+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Make refugee claim at Canada Airport

Waziri004

Sep 4, 2019
Hello, I'm from Iraq, I want to go to canada and make a refugee claim, because my life is in danger, there is a company that claims he can get me on an airplane and that if I destroy my passport at the airport but have my own national ID card and make a refugee claim they can not send me back, is there any truth to that, I'm no threat to anyone but my life is in danger, any help would be appreciated? by the way, I tried to get to canada by getting US visa and cross the border, but I was unable to obtain US visa.
Hi can i have ur what’s up please

Text123

Jan 19, 2020
I am new on this platform and will like an honest answer please.

I have tried TRV twice and they were all denied. A company promised to get me on the airplane to Canada and I have to destroy the passport and flush it in plane before leaving the flight and then claim asylum in the airport with good story and without any document.

Please I need a genuine advice from you guys.
Will I be detained and how long?
Will I be jailed?
Will I be deported back to Nigeria?
Have you experienced this?
Do you know anyone who has done this?
Is is possible?
Has anyone successfully do this?
Will I be asked how I was able to get on the plane?

I need update on how to go about this and kindly drop your advice.
thank you.

Text123

Jan 19, 2020

I have tried TRV twice and they were all denied. A company promised to get me on the airplane to Canada and I have to destroy the passport and flush it in plane before leaving the flight and then claim asylum in the airport with good story and without any document.

Will I be jailed?
Is is possible?

thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Will I be jailed?
Is is possible?

thank you.
This is most likely a scam and you won't be able to board the airplane. Everything is computerized these days and it's much easier for visa validity to be checked.

Yes - you will be detained when you arrive in Canada and you may be immediately deported. Even if you destroy your passport - the copy will be retained in computer systems and traced back to you. Note that coming to Canada on false documentation is a crime. Yes - of course you will be asked how you were able to board the plane. You must have valid identification and a valid visa to be able to enter Canada. Without these - you will have big problems when you arrive here.

No one here is going to advise you on doing something illegal.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
No direct flights from Canada to Nigeria, so how do you propose to make your next change when they check your documents again? Expect to get caught at that point.

If, and it’s a really big “if”, you made it to Canada, you will be detained until such time as they can determine who you really are. Yes that means jail.

Whether you are deported or not will depend on several factors like your basis of claim, criminality, military history, human rights violations etc. If your claim is denied or rejected, expect to be deported back to Nigeria.

And what benefit is there to destroying a passport? All that does is delay any claim you might make. It’s all a bit “Hollywood”.

Reactions: Text123

Text123

Jan 19, 2020
This is most likely a scam and you won't be able to board the airplane. Everything is computerized these days and it's much easier for visa validity to be checked.

Yes - you will be detained when you arrive in Canada and you may be immediately deported. Even if you destroy your passport - the copy will be retained in computer systems and traced back to you. Note that coming to Canada on false documentation is a crime. Yes - of course you will be asked how you were able to board the plane. You must have valid identification and a valid visa to be able to enter Canada. Without these - you will have big problems when you arrive here.

Thank you so much for your honesty.

Text123

Jan 19, 2020

I appreciate , thank you.

Newbie098

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hi everyone if we claim asylum at airport does it mean that we can never go back to our home country again what are the pros and cons.

TIA

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone if we claim asylum at airport does it mean that we can never go back to our home country again what are the pros and cons.

TIA
If your asylum claim is approved and you go back to your home country you could lose your status and never be allowed in Canada again, so yeah, you never go back to your home country.

Asylum means you have a credible fear for your life in your home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

TIA
Applying for asylum should be the very last option and should be only sought out if you have no other options but your life is at risk. You will only be able to return after you have citizenship which will be over 5 years or you could lose your status. Getting asylum is a difficult process and many are denied. If denied you will have travelling to many countries.

Newbie098

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
If your asylum claim is approved and you go back to your home country you could lose your status and never be allowed in Canada again, so yeah, you never go back to your home country.

Asylum means you have a credible fear for your life in your home country.
Thank you for your reply

Newbie098

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Th
Applying for asylum should be the very last option and should be only sought out if you have no other options but your life is at risk. You will only be able to return after you have citizenship which will be over 5 years or you could lose your status. Getting asylum is a difficult process and many are denied. If denied you will have travelling to many countries.
thanks