+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

low skilled worker to Live-in Caregiver

PG girl

Jan 5, 2010
Hi!

I was a low-skilled worker and worked as a F and B server but i quit due to personal reasons. I would like to apply now as a live-in caregiver. I have 6 months caregiver course when i was in the Philippines and i have my transcript of records with me. Am i elligible? Should i go back to the Philippines and process it there or can i stay and my employer can process it here.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PG girl said:
Hi!

I was a low-skilled worker and worked as a F and B server but i quit due to personal reasons. I would like to apply now as a live-in caregiver. I have 6 months caregiver course when i was in the Philippines and i have my transcript of records with me. Am i elligible? Should i go back to the Philippines and process it there or can i stay and my employer can process it here.
All LCP must be processed at an office outside Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op14-eng.pdf Section 5.2

PMM

PG girl

Jan 5, 2010
so would that mean i can still stay here while my employer process my papers outside Canada or I must really go home and wait for my application? Cause i was thinking since i'm already here and i think i meet the requirements, might as well take a chance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
PG girl said:
so would that mean i can still stay here while my employer process my papers outside Canada or I must really go home and wait for my application? Cause i was thinking since i'm already here and i think i meet the requirements, might as well take a chance.
Do you have a visa to the US? You can submit your application to a visa office in the US once you have your LMO.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
PG girl said:
too bad but i dont have any visa to the US. so should i just go home and process it there?
I think you can change your job from low skilled to caregiver but you will not be under the live in caregiver program and such will not be able to apply for PR under the live in caregiver class. If your employer is willing to wait for you that is the best thing to do, apply in the Philippines. Anyway have copies of your LMO and contract to submit with your application.

PG girl

Jan 5, 2010
i feel bad about this. but anyways, thanks for the infos. I'll keep you posted if i have more inquiries. Thanks again.

era2007

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
00-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
18-08-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
11-02-2012
PG girl said:
i feel bad about this. but anyways, thanks for the infos. I'll keep you posted if i have more inquiries. Thanks again.
ei pg girl...dont be sad...coz the some of the information you have just read are wrong.

Base from my own experience like you as a contract worker and now as a liveincaregiver. Yes, you can apply and get into lcp if you are going to process your permit outside canada(buffalo) even if you are still here in canada . Actually you really dont need to have a u.s. visa because you will only get your work permit in the border (its only for immigration purposes). But for peace of mind like what i did you can easily get a u.s visa in about a week.Though even you have a u.s visa they wouldn't allow you to enter to u.s because your only purpose is to get your work permit in the border. So in short getting a u.s. visa is useless.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
era2007 said:
ei pg girl...dont be sad...coz the some of the information you have just read are wrong.

Base from my own experience like you as a contract worker and now as a liveincaregiver. Yes, you can apply and get into lcp if you are going to process your permit outside canada(buffalo) even if you are still here in canada . Actually you really dont need to have a u.s. visa because you will only get your work permit in the border (its only for immigration purposes). But for peace of mind like what i did you can easily get a u.s visa in about a week.Though even you have a u.s visa they wouldn't allow you to enter to u.s because your only purpose is to get your work permit in the border. So in short getting a u.s. visa is useless.
Maybe you can educate us on how you did your change from low skilled to LIC. Please let us know how you did it. Thanks.

era2007

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
00-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
18-08-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
11-02-2012
job_seeker said:
Maybe you can educate us on how you did your change from low skilled to LIC. Please let us know how you did it. Thanks.
everything is in the link posted by pmm,just read it

if your already here in canada you have to submit your application outside canada.it would be easier and faster if you will submit in buffalo or seattle but not in the philippines or vegerville (if u submit ur documents in vegerville it will only be as a contract worker and not in the livein caregiver program).

you need to exit canada too even for few hours or minutes,passing the border is fine .

you wil get your work permit at the border and be sure that in the work permit it indicates "LCP

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
Hi PG Girl, where are you located now?

the issue about processing your LIC papers, is the timeline.. it takes 18 months!! crazy but I really duno
if we can find employers who can wait that long :(

era2007

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
00-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
18-08-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
11-02-2012
totallymomy said:
Hi PG Girl, where are you located now?

the issue about processing your LIC papers, is the timeline.. it takes 18 months!! crazy but I really duno
if we can find employers who can wait that long :(
if you are going to process the workpermit outside canada somewhere in u.s it would only take 2-4 weeks but if you are going to process it in the philippines maybe a year thats why some of the employer and agencies get nanny from saudi arabia or hongkong

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
Yes that's the sad fact because Philippines has made the process really long and complicated, Agencies and
employers prefer Caregivers from other countries which doesnt take that much time for their Visas to be approved.

What do guys think about this idea:

Will go to US under Tourist visa, contact an Agency to get me an employer there in Canada, process my papers as LIC there in the US.

thanks a lot!

era2007

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
00-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
18-08-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
11-02-2012
totallymomy said:
Yes that's the sad fact because Philippines has made the process really long and complicated, Agencies and
employers prefer Caregivers from other countries which doesnt take that much time for their Visas to be approved.

Will go to US under Tourist visa, contact an Agency to get me an employer there in Canada, process my papers as LIC there in the US.

thanks a lot!
maybe it will work or you can also apply for tourist visa here in canada and process ur paper in u.s. at least it would be easy for you to look for employer or agency.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
totallymomy said:

thanks a lot!
Do you already have a B1/B2 Visa?