask for the letter?! Then why they're asking for all passport pages according to CIC website? Isn't to look for entry and exist stamps?

Are you sure you have not used your passport ever to remain in Malaysia before? As my passport is totally new without any exist or entry to Malaysia, so their police report is based on what if I have no record that I have visited the country using my new passport unless they are going to retrieve my data via my full name and that make absolute sense to me.

Thank you again @MuAn

I sent them email in 2017 before I apply and the answer

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia.

2. Here are the answers to your questions.

2.1- My question is which passport I have to upload with my request ?

Please note that the application for Certificate of Good Conduct must using new/current passport

2.2- should I scanned all pages of the passport or just the first page that Shows my information ?

You may scanned the first page that show your information.

Thank you.

SKB Unit (Letter of Good Conduct)
Consular Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia

I told you I have been in the same situation

Did you change your name ?? If not then everything is fine your name will be in their system

Last edited:

Lulu_SG

Jan 4, 2019
I sent them email in 2017 before I apply and the answer

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia.

2. Here are the answers to your questions.

2.1- My question is which passport I have to upload with my request online ?

Please note that the application for Certificate of Good Conduct must using new/current passport

2.2- should I scanned all pages of the passport or just the first page that Shows my information ?

You may scanned the first page that show your information.

Thank you.

SKB Unit (Letter of Good Conduct)
Consular Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia

I told you I have been in the same situation

Did you change your name ?? If not then everything is fine your name will be in their system
Thank you so much @MuAn! No I have not changed my name.

Everything now is making a lot of sense. Thanks again!

Reactions: MuAn

missioncan18

Sep 2, 2018
thanks for info above, i was also confused since old passport was used for travel but taken pcc on new passport.

But unlike Indian PCC< this malaysian pcc does not have picture, it simply write abcd does not have any adverse record. Is it same with all? do we have any sample of malaysian pcc?

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
thanks for info above, i was also confused since old passport was used for travel but taken pcc on new passport.

But unlike Indian PCC< this malaysian pcc does not have picture, it simply write abcd does not have any adverse record. Is it same with all? do we have any sample of malaysian pcc?

As long as it shows No Adverse Record on it you are fine.
You can search for a sample in Google- img malaysian good conduct certificate

zareent

Feb 15, 2019
Hello, I'm staying in Malaysia now and my GCC status says it's ready for collection. But unfortunately I couldn't print out the acknowledgement slip earlier. Is there any way to collect it without the acknowledgement slip? What are the documents I need to take with me (including any additional document as a foreigner)?

And is there a specific number of people they give the queue number to or I can just go anytime during the working hours? Is it OK if I collect it after a week or two?

Thanks in advance. x

missioncan18

Sep 2, 2018
Guys, as per cic website we need letter from CIC to be given to malaysian embassy to get PCC. However I applied directly before ITA to malaysian embassy and I got my PCC.

Those who got PR, did CIC raise any concern or may be process is changed and cic website not updated.

jana23

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
My husband who is living in Sri Lanka was requested to provide Malaysia police certificate today. He was a worker in malaysia for only 6 months in 2011. He is now back in Sri Lanka. From what I’m read online, Malaysian police certificates are only given if you lived there for one year or more. It says that if you are requested for a police certificate and you lived there less than one year, then we must write “I cannot provide a police certificate for the time I spent in Malaysia because certificates are only available to people who have lived in Malaysia for one year or more.” My question is do we just simply write this to IRCC or do we still have to apply for police clearance in Malaysia andreceive a letter from them that they can’t provide a police certificate for him? Please help

Nagulen priya

May 7, 2019
Hi
I applied my police clearance on 10th of may 2019
I check my status still have in process
How many days to take this process sir?
Because i want this police clearance before 2nd july 2019

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi
I applied my police clearance on 10th of may 2019
I check my status still have in process
How many days to take this process sir?
Because i want this police clearance before 2nd july 2019
Hi guys, I am not Malaysian.
1. Do I need to upload all pages of passport?
2. Do I need to all pages with visa stamps ?
3. Do I need to upload only front and back page for my info?

Thanks in advance

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi guys, I am not Malaysian.
1. Do I need to upload all pages of passport?
2. Do I need to all pages with visa stamps ?
3. Do I need to upload only front and back page for my info?

Thanks in advance

1- No
2- No
3- Only the page that show your information.