+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

low skilled worker to Live-in Caregiver

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
TO ELLEJNOC,

Hi! i have read that you knew someone who need a nanny, can i apply for that? my current employer will release me on May 2010 coz she will study and maybe it will affect their income of her husband. If ever, can you please message me. thanks in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Lhay said:
TO ELLEJNOC,

Hi! i have read that you knew someone who need a nanny, can i apply for that? my current employer will release me on May 2010 coz she will study and maybe it will affect their income of her husband. If ever, can you please message me. thanks in advance.
Hi Lhay,

Where are you right now? How long have you had with your current employer? Nosy eh. Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Guys,

Any one of you had to leave an employer? Have a caregiver friend who wants to leave present employer because of excessive demands on her time, but is not getting overtime pay. She wants to look for another employer but the present employer is threatening to deport her. But of course she knows the employer can not do that. What can she do? Can she just get her things and leave the employer's house?

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
hi,jobseeker.i had this bad experienced fr my former employer.remember when i told u that she threatened me to send me back to the phils if i leave her?that her dad has a friend who is a (high official) here who can help them send me back home?that she even opened my letter without my permission.that she stressed me out etc,etc.but this didnt stop me fr leaving her.but b4 i left her i did all the neccessary steps so that she couldnt put me in trouble.i called the labour office and the cic immigration dept and ask for their guidance in what to do.the labour office told me that i can leave anytime without giving 2weeks notice coz threatening is an abuse.if u know that u r in danger or there is an abuse u can leave ur employer right away but be sure to inform the labour.i still gave her my notice for the sake of her babies eventhough its like living in ----with her.anyway the nanny can give 2weeks notice if she wants to leave her employer but if i were her if the situation isnt too bad then look for an employer first then process.dont waste ur time ,its hard when u cant work without new wp.so many people didnt know that u can do this.look for a new employer n process then resign when u get ur new working permit.

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
to lhay.hi lhay ,yes u can try and why not?u send me ur resume and i will give it to the person who is looking for a nanny.the problem is what if the employer wants to interview u in person?just asking coz im far away fr edmonton.give me ur contact number then i will kol u.have a gud weekend!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ellejnoc said:
hi,jobseeker.i had this bad experienced fr my former employer.remember when i told u that she threatened me to send me back to the phils if i leave her?that her dad has a friend who is a (high official) here who can help them send me back home?that she even opened my letter without my permission.that she stressed me out etc,etc.but this didnt stop me fr leaving her.but b4 i left her i did all the neccessary steps so that she couldnt put me in trouble.i called the labour office and the cic immigration dept and ask for their guidance in what to do.the labour office told me that i can leave anytime without giving 2weeks notice coz threatening is an abuse.if u know that u r in danger or there is an abuse u can leave ur employer right away but be sure to inform the labour.i still gave her my notice for the sake of her babies eventhough its like living in ----with her.anyway the nanny can give 2weeks notice if she wants to leave her employer but if i were her if the situation isnt too bad then look for an employer first then process.dont waste ur time ,its hard when u cant work without new wp.so many people didnt know that u can do this.look for a new employer n process then resign when u get ur new working permit.
Thanks ellejnoc. Will forward her your reply. She has found a new employer and her LMO is in progress.

BTW. How was your trip? Thanks again.

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
ELLEJNOC,

Thanks for the response, but since you are far from edmonton maybe i will just find here. This is my first time in other country so i want to stay here for a while and to familiarize the place and way of living. Thank you so much!

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
to job_seeker...sorry for the late response to ur question regarding my trip.well it was a good one.problem solved n had a wonderful xmas with my kids.i was back in canada on new yr's eve though.how about ur new yr?did u go home to spend it with ur family?or ur family come here?anyway when i came back here,ive got another gud news fr my employers.as the saying goes when it rains it pours..after my employers gave me an early vacation with pay n free airline ticket they plan to increase my salary.but they dont know if we need to change the contract or just keep it like that with the old salary in it.i hope they wont change their mind if we need to change the contract.thx n gudnite to u,job_seeker!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ellejnoc said:
to job_seeker...sorry for the late response to ur question regarding my trip.well it was a good one.problem solved n had a wonderful xmas with my kids.i was back in canada on new yr's eve though.how about ur new yr?did u go home to spend it with ur family?or ur family come here?anyway when i came back here,ive got another gud news fr my employers.as the saying goes when it rains it pours..after my employers gave me an early vacation with pay n free airline ticket they plan to increase my salary.but they dont know if we need to change the contract or just keep it like that with the old salary in it.i hope they wont change their mind if we need to change the contract.thx n gudnite to u,job_seeker!
Hi Ellejnoc,

Great news indeed. And greater still with the increase!!!! :) You are really blessed. I just am not sure if you need to change the contract. No trips for me or my family. Not yet anyway. All kids are in school and two weeks vacation is not just enough, for me anyway :(.

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
congrats on the salary increase ellejnoc, your employer is really nice :)

I'm also a member of another forum where caregiver applicants posts, and there has been a couple
of bad news since last week. 4 of the applicants who were called for a personal interview were refused
of a Visa :( even if they were able to answer the questions. The consul's judgment was unfair, they were
saying that the employer or the job order wasnt real.

If they think that it's not real why wont they contact the employers to verify? and not just decide right away.
almost 2 years of waiting, Speaktest, Medical Test and what not, and they simply say "sorry Im not satisfied that
your job order is genuine" or "just wait for your refusal letter because I am not convinced that your employer
is real" most of those who were interviewed were those applicants who went through an agency, but they really said
that the agency only facilitated the processing of the employer's papers.. their employers are really and existing.

Sorry for the rant, Im just really saddened and disappointed about the decisions lately. It's making me feel unsure
about pushing through the idea of applying as a caregiver in Canada :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
totallymomy said:
congrats on the salary increase ellejnoc, your employer is really nice :)

I'm also a member of another forum where caregiver applicants posts, and there has been a couple
of bad news since last week. 4 of the applicants who were called for a personal interview were refused
of a Visa :( even if they were able to answer the questions. The consul's judgment was unfair, they were
saying that the employer or the job order wasnt real.

If they think that it's not real why wont they contact the employers to verify? and not just decide right away.
almost 2 years of waiting, Speaktest, Medical Test and what not, and they simply say "sorry Im not satisfied that
your job order is genuine" or "just wait for your refusal letter because I am not convinced that your employer
is real" most of those who were interviewed were those applicants who went through an agency, but they really said
that the agency only facilitated the processing of the employer's papers.. their employers are really and existing.

Sorry for the rant, Im just really saddened and disappointed about the decisions lately. It's making me feel unsure
about pushing through the idea of applying as a caregiver in Canada :(
Hi Chloe,

That is really sad. How did they know the employers were not real? Anyway as we have discussed before there are employers who are willing to wait especially if they have small kids. Normally, they look for a new caregiver when the present caregiver is almost done with the two years. The current caregiver usually stays with the employer 6 or more months while the permanent residency is in progress, sometimes wait until the new caregiver arrives (that is if the employers are kind :)).

chusana

Jan 20, 2010
ERA so you mean, they let us enter whether we don't have a US visa. I want to do what you did. I don't have a US visa and I would like to apply for my workpermit at Seattle. I already have everything ready like LMO. Which is best am I going to mail it or in person. I don't want to waste my time going to Seattle border then they will not allow me enter the Cosulate.

thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
chusana said:
ERA so you mean, they let us enter whether we don't have a US visa. I want to do what you did. I don't have a US visa and I would like to apply for my workpermit at Seattle. I already have everything ready like LMO. Which is best am I going to mail it or in person. I don't want to waste my time going to Seattle border then they will not allow me enter the Cosulate.

thanks!
Hi,

Your inbox is full.

Did you come directly from the Philippines? Have you taken the 6-month care giving course? Yes send your application and attach all the requirements- care giving certificate, NBI clearance, transcript of records showing at least two years of college. Look at the checklist of requirements carefully. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/seattle/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng#APPLNGUIDE

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op14-eng.pdf (Might help)

chusana

Jan 20, 2010
yes! i have all the requirements, I am a nurse in our country thats why i think i don't need the certificate but if they need it i can ask my mom to send it here. Yes I came directly from the philippines. thanks job seeker. you are really a nice person.

chusana