+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

low skilled worker to Live-in Caregiver

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:
yes! i have all the requirements, I am a nurse in our country thats why i think i don't need the certificate but if they need it i can ask my mom to send it here. Yes I came directly from the philippines. thanks job seeker. you are really a nice person.

chusana
Did you take the nursing certification exam?
If you submit your application to Seattle and you're not called for interview then you're good to go :). No need for US visa. I don't know if you can submit a medical with the initial application. The list of DMPs are in the website anyway. But if you want to make sure you can wait till they send the med request before going to a DMP. The only time you go to the border is when you already have the work visa stamped on your passport (after passport is requested) to pick up your work permit. When you cross to the US border you just inform the CBP officer that you're there to get your work permit and then they will turn you around. Sometimes you don't even have to really cross to the US side, you just do a u-turn :) Request for your visit extension as soon as you've sent off your app to Seattle so you're on implied status. Era said that processing was about a month(?) in her case.

chusana

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks very much once again. Actually, i am done with my medical here in calgary. I got the list of immigration doctors then i booked an appointment. I bet that was last mid month of January. They said they will forward it directly my medical results in the immigration. Okey i will send it this week. Thanks!

cutex79

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chusana said:
yes! i have all the requirements, I am a nurse in our country thats why i think i don't need the certificate but if they need it i can ask my mom to send it here. Yes I came directly from the philippines. thanks job seeker. you are really a nice person.

chusana
hi chusana, i have a PM for you..hope you can read my message..thanks!

APRILYN

Feb 17, 2010
HI,
I need advices/help. I have mild levoscolios but I passed the medical exam by the Canadian embassy and now I am here in Canada as caregiver. Will my application for permanent resident be refused because of this? Thanks so much. I just worried because they might send me home.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:
Thanks very much once again. Actually, i am done with my medical here in calgary. I got the list of immigration doctors then i booked an appointment. I bet that was last mid month of January. They said they will forward it directly my medical results in the immigration. Okey i will send it this week. Thanks!
Your inbox is full :) Anyway I am really happy for you.

ydnarebeb

Apr 20, 2010
hi! is someone can help me? i just want to know if it is possible to send my application in seattle and after that can i return home in the philippines..instead of waiting in canada can i wait in the philippines.. wait for the approval letter of my work permit coming from seattle and my friend will just send it to the philippines..is it possible? thanks!

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
era2007 said:
fr calgary
i think 1month.

but in my case they replied already after 2 weeks asking for my passport.it took me a month because i have to send my passport to them ( i didnt include in my application because during that time i was in the process of getting my us visa too)
hy era2007...sent you pm..hope u will reply me..thanks

karyl

Apr 21, 2010
hi... i'm a low-skilled worker and i'm planning to shift to the live-in caregiver program... i already have a probable employer but they are not familiar about the process of shifting status of work permit. if she gets an LMO, can i just drive to Montana and get a new work permit under LCP?

my work permit expires in 2 months and i want to end from there... thanks a lot...

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
job_seeker said:
Hi,

Sent you a personal message.
hi jobseeker and totallymomy....just read this thread...may i know if it's possible that if i get an LMO, i can go to Buffalo CIC and submit my requirements for Live-in Caregiver so that the processing will be faster...i already have a US tourist visa...is the approval for Live-in Caregivers at Buffalo covered under the LCP where in one can apply for Permanent Resident after 2 years...or will it just be a workpermit?...thanks in advance for your reply!

jepshon

Jul 16, 2014
job_seeker said:
I think you can change your job from low skilled to caregiver but you will not be under the live in caregiver program and such will not be able to apply for PR under the live in caregiver class. If your employer is willing to wait for you that is the best thing to do, apply in the Philippines. Anyway have copies of your LMO and contract to submit with your application.
hi
I came to Canada under low skilled program..i decided to apply a live in caregiver program .got an employer and i got my lmo since feb..and processed my application to
US new york for permit application..after 3 mos i received a letter from immigration..that my application to work Canada has been approved ..
after a week i received my documents with stamp passport from US.

JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S NEXT STEP TO DO SINCE IT STATED ON THE LETTER I NEED TO OBTAIN THE PERMIT AT THE BORDER..
anybody here who can advice me what to do next..is it ok to get a permit to US border..
how does it works?

jepshon

Jul 16, 2014
job_seeker said:
Did you take the nursing certification exam?
If you submit your application to Seattle and you're not called for interview then you're good to go :). No need for US visa. I don't know if you can submit a medical with the initial application. The list of DMPs are in the website anyway. But if you want to make sure you can wait till they send the med request before going to a DMP. The only time you go to the border is when you already have the work visa stamped on your passport (after passport is requested) to pick up your work permit. When you cross to the US border you just inform the CBP officer that you're there to get your work permit and then they will turn you around. Sometimes you don't even have to really cross to the US side, you just do a u-turn :) Request for your visit extension as soon as you've sent off your app to Seattle so you're on implied status. Era said that processing was about a month(?) in her case.

hi
I came to Canada under low skilled program..i decided to apply a live in caregiver program .got an employer and i got my lmo since feb..and processed my application to
US new york for permit application..after 3 mos i received a letter from immigration..that my application to work Canada has been approved ..

JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S NEXT STEP TO DO SINCE IT STATED ON THE LETTER I NEED TO OBTAIN THE PERMIT AT THE BORDER..
anybody here who can advice me what to do next..is it ok to get a permit to US border..
how does it works?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
jepshon said:
hi

how does it works?
Go to the nearest US border and bring with you all your documents including the letter from VO New York, passport. You do not need to have US visa to cross the border and apply your work permit.just make sure that you have checked the time they are open. Usually it works better in the evening they say as it is not very busy.

jepshon

Jul 16, 2014
hi
do you think they would issue me a permit under LCP..
i have plan to go there this week..

thank you mylady

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Just got my work permit in the border last march..if i were you go to peace arch border. They are more lenient in there than.other borders. They will not even ask you a single question.

yzza

Oct 16, 2014
gwennie said:
Just got my work permit in the border last march..if i were you go to peace arch border. They are more lenient in there than.other borders. They will not even ask you a single question.
hi gwennie, can you tell me your experience in Peace Arch, when you get your permit at the border.
because i am going in Peace arch these month..
How did you get there, and how did they entertain you.

Please im waiting for your reply